Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.5

White Petrolatum

on 5/16/2017 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this. Multiple uses, esp. when cuticles or heels are extremely rough at night with socks. I use 100% Shea butter or cerave cream to maintain heels and cuticles once they recover. For face, I usually prefer aquaphor because it absorbs a bit faster and is (a bit) more matte, less greasy, when applied sparingly. (The difference between aquaphor and Vaseline is that aquaphor contains panthenol which aids in absorption into the skin. Aquaphor also contains ingredients that speed healing). But, Vaseline is ideal for acting as a barrier to keep moisture in and germs out. I think there is definitely room for both in the medicine cabinet. Sometimes I layer Vaseline with lansinoh lanolin for lips. ( lanolin is classified as an emollient, aquaphor a semi-occlusive; Vaseline as an occlusive). I think kiehl's lip balm one is a mix of petroleum and lanolin, but it travels more on the lips and doesn't last as long. . .

on 1/1/2017 3:28:00 PM

It's a must have for every household. I have a huge jar of this by my bed because I have dry hands and lips so I put some on before I sleep. Day after, I have smooth hands and lips. I also carry a small jar in my purse for the same reason and I also use this as a lip balm before I put on any lipstick. Would highly recommend this because it's one of those overall great multipurpose products you've got to bring with you.

on 11/12/2016 1:11:00 PM

NOTHING CAN BEAT THIS! It's my go-to lip treatment in this winter. My lips have never been this dry and chapped before so i even scrubbed it everyday like crazy just to see if it could not-get-chapped-just-for-one-day, but hell no, and i also felt like no lipbalm could cure my terrible lips. Nuxe, beeswax, lanolin, nothing worked. I became hopeless so i just grabbed vaseline and put it randomly on my lips. And it worked like miracles! It melted and slided on my lips like butter, and it keep my lips moistured for all day long and even made they look soft and a little bit rosy-coloured which is a healthy sign of lip. I didn't have to reapply it during daytime, once is just enough! About worries around lip darkening effect, petrolium DOES make skin absorb UVB more quickly, so it's better to apply this at night or just make sure to apply it under a SPF-contained lipstick. ❤️

This stuff is magical I use it throughout the winter it works as a barrier between your skin and makeup and it gives you a flawless dewy finish Marilyn Monroe loved it as well so.... Gotte be good for something right? Haha

This is a real gem, but the trick is to use it sparingly. After applying your moisturizer, take a pea size and rub it in your palms, then just dab it over your face. Your skin will feel real soft the next day. I also like to apply a thick layer on my dry lips. The only downside is it feels sticky.

I like to use it with diluted glycerin. Give it a try!

on 3/16/2015 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Mom was right again! Vaseline at night as a face cream works amazingly. I wake up with softer and more even skin. Of course I had to go off and try expensive face creams that all left me with acne and redness...but I'm now crawling back to this. It's cheap, multi-purpose and fragrance/irritant free. Try not to buy the generic (store) brand as they often contain extra ingredients and fragrance.

Lemme tell you about some of Vaseline's amazing usages. It's a moisturizer, a makeup remover, an eyelash conditioner, a lip balm, a great foot exfoliation finisher, and to keep your manicure cleanup simple you can rub some of this stuff around your nails before you start painting! Amazing!

everybody loves this.

be real, everybody loves this. a very good lip balm for my skin, i use it everytime and as a base of lip treatment/product i use.

here my story:
so i find myself always struggle with lip problem, it was flaky and dry all the time. everything i tried. name a brand of lip balm. and it didnt work out for me, the only was quite good is nivea lip balm that comes on green tube (i forgot the name). and then when it was runs out, i found it nowhere and i think it is discontinued on my country. so i am sad and grieving for my lips. i tried to go to my doctor but the lip treatment that they gave me not so good.
actually, i heard so many times about vaseline, but i never try it because it is not specifically stated for lip. and then i give it a try.........DAAAAAAMMMMNNN!!! i hope i started to use vaseline sooner, on my early teenage when my lip was on the worst.
vaseline gives me plump and healthy and smooth and kissable, name it!
i tried burt's bees ones, but it is gives me a flaky and hurt my lip so i comeback to this vaseline and this is like my holygrail. it is even beat the most organic thing ever, the burt's bees!!

i read so many times about vaseline that no good for ur skin blahblah, so i will try to expalin in a easy way. vaseline is petroleum jelly, which is the purest thing from crude oil. do not imagining crude oil as the one you use for gases. crude oil is more than that, it is the form of oil that extracted from deep ocean, deep wells on dessert. long story short, it is organic and nature made it.
so give vaseline a toast!

on 12/12/2014 3:50:00 AM

Truly disgusting to use on skin, especially on facial skin! I can't stand it even on my hands or feet!
The first time I applied it on my face, few years back, it clogged my pores in hours and gave me pimples and deep cysts in places I would never have them. Also made my skin feel very uncomfortable as in red and dry patches on my cheek bones and a greasy shiny look. Bleah.
It was the only time I used it on my face. When I used on my lips, they ended up being dry and they were peeling.
I then used it on my hands and feet but I just couldn't get over the disgusting feeling even if I applied it at night.
I now use it to give my shoes a nice shine and protect them from the water or snow. I also use it for the squeeky hinges.

on 12/11/2014 4:52:00 AM

I have fair skin and when it is cold and dry this is great for getting rid of red rashes. It calms my dry, irritated winter skin.