Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.5

White Petrolatum

on 12/31/2003 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

great for healing stubborn dry areas on face and body. leave it on overnight for great moisture. a hg to any dry skinned beauty. can't beat the old tried and true.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Vaseline has so many uses but i love to use it on my feet and put cotton socks on and in the morning my feet feel sooooo soft.

on 9/26/2004 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I use it on lips to keep them moisturized, as well as hands/feet and anywhere else that needs it. Very greasy though and does take some time to soak in so i use it overnight. I wish it came in a squeeze/pimp bottle because i have to reach in the tub to get it. It's great for removing eye makeup too.

on 12/27/2004 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This makes a great moisturizer, and the best way to use it is to get one hand wet with water, put a little Vaseline (a small fingertip full)on the other hand and mix them together then apply to body. It just sinks in and is not sticky or gooey and it's great! I'm so happy this works as it'll save my husband tons of $$$ on lotions!
:-) I'm so glad Vaseline is cheap and can be bought virtually everywhere.

on 1/14/2005 11:31:00 AM

I can't live without Vaseline. I use it all the time, every single day, for multiple purposes. Primarily I use it on my lips, since after my lips finally recovered from my high-school Carmex addiction I am still unable to regularly use any formulated lip balms without dire consequences. In comes vaseline. I also use it as a lash and cuticle conditioner, I protect my skin with it when I color my hair, etc.etc.etc. This cheap stuff is the best! People say petroleum is drying and bad for the skin... but I have seen no proof of that in all my years of using this stuff. Will use it forever.

on 1/15/2005 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've been using Vaseline for 5 years now, and I always discover new ways to use them. Besides the usual moisturising effects (guess I don't have to elaborate), I just discovered weeks ago you can smear a little bit under your eyebrows to create that summery dewy glow look. Remember, just a teeny weeny bit!! You don't want to end up looking greasy :) Oh yeah and I'm only into my second pot after so long. CHeap cheap!

on 5/13/2005 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My HG nighttime facial moisturizer-(and every day lip moisturizer!)-after a shower, get out, dry face, etc...then wet hands in sink, and gather a small dab and distribute evenly between hands and pat all over face. The water reapplied is then locked in, and the Vaseline is thinned out so it's not heavy. Wait a few, then with a kleenex gently wipe off excess on face, but leave thin layer on lashes. Just dab about, no rubbing. My skin is only calm and the redness is down and my lashes are healthiest when I do this! AND I have oily acne prone skin. HA! If this stuff is pure toxic poison then I'm gonna die happy...;-)

I love this stuff for dry lips!! I use it after I exfoliate my lips to keep them smooth and soft =) I've tried it as an eye makeup remover but it didn't work too well -- it was too greasy and left a film on my lids that had to be washed away with cleanser.

on 10/13/2005 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This great for so many things. It prevents nosebleeds in winter for my kids. Feet blisters soften from a night vaseline and cotton socks. Hands look great after the same treatment. I have thick, frizzy, wavy hair. I dab vaseline very, very lightly on my ends before my last run with the ionic blowdryer (on hot) and brush. No frizz and fly aways. Surprised?! I read this trick in some article and it really works.

******
I stopped using it on my hair. Great product but Cerave healing ointment works better than Vaseline.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Amazing!!! I, too, am in love with Vaseline. It has so many uses! My favorite uses are lips (every night and I never ever have dry lips), dry skin (ESPECIALLY for those who have those scaley, red bumps on the upper arms. This makes it so much smoother.), to remove eye make-up, to reduce acne scars on my face, you can even use it to moisturize your face if you're careful. Apply it at night and you'll wake up with amazingly soft, smooth skin. I also use this to apply loose glitter around my eyes, so that the glitter sticks. You can't go wrong with a classic.