Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.8

White Petrolatum

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'd never came across vaseline until I went for a skin resurfacing laser years ago, which left the skin raw and red. The doctor only gave vaseline and nothing else until it fully recovers. My skin healed like a breeze.
Afterwards I kept repurchasing it.

Before that i had never used such thick stuff on my face because of my oily skin, so i was surprised it worked.

Now I occasionally layer it over lotions and eye creams. On hand, face, elbows, feet, cuticles, hair, lash, lips, everywhere!

It keeps my skin soft everywhere without causing any sensitivity or breakout in hot and humid Singapore. And I always bring it with me when I travel to anywhere colder, especially when I'm unsure of how my skin will act.

I'll always keep a bottle a home for it's multi purpose usage. Thumbs up!

on 3/16/2012 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Fantastic stuff - put it anywhere and it will heal/soften/hydrate. If you gave it a chance it could probably bring dead plants back to life. And all for less than $5 for a medium pot. I've never touched chapsticks/lipbalms and when I do, I regret it, and go back to good old Vasey (we're tight like that.)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The vaseline inside is just vaseline, and can be used with everything, as every vaseline purchaser knows. I love the new packaging :)

on 1/18/2010 10:43:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I don't care what anyone says. I can't live without this stuff. It's cheap as hell and gives me lovely soft lips.
Admittedly when it's super warm it's not so great. It melts really easily and when I'm out in weather over 36 degrees I use lip cream with spf in because it's no good at keeping my lips from getting sunburn. For people who live in cold Britain though it's absolutely great. I love it.