Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

White Petrolatum

on 3/17/2017 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Affordable, available at most stores and moisturizing. I even use this on my body and over treatments.

on 3/29/2016 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Basically I agree with everyone else here. The key is you have to know how to use it. I don't use this all over my face just on areas that tend to be a bit drier than others. It doesn't moisturize, it seals in moisture. So I always use a tiny bit on damp skin after I wash my face and it's helped make some fine lines disappear and prolong softness. I never have a problem with breakouts either. I can get massive tub of this at Walmart for $4. Also make sure you're buying VASELINE and not off brand Petroleum Jelly. Vaseline is refined in a way most off brand versions are not. This is important because Vaseline won't clog your pores which I'm not sure can be said for the other stuff.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I really don't like Vaseline mainly because of the harsh petroleum smell but also because as a lip balm I find it only works as a quick fix and after it is soaked in, my lips actually feel more dry than they did in the first place.

I am writing this review to help anyone who may have the same problem - I have a solution!

Although it is becoming increasingly popular in the beauty world, I have found that a lot of my friends haven't ever heard of this product. If you have dry lips and find that no lip balm really solves this problem please, please consider Reve de Miel by Nuxe !!

It is pretty pricey for a lip balm but not extortionate and I promise you, it really works.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

I used to used this for years & years. I used it to remove all of my eye makeup or as a lip gloss. Generally, Vaseline BRAND is regarded as highly refined, non-carcinogenic and safe, but many other knock off brands are not. Please exercise caution. After I started realizing what it is made of and what I am smearing onto my body which is accepted into my pores and possibly my blood stream, I decided the possible toxins & downside were not worth the risk. it's a byproduct of the oil industry and therefore an unsustainable resource (read: not eco-friendly). Like the reviewer below, I too switched to extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil. It's pure, doesn't smell bad at all and I can also use it on my hair ends before bed to make them soft and help smooth dry ends. Coco butter is another viable alternative. Here is an interesting article with some good food for thought: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/vaseline-petroleum-jelly_n_4136226.html
Cheers!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Vaseline deserves the hype that it gets. It is a great moisturizing product and all purpose as well. I use this twice a week as an overnight moisturizer because I wake up with such amazing skin. This removes pimples and blemishes overnight! As an overnight treatment it has saved my skin's life and it has made me look better. I use it as brow gel, also use in in elbows, knees, feet, and lips. With crushed blush it also makes a great tinted lip gloss. It removes makeup like nothing else. My hair stylist also uses this as a barrier to prevent burning from blow-drying or when I relax my hair (usually every 3-4 months). The tub packaging makes me uncomfortable at times. I really wish it came in a tube. It dissolves mascara like crazy. I use this as an eye cream also and it plumps my eyes and diminishes dark circles. I haven't used it for burns or other problems like that. I'll have to try that. For all its worth, it does so much for so cheap. This will always be in my medicine cabinet and in my travel bag.

on 1/20/2009 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I put this around my eyes before bed and I wake up to moisturized skin with less visible wrinkles that are due to dryness. I hesitate to use retinol products on my eyes because it makes the skin more sensitive to the sun. Seems like an endless cycle (sun->wrinkles->retinol->exfoliation->wrinkles again). So I like sticking to vaseline.