Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Petroleum Jelly

4.5

White Petrolatum

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm almost done with my 100ml jar. I use it mostly to moisturize my lips, under my eyes before MU application, as a hand cream when I'm outside and sometimes foot moisturizer. It is fantastic, my lips are always soft and stopped peeling, no need to exfoliate anymore. Probably the biggest trick that made this 1£ product a HG to me is how it resolved my worst MU problem that is under eye creasing. Whatever concealer I try / powder / eye cream, creasing is always a huge problem UNTIL I applied vaseline once before my concealer and didn't powder. MIRACLE ! My concealer stayed put and smooth ALL DAY without creasing. I only tap a tiny bit and it's enough.

Good for rubbing on elbows but really bad for under eye area. I was using it for a month to keep my under eyes moisturized. It didn't cause any milia but I'm attributing this to the dark circles and hollows I started getting while using.

on 5/16/2017 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this. Multiple uses, esp. when cuticles or heels are extremely rough at night with socks. I use 100% Shea butter or cerave cream to maintain heels and cuticles once they recover. For face, I usually prefer aquaphor because it absorbs a bit faster and is (a bit) more matte, less greasy, when applied sparingly. (The difference between aquaphor and Vaseline is that aquaphor contains panthenol which aids in absorption into the skin. Aquaphor also contains ingredients that speed healing). But, Vaseline is ideal for acting as a barrier to keep moisture in and germs out. I think there is definitely room for both in the medicine cabinet. Sometimes I layer Vaseline with lansinoh lanolin for lips. ( lanolin is classified as an emollient, aquaphor a semi-occlusive; Vaseline as an occlusive). I think kiehl's lip balm one is a mix of petroleum and lanolin, but it travels more on the lips and doesn't last as long. . .

on 3/17/2017 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Affordable, available at most stores and moisturizing. I even use this on my body and over treatments.

on 1/1/2017 3:28:00 PM

It's a must have for every household. I have a huge jar of this by my bed because I have dry hands and lips so I put some on before I sleep. Day after, I have smooth hands and lips. I also carry a small jar in my purse for the same reason and I also use this as a lip balm before I put on any lipstick. Would highly recommend this because it's one of those overall great multipurpose products you've got to bring with you.

on 11/12/2016 1:11:00 PM

NOTHING CAN BEAT THIS! It's my go-to lip treatment in this winter. My lips have never been this dry and chapped before so i even scrubbed it everyday like crazy just to see if it could not-get-chapped-just-for-one-day, but hell no, and i also felt like no lipbalm could cure my terrible lips. Nuxe, beeswax, lanolin, nothing worked. I became hopeless so i just grabbed vaseline and put it randomly on my lips. And it worked like miracles! It melted and slided on my lips like butter, and it keep my lips moistured for all day long and even made they look soft and a little bit rosy-coloured which is a healthy sign of lip. I didn't have to reapply it during daytime, once is just enough! About worries around lip darkening effect, petrolium DOES make skin absorb UVB more quickly, so it's better to apply this at night or just make sure to apply it under a SPF-contained lipstick. ❤️

This stuff is magical I use it throughout the winter it works as a barrier between your skin and makeup and it gives you a flawless dewy finish Marilyn Monroe loved it as well so.... Gotte be good for something right? Haha

This is a real gem, but the trick is to use it sparingly. After applying your moisturizer, take a pea size and rub it in your palms, then just dab it over your face. Your skin will feel real soft the next day. I also like to apply a thick layer on my dry lips. The only downside is it feels sticky.

I like to use it with diluted glycerin. Give it a try!

on 3/16/2015 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Mom was right again! Vaseline at night as a face cream works amazingly. I wake up with softer and more even skin. Of course I had to go off and try expensive face creams that all left me with acne and redness...but I'm now crawling back to this. It's cheap, multi-purpose and fragrance/irritant free. Try not to buy the generic (store) brand as they often contain extra ingredients and fragrance.

Lemme tell you about some of Vaseline's amazing usages. It's a moisturizer, a makeup remover, an eyelash conditioner, a lip balm, a great foot exfoliation finisher, and to keep your manicure cleanup simple you can rub some of this stuff around your nails before you start painting! Amazing!