Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.5

White Petrolatum

on 5/16/2017 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this. Multiple uses, esp. when cuticles or heels are extremely rough at night with socks. I use 100% Shea butter or cerave cream to maintain heels and cuticles once they recover. For face, I usually prefer aquaphor because it absorbs a bit faster and is (a bit) more matte, less greasy, when applied sparingly. (The difference between aquaphor and Vaseline is that aquaphor contains panthenol which aids in absorption into the skin. Aquaphor also contains ingredients that speed healing). But, Vaseline is ideal for acting as a barrier to keep moisture in and germs out. I think there is definitely room for both in the medicine cabinet. Sometimes I layer Vaseline with lansinoh lanolin for lips. ( lanolin is classified as an emollient, aquaphor a semi-occlusive; Vaseline as an occlusive). I think kiehl's lip balm one is a mix of petroleum and lanolin, but it travels more on the lips and doesn't last as long. . .

on 4/28/2017 8:52:00 AM

I bought this for my lips. But this never really moisturised my lips well. Will stick to blistex and carmex. Tried to use Vaseline for other uses eg moisturise my dry toe but it's not working .

on 3/17/2017 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Affordable, available at most stores and works for dry/ aging skin. Just wish I would've started using this sooner before I started aging! I'm 32 btw. But it's never too late to start, I can prevent future aging.

on 1/1/2017 3:28:00 PM

It's a must have for every household. I have a huge jar of this by my bed because I have dry hands and lips so I put some on before I sleep. Day after, I have smooth hands and lips. I also carry a small jar in my purse for the same reason and I also use this as a lip balm before I put on any lipstick. Would highly recommend this because it's one of those overall great multipurpose products you've got to bring with you.

on 12/16/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a must have in every household

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Is it true that I can use it to make my fragrances last longer?

on 8/23/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Vaseline is a great occlusive if you need one. I can't spread it over my face, because my oily skin disagrees with strong occlusives. However, I will not take off lippies for that, since it depends on your skin. It is meant as an occlusive and is one of the best products for that. So for being a great occlusive, it gets 5 lippies. It is a cheap product that is a good staple to have around the house.

A lot of people with dry skin love it as an occlusive to seal in their moisturizer. I use it as a protectant when applying protects that I don't want to get anywhere else. For example, I use it on my eyebrows when applying a self tan. I also apply it on my lips and nasal folds if I ever use a strong, rinse off version of a chemcial exfoliate (AHA/BHA). I dye my hair at home and it is great to put over the ears and parts of hairline to prevent dye from getting there. In the morning, before I wash my face, I use a little bit of vaseline mixed with sugar as a DIY lip scrub (gets all the flakes off). It is also great to put over a cut. It helps with the healing the cut, by keeping it covered. However, it does trap heat, so I wouldn't use it over burns (use aloe vera instead). There are so many uses for it if you need a occlusive for whatever random reason.

on 7/15/2016 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I think Vaseline is my newest obsession. In the past I would try and find the perfect moisturizer - nothing was good all year round- I would have to buy one just for summer, one just for winter. Vaseline is perfect for all year round. Of course during the summer you may have to apply less than winter, but I use it right after I wash my face and after I take a shower. I apply it almost immediately after drying. I think that it prevents my face from wrinkles and fine lines. At first I thought it felt heavy but the more you use, your skin gets used to it and absorbs right in. The key to foundation is to apply the powder right after too. I've been using it on my feet too and noticed improvement.

It's become a substitution for any moisturizer I've ever owned.

on 5/2/2016 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I like the Vaseline brand in general, but since I wanna go cruelty free, I won't purchase their products anymore. The product is a classic staple though indeed, nothing wrong with the quality or it's versatility. Don't like the smell too much though, but since they've launched different smells, that doesn't have to be an issue either.
I shifted to use Kaufmann's Kindercreme, which is a cruelty free, supermild, very affordable, beautifully smelling baby salve that does the same thing. Great for overnight, lips, feet, elbows, and all other dry spots that need extra care. :)

Pro:
- great for dry spots/patches
- feels comfortable on dry patches
- goes a long way
- the cocoa butter one smells amazing

Con:
- not cruelty free
- petroleum smell with the regular one
- can feel greasy if applied too generously

on 3/29/2016 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Basically I agree with everyone else here. The key is you have to know how to use it. I don't use this all over my face just on areas that tend to be a bit drier than others. It doesn't moisturize, it seals in moisture. So I always use a tiny bit on damp skin after I wash my face and it's helped make some fine lines disappear and prolong softness. I never have a problem with breakouts either. I can get massive tub of this at Walmart for $4. Also make sure you're buying VASELINE and not off brand Petroleum Jelly. Vaseline is refined in a way most off brand versions are not. This is important because Vaseline won't clog your pores which I'm not sure can be said for the other stuff.