Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Petroleum Jelly

4.5

White Petrolatum

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Plain ol' classic VASELINE. I use it mainly on my feet and cuticles before bedtime or [gasp] on my nose when it's chafed from blowing it too much when I have a cold. Cheap, and classic. Never fails.

on 8/8/2008 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Thanks to the reviewer right below me, I now have awesome lashes! I'm not actually sure if my lashes have actually lengthened, or just got more "flexible" therefore easier to curl and therefore looking longer. Anyways, I love my lashes now. They look a lot longer and are a lot softer even after putting on mascara. Vaseline + shisiedo eyelash curler + lash blast + lash exact = amazing eyelashes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this on my lips every night before I go to sleep. I also like to put this on dry spots on my skin, especially when it is a little sensitive.

on 2/22/2010 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

LIFE SAVER!! the only product i can put on chapped nose (from constant sneezing/blowing my nose from kleenex), wax burns, chapped lips/wind burns, take off makeup, treat cuticles, put it on heels...endless uses!! It should be in every girl's aresenal.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I haven't bought this product in a while. After reading the reviews here I remembered it's many benefits again. Will definitely by it in the near future. Thanks for reminding me!

on 2/21/2014 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A cheapie but goodie. You can use this on your lips skin and more. Always have a tub with me. I put on soaking wet skin when I get out of the shower. If feels nasty a first but let a sit for a minute then put your night clothes on the next morning my skin is crazy soft.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use it on my lips. I use it on very dry hands. I use it to help cuts heal quicker. I use it to reduce the pain of hangnails. I use it to remove eye makeup sometimes. I use it on cracked heels. It really is an essential product.

on 11/4/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I use this when I color my eyelashes, it works and it dosent irritate my skin :-)

on 2/22/2015 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily, dehydrated, reactive skin from hell that is also highly clog prone. I have literally tried just about everything to keep my skin under control, but it'll never be 100%. While I have found my staple cleanser and treatments, finding a moisturizer has always been a gigantic thorn in my side. Even the most plain, benign products such as Sebamed's Care Gel will work for a while and then start causing issues. Enter my new friend Vaseline. I put this only on my dry spots which are around my mouth, nose, and eyes. After cleansing I simply rub a little bit between my fingers and smooth it on - boom, no more dryness and the rest of my face can just deal with itself. Best of all I've had no clogging or sensitivity and the tiny amount I use sinks in without leaving an oily residue. I'll be sticking with this for a long time I believe and highly recommend trying it if you're as frustrated as I've been.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This tiny tub kicked the crap out of me. I only used this ONCE and my face turned into a raging mess. I picked this up based on recs to lock in moisture for winter dehydrated skin. At night, I preformed my same old skincare routine but topped it off with a very thin layer of vaseline. I went to bed looking like Brutus from Popeye. Big ol greasy face. I woke up with pretty smooth looking skin. I just rinsed my face quickly with lukewarm water and applied my usual spf and moisturizer. I put on my ususal foundation and nope...bye. Skin looked so weathered! I looked like I was lost at sea for months. How can this be? Also, it immediatley caused a large breakout all along my jaw line and chin. However, no clogs probably because this was a one time use. I sit here now with a peel on my face trying to burn away the sins of the jelly. Overall, I am very reactive to products so I wasn't too surprised that this didn't work for me. However, many women for many years swear by this so it is worth checking out.