Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.7

White Petrolatum

on 11/14/2017 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I use this for my lips:)
How to use recommendations
1.put it on my lips
2.wrap and warm with steamed towel

If you don't own at least one tub of Vaseline you're missing out. This product is n effective multi-tasker for so many uses. I use Vaseline primarily for:

1. A soft highlight on cheekbones(can be mixed with a bit of shimmer powder if needed)
2. Clear Lip Gloss and balm
3. Making your own coloured lip glosses with the help of eyeshadow/blush
4. Making cream blush
5. Dry skin.. cracked heels, dry elbows, dry knees.
6. moisturizing eyelids
7. Making your eyelids shine with eyeshadow
8. Eye makeup remover
9. Eyelash overnight treatment
10. If you don't want to put on mascara you can use this to amp up and shape your eyelashes during the day
11. My boyfriend uses this to treat his boxing gloves...
12. cuticles
13. I put a line down the center of the front of my legs for a nice contour when showing my legs in summer..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My lips have been so ridiculously dry lately, suddenly intractable to my usual Aquaphor, as well as a few different oils I have lying around, and I've come back to this in my desperation. Petroleum jelly is a skin protectant, which means that it creates a barrier to keep moisture in rather than contributing moisture per se. To use, I wet my lips, rub them together briefly, and then apply a thickish layer of petroleum jelly. It's especially effective overnight and just before and after my shower.

For me, this is also the best natural lool lip gloss there is. My lips are naturally very pigmented, so a thicker coat of petroleum jelly washes them out to a lighter pink, with a slightly glossy, dewy finish. A thinner coat is the most, well...dewy, natural looking clear gloss ever.

Beyond even all that goodness, I also use a small amount as eye cream, again while my skin is still damp just after showering. Too much of it makes my eye base and concealer slide around, so I use just a dab per eye, about half a chocolate chip's worth.

on 7/15/2016 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I think Vaseline is my newest obsession. In the past I would try and find the perfect moisturizer - nothing was good all year round- I would have to buy one just for summer, one just for winter. Vaseline is perfect for all year round. Of course during the summer you may have to apply less than winter, but I use it right after I wash my face and after I take a shower. I apply it almost immediately after drying. I think that it prevents my face from wrinkles and fine lines. At first I thought it felt heavy but the more you use, your skin gets used to it and absorbs right in. The key to foundation is to apply the powder right after too. I've been using it on my feet too and noticed improvement.

It's become a substitution for any moisturizer I've ever owned.

on 5/25/2016 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My god it actually pains me to write this, but this stuff is kind of awesome. It's a great night time eye treatment; great for my super dry lips and hands. And for my so dry they're itching and cracking feet it's a legit miracle. But ugh. It's petroleum jelly and it smells faintly of crude oil and it's not remotely cruelty free but it's still awesome and only $4 for a big tub and I'm sure I'll keep using it despite all that.

on 2/4/2016 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I buy this in a tube. This is HG for life! I use it under my eyes and only just a tiny dot of it. I use it when I get a dry patch on my face. (On damp skin after I wash my face.) It seals in moisture, does not trap heat in, and does not break me out. I have rosacean, sometimes dry, sometimes breakout prone skin and this has never done anything but help fix my problems. Granted, I do not slather it all over my face so I don't know how it works as an all over facial moisturizer. I would be open to using it all over my face though. It's also good for dry feet. Petroleum jelly gets alot of hate from people I know but it works amazingly well for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

It's Vaseline. Yep, Vaseline. Not much else to say about the formulation given that the one and only ingredient is petroleum jelly. No scent, and a huge tub is dirt cheap. Fortunately, it has tons of uses. I use it nightly as a lip balm, and always, always wake up with smooth, moisturized lips. I also use it as an occlusive over regular hand creams at night to prevent or soothe really dry, cracked hands. I wash my hands a zillion times a day because I'm my bedbound mom's caregiver and have a clinical volunteer job as part of my pre-nursing studies, and this is the one thing that can treat my scaly lizard hands. Speaking of being a nursing student: this is NOT carcinogenic. At all. It also doesn't clog my pores at all, although of course YMMV.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So hydrating and has so many different uses. It can be used for lips (the obvious one) and works great to repair any damage. I also use it mixed with almond oil on my under eyes and it hydrates and really helps keep it soft.

on 12/11/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have super oily, acne-prone, clog-prone, sensitive and very flaky skin. I think the flakes come from my anti aging skincare (retinol, peptides etc) and acne medication (BP, AHA/BHA).

Do you know how annoying it is to have flaky skin? No foundation looks good after a few hours and I'm so tired finding ways to keep my face smooth. I've tried oil cleansing, microfiber cloths, emollient moisturizers on top, hyaluronic toner, switching foundations, methods of application, sunblock and powder but nothing really works. Then I stumbled into people's testimonies in MUA about using Vaseline on face. Initially of course I was scared. Acnes have been my number one enemy since puberty and I've had disasters trying on different stuff on my face. Then one night I took the plunge. I don't know why, I can only say I go bananas time to time. After using night serum and let it sink, I use Vaseline mixed with a bit of water on top and after 30 minutes pat with tissue.

And in the morning I had the surprise of my life. No redness, no extra zits, no flakes when I put on my make up! My skin seemed very calm, soft, plump and serene. A fluke? You know how sometimes you are good with a product then BAMMMM here comes the pizza. So I kept on using it almost every night on top of whatever skincare on my rotation, examining my skin obsessively every morning to notice any negative effects... and ladies, it's been months and I've never found a reason to stop using Vaseline on face. I find it non clogging and it provides a barrier for my skin against the world, creating a safe oasis that does not disturb my acne monster. I have neither flakes nor redness.

I am aware about the debate on petrolatum and I am firmly on the camp that believes it is not poisonous. However, I do believe that skincare is a very individual thing. Just because it's safe it doesn't mean it's for everyone. My point is that this works wonderfully for me. I've never thought that the flakes that had been haunting me for years could be banished with just Vaseline! A cheap product that I normally use for my feet! If you have similar problem and would like to try this, I wish you all the best.

on 12/5/2014 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love using this stuff for under my eyes over night so moisturizing and gentle a little goes along the way.