Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.5

White Petrolatum

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Is it true that I can use it to make my fragrances last longer?

on 8/22/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

petroleum jelly should NOT be used on the face unless you're planning to get clogged facial pores and cause dirt and oil build up that will end up creating acne...be sensible and reasonable people. otherwise it's useful for moisturizing lips, lashes and eyebrows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Rumor has it that petroleum jelly is bad for you? Please tell me that's not true! I have very dry skin and I use this right after I shower while my skin is still very damp. My skin remains so moisturized and baby soft. Nothing compares to Vaseline. I have since switched to organic shea butter which also works well. But, I find that it sits on the surface of my skin. I prefer the Vaseline. One lippie off for questionable toxicity.

on 3/3/2012 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I tried this during the cold winter months on my face when it was dry, and parched. While it didn't exactly help with the feel or texture of my skin, it *looked* smoother and less red, but when I felt my cheeks (where the dryness was most apparent) it was still rough. While I don't think it contributed to helping my acne, it didn't make it worse after I used it. I think if/when I did break out it was because I used massive amounts of this stuff (after I exfoliated) and many nights of the week. I have since found oils mixed in with my regular moisturizer work much better to moisturize than Vaseline did. I do however see how this could be good with someone for dryer skin and maybe more mature skin, looking to seal in moisture.
I have used it on my neck/decolletage as well and while it felt great, it still contributed to some ugly pimples there. -_-
I still do use it regularly on my lips, especially after exfoliation, which I do nightly to take off my lipstick. I find that olive oil or other lip balms don't give enough moisture to my lips. I've put this on my feet at night alone with socks, and while it left helped a little bit, the softness was gone by mid-day. Yesterday I tried oil mixed in with Eucerin's cream (which is mostly petroleum) and my feet are still soft, 12 hours later! Eucerin is $25.00 Canadian for a tub, where as Vaseline is anywhere from $3-6 for a smaller but still big enough jar. I think I may try the Vaseline with oil tonight and see how it fares, because I'd rather be paying the price of Vaseline. I have also used it on the rest of my body, especially my legs after I apply my lotion, and it makes them sooo soft, and sooo supple. I can't stop touching them! It makes it easier if you apply lotion and spread this on top. For knees and elbows, it's good too! The thing is, if you sleep with Vaseline smeared to yourself, it feels a bit icky, so you have to live with that or let it dry a tad. Also you can use it for lube for the backside. ;P
I used this on my eyelashes last summer. Now I have long eyelashes in general so I don't think Vaseline actually make them grew any longer, but then again I wasn't doing it religiously. I remember using it in the day time and my friend thought I was crying because my eyelashes glistened haha. I think it also contributed to a stye because I didn't think of this as a product that needed to be washed off, like say, mascara (silly me). But I wouldn't put it on my eyelashes again, because the cons outweigh the *possible* pro's.
Also it helps overnight with those pesky eczema flare-ups on hands because of over-washing! Just gotta love Vaseline. :D

*Edit* I totally forgot one of the best things for Vaseline that I use everyday! I have thick eyebrows, and people always comment on them, now this can be attributed to threading but also to Vaseline. I use a little bit of Vaseline on a q-tip and apply it to my eyebrows. I have *seen* people buy brow gels for $20 :O, people you can use Vaseline! Seriously, it makes my brows look more defined, more arched, hence I look more awake and just have a defined face. I also find that if your powder/liquid foundation slides onto your eyebrows and makes them look weird (you know what I mean!) the Vaseline takes it off better then water! :)

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I haven't bought this product in a while. After reading the reviews here I remembered it's many benefits again. Will definitely by it in the near future. Thanks for reminding me!

on 4/20/2010 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

HG! theres nothing better than vaseline.. dry spots on my face, great winter foot treatment, slather on and put on socks, in the morning the smoothest heels! .. i also use on pinky toes an heels when wearin heels to avoid blisters. in the summer when its just too hot for mascara, ill take a qtip dipped in a lil vaseline an run along lashes very lightly..ive even used it in emergency hair flyaway situations and to smooth hairline after hours of wearing a tight chignon thats tryin to become undone, i have very dark eyebrows, dont use pencils i just comb in place swipe a lil on vaseline in place all day

on 11/24/2009 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

My mother slathers her face in this every night and just got a wrinkle about a year ago. FYI, she is 44. Naturally, I followed. This stuff heals any dry patches overnight and my skin feels so smooth and supple in the AM. It also has sooo many uses. I apply to my lips day and night. I apply to my daughters legs (they are VERY DRY) and it soothes her skin right away. I recommend this for everything!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love vaseline...it clears cracked heels, soothes my chapped lips, and even smoothes the under eye area when i wake up with crepiness.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love Vaseline! It does everything! :D
I don't like the tub though, it doesn't seem very sanitary. I'm the only one who uses it but I'm paranoid somethings going to start growing in it if theres a lot of bacteria floating around in there :P Still love it though.

on 5/29/2009 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Great stuff. My heels have a tendency to get dry, cracked, and funky looking easily (even if I keep up with regular pedis) and Vaseline softens them in a day. It's also the only thing that would cure my terrible chapped lips when I was a kid.