Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum

on 1/22/2017 9:50:00 AM

I don't know why I ever stopped using this, I recently bought a tub of it after not using it for years, I forgot how great it is for dry skin and lips, I smother my face in it and really rub it in and my skin looks and feels great, I even notice fine lines around my eyes are reduced.

I read in a makeup book by Lisa Eldridge that Alan Snyder (Whitey - Marilyn Monroes makeup artist) said that Marilyn would coat her face in petroleum jelly to use it as a base for her foundation as it gives a really natural looking 'youth glow' and a soft focused look, I tried it out and it does really work, my skin looked great and really youthful.

on 1/1/2017 3:28:00 PM

It's a must have for every household. I have a huge jar of this by my bed because I have dry hands and lips so I put some on before I sleep. Day after, I have smooth hands and lips. I also carry a small jar in my purse for the same reason and I also use this as a lip balm before I put on any lipstick. Would highly recommend this because it's one of those overall great multipurpose products you've got to bring with you.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love ittt always and forever..I have acne prone skin and it actually heals my.skin and scars faster. I apply it over natural products or after splashing my face with water to seal the moisture. not good as a moisturizer before makeup!

on 12/11/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have super oily, acne-prone, clog-prone, sensitive and very flaky skin. I think the flakes come from my anti aging skincare (retinol, peptides etc) and acne medication (BP, AHA/BHA).

Do you know how annoying it is to have flaky skin? No foundation looks good after a few hours and I'm so tired finding ways to keep my face smooth. I've tried oil cleansing, microfiber cloths, emollient moisturizers on top, hyaluronic toner, switching foundations, methods of application, sunblock and powder but nothing really works. Then I stumbled into people's testimonies in MUA about using Vaseline on face. Initially of course I was scared. Acnes have been my number one enemy since puberty and I've had disasters trying on different stuff on my face. Then one night I took the plunge. I don't know why, I can only say I go bananas time to time. After using night serum and let it sink, I use Vaseline mixed with a bit of water on top and after 30 minutes pat with tissue.

And in the morning I had the surprise of my life. No redness, no extra zits, no flakes when I put on my make up! My skin seemed very calm, soft, plump and serene. A fluke? You know how sometimes you are good with a product then BAMMMM here comes the pizza. So I kept on using it almost every night on top of whatever skincare on my rotation, examining my skin obsessively every morning to notice any negative effects... and ladies, it's been months and I've never found a reason to stop using Vaseline on face. I find it non clogging and it provides a barrier for my skin against the world, creating a safe oasis that does not disturb my acne monster. I have neither flakes nor redness.

I am aware about the debate on petrolatum and I am firmly on the camp that believes it is not poisonous. However, I do believe that skincare is a very individual thing. Just because it's safe it doesn't mean it's for everyone. My point is that this works wonderfully for me. I've never thought that the flakes that had been haunting me for years could be banished with just Vaseline! A cheap product that I normally use for my feet! If you have similar problem and would like to try this, I wish you all the best.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I had suffered from chronic dry lips for many years. Vaseline did temporarily help but i hated wearing it. It was thick and heavy maybe thats why my lips never healed because lips couldnt breathe. Im using this snail serum now that cured it. Im glad im no slave to petroleum jelly anymore. lol

on 6/1/2014 12:55:00 AM

Well....I thought Vaseline was good for you, apparently Jennifer Aniston swears by it (outside of all the wonderful spa and face treatments probably). However after reading that it can actually completely clog your pores with God knows what, I use it only as an emergency eye cream if I run out of mine. What it does is create the illusion that the skin is softer, but in fact it is doing more harm than good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i'm on my second tub of this stuff and it's my Holy Grail!! i apply this onto my lashes and it makes them more darker and fuller. in fact, it even helps make my lashes longer when it's applied after surma. vaseline also hydrates my lips and gives it a shinier and softer look rather than applying lip gloss, which can suck moisture out of my lips. Super embarrasing, especially at school or any other public place! but it's the best thing ever created. the lotion is great, unfortunately i can't use it on my body. i suffer terrible reactions to it. it's suitable for my feet though both lotion and the jelly. i hope vaseline is still around during my generation and grandkids generation. :)

on 12/5/2011 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I was never a vaseline girl as I always think the product is too oily. Then, I devided to buy a jar on a whim because it was on sale at my local drug store. I thought I could still use it on my elbows and knees if all else fail. So far, I have tried many uses with this with different results.

Face:
I have oily/combination skin that is quite acne-prone. I am highly cautious about what products to put on my face. I have not tried to spread it all over yet but i have had success with it when dabbing it around the dry areas around my mouth after applying a night cream. I read a review here about sealing eyecream with this and I am willing to give it a try. It makes sense since Vaseline basically seals off all the moiture to make sure your skin absorbs it all. I also coated my lashes with vaseline a few times. I feel it is a bit too heavy and messy for me and my vision tends to be blurry because of this.

Lips:
I have always used Kielh's No.1 lip balm. I noticed that the main ingredient is patrolium jelly. Although it works well during the most months of the year, it is not enough for the harsh winter here. Lately, I start to experiment with different oils. I would dab my lips with sweet almond oil at night and top it up with some Vaseline. My lips are baby soft the next morning.

Hands/Nails/Cuticles:
I tried to apply it around my cuticles a few times at night. The problem here is that it cannot seem to be absorbed by my hand at all so it is quite messy. Same thing happens in general when I apply it on my hands. Unless i can cover them with gloves, otherwise, everywhere I touch has vaseline there.

I believe this one jar can last me a very long time if not forever. It is great for elbows, heels and knees but can get messy everywhere else. Still, it is a must-have in anyone's bathroom cabinet as it is cheap and versatile.

on 9/30/2010 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Many people like myself with over look Vaseline but it does have many uses! One of my fav ways to use it is when I'm coloring my hair. I always use black dye so it tends to stain my hairline. After application I will line my hairline with Vaseline so the color wont penetrate through my skin! Works everytime. I have used Vaseline for a mascara and it does work! Apply a light amount on your index finger and apply using an upward motion under lashes. You can even wiggle a little to get more dramatic. It's nice too because at night time just get a tissue and wipe off...no heavy black mess.

on 7/21/2010 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love Vaseline! I always have a tub by my nightstand! I use vaseline on my lashes to soften them and condition them, a little pea size amount as an eye cream, on cuts, for my lips, all over moisturizer, dead ends, on rough elbows and knees, on my feet before bed, lip base for bright lipsticks, on my cuticles, mixed with a kool aid packet for a fun lipgloss, microwave a chocolate chip and some vaseline and once solidified it is a choco gloss,bad acne moisturizer,apply before spraying perfume to make it last longer, mix with sea salts for a scrub, tough eye makeup remover, add to eyeshadow for a glossy look, apply to cheeks for dewy skin, rub some on sides of nails beofre painting for a beautiful manicure, to help put on earrings,get off lash glue, and pretty much anything else you could think of. whew! my hands hurt!