Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum Jelly

4.3

White Petrolatum

Pssst...here's my no.one beauty secret: dab ona bit of this colourless gloop onto your eyelashes for the most sultry, oooh-la-la, fan-like volumized winkies ever. Beats ALL the mascaras for sale out there- maybelline, shu uemura, chanel, estee lauder, shisedo...all are RUBBISH compared to this little cheap pot which stay on all day, doesn't smudge & is removed @ the end of the day with a simple cleanser while moisturizing those peepers. Functions too, as a smooth, glossy highlight for your eyelids & an emergency clear gloss for your lips. Only gripe is that it may feel greasy on oily skins & the "yuck" factor in sticking your pinky into a jar or skincare but hey, I will put up with far worse just for the effect it has on my lashes....YOU HAVE TA JUST GRAB THIS!!!

on 1/15/2005 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've been using Vaseline for 5 years now, and I always discover new ways to use them. Besides the usual moisturising effects (guess I don't have to elaborate), I just discovered weeks ago you can smear a little bit under your eyebrows to create that summery dewy glow look. Remember, just a teeny weeny bit!! You don't want to end up looking greasy :) Oh yeah and I'm only into my second pot after so long. CHeap cheap!

on 10/13/2005 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This great for so many things. It prevents nosebleeds in winter for my kids. Feet blisters soften from a night vaseline and cotton socks. Hands look great after the same treatment. I have thick, frizzy, wavy hair. I dab vaseline very, very lightly on my ends before my last run with the ionic blowdryer (on hot) and brush. No frizz and fly aways. Surprised?! I read this trick in some article and it really works.

******
I stopped using it on my hair. Great product but Cerave healing ointment works better than Vaseline.

i LOVE Vaseline, its one of the best products out their in my opinion and like what many had said it can be literally used for anything, such as.

Make Up Remover
Lengthening Your Eyelashes
Moisturizing Lips/ Body

and getting rid of Dry Callused Feet

This is how i did it. I would soak my feet in warm water for about 10 - 15 minutes to soften it up then dry my feet. Get a pair of clean/dry socks ahead of time because you don't want to walk around with Vaseline on the bottom of you feet. Then i would put as much Vaseline as need on my heels and put on the socks then go to bed. Then next morning no more dry feet!

on 1/28/2009 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

There are far too many uses for Vaseline to be listed on one review. Personally, I use it at night as a skin moisturizer. Though I've read critics say that petroleum jelly should not be applied to skin, I get such wonderful results that I'm willing to take the risk! I apply it over legs, arms, and pretty much the entire body at night before bed. The next morning I'm left with incredibly soft skin. This is a lifesaver during winter season. It's far too heavy to apply during the day as a body moisturizer and I'm still in search for the perfect lotion.

Lately, I've been applying this to my eyelashes to help them grow but I need more time to tell whether or not it is working. It's great for a lip moisturizer as well. BUT one thing that I don't think it's great for is an eyeshadow base. I find that it's too heavy to apply to eyelids and that it does not help with creasing at all. I'm going to read more MUA reviews to see what else I can use this fantastic one dollar jar for.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This does NOT work for my dry chapped lips. Been trying to put it on everyday just because everyone likes it for that simple purpose but it does nothing but sit on top of my lips.

This is cheap, considering how many uses there are and how much you get. Now if only they'll put it in a different container. I bought 50g but I still think it's too much. I don't use much at a time so this will last me tonnes of uses but if you use it millions of times, there's bound to be millions of germs. If only they have different types of packaging...
I don't like how it shines and looks oily but I guess this is what you get for being cheap.

on 4/3/2010 12:13:00 AM

So cheap and versatile! Works great as a moisturizer for lips. I have tried chapstick, carmex, burts bees and others but this works best for non-drying. It also works great as an eyebrow tamer, I used to buy special eyebrow gel but they always dried up with flakey dandruff like white spots, but you can use this to condition and keep your eyebrow hairs in place.
Finally, it's the best moisturizer for dry feet, just slather it on and put on socks overnight and your calluses will disappear after a few days of repeated use.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use Vaseline for
1] moisturising lips
2] putting around lashes before bed to wake up to longer and healthier looking lashes
3] getting rid of stubborn eye make up like mascara, just with fingers, no cotton needed
4] moisturising dry skin on face,body,dry cracked heels and dry nuckles
12] easing in earrings when piercing is abou to close up
I could go on and on...

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I haven't bought this product in a while. After reading the reviews here I remembered it's many benefits again. Will definitely by it in the near future. Thanks for reminding me!