Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Petroleum Jelly

4.3

White Petrolatum

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Don't use this on my skin but rather more traditionally for my lips and recently eyelashes! Has really helped condition them and I have noticed a significant difference in their length when I apply mascara, I rarely reach for my falsies now! Whenever I'm going to sleep or not wearing makeup I'll rub some across my lips then on my lashes, wouldn't be without this staple product!

on 3/6/2015 4:05:00 AM

Amazing product! This has an infinite amount of uses, from eyelash conditioner, to lip balm, moisturizer, mix with lipstick for a cream blush, eye cream in a pinch, i even use it as a highlight on my cheek bones! I buy this time and time again it's just one of the most useful things I've ever seen.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I really don't like Vaseline mainly because of the harsh petroleum smell but also because as a lip balm I find it only works as a quick fix and after it is soaked in, my lips actually feel more dry than they did in the first place.

I am writing this review to help anyone who may have the same problem - I have a solution!

Although it is becoming increasingly popular in the beauty world, I have found that a lot of my friends haven't ever heard of this product. If you have dry lips and find that no lip balm really solves this problem please, please consider Reve de Miel by Nuxe !!

It is pretty pricey for a lip balm but not extortionate and I promise you, it really works.

on 11/15/2014 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product has become my HG it's done wonders for me. My lips were terrible for a very very very long time. I bought lipsticks but wouldn't use em cuz of how they'd look on my horrible lips, it was so embarrassing I didn't want to talk to people cuz I didn't want em to notice my overly dry peeling horrible lips. I read a lot of articles on exfoliating your lips and blah blah nothing worked. Anyways I got this and it cleared my lips in 2 days. 2 DAYS!!! I so very felt foolish for having not tried it sooner and going through all that. Now I use it every day I sleep with this thing on my bed. My lips are super smooth and soft. I love it. You don't need to pack it on a little will do just fine. The packaging doesn't bother me I keep it and my hands clean and I don't share cuz my face and lips quickly react to things. I keep a big size for my friends and family who wanna use it but keep the tiny one for myself only.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I had suffered from chronic dry lips for many years. Vaseline did temporarily help but i hated wearing it. It was thick and heavy maybe thats why my lips never healed because lips couldnt breathe. Im using this snail serum now that cured it. Im glad im no slave to petroleum jelly anymore. lol

on 2/22/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Soooooo good!!! My favourite thing to use on my lips!! It's also good to use on your cheeks, nose and chin if you live in a cold climate like I do (Canadian Prairies) and are spending the day out in the cold it protects your skin against frost bite. LOVE Vaseline.

Perfect for overnight healing of face and body. It may be thick and heavy but if you're just staying in without makeup, it's great. It does not upset my skin. In fact, I had a pimple last night and this morning, it's clearing up. I use the original and cocoa butter versions. The original has no fragrance; the butter is sweet and slightly vanilla. For optimum results, use the actual Vaseline brand. It's pure. The only downside, which really isn't bad, would be the jar because you have to have clean hands before reaching inside. That said, my mom keeps asking what I use. She always compliments my skin, and she wouldn't do that if I looked bad. Trust me. :) EDIT: Been using for months, and in hard, cold weather, you actually can use under makeup if you let it set for a bit. My skin is soft, not greasy, no huge pores, smooth and very happy. You don't need a lot, even on arms and legs. The talk about petrolatum being bad for you is wrong, IMO. Just from using it, I can see improvement. I don't have skin problems but I still consider this pretty benign. Enjoy!

I don't know if it makes me break out because I am still going through puberty. But It makes my eyelashes thicker and longer. It makes my hair softer because I have Kninky Hair. It also gets out makeup and makes my lips softer. Instead of this for moisterizer I would use olive oil because it doesnt break me out. I give this a four because if you put it on a pimple it gets rid of the color. Put on toothpaste first then put vaseline or olive oil on to soften it then sleep and put concealer on POOF GONE!!!!!
DIRT CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really didnt like this. I used it to protect my hairline from getting stained from my black hair dye, and it made me breakout really bad, and quick. Will not be using this again.

on 6/6/2010 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love Vaseline! Used too, I applied Vaseline on my lashes and on my lash line every night before I went to sleep. My lashes grew, but barely.

Plus Vaseline is great for making ghetto lip gloss!Just take some eyeshadow (preferably loose eyeshadow) and some Vaseline. Stir the two together until well blended. Then apply it to your lips, and ta-daa! Homemade Lipgloss!

The best part about that is you can mix and match different shades until you find the one that works best for you. Also, if you stir loose face powder around with the Vaseline and eyeshadow pigments, I've found that it stays on better and can actually lighten up the colors a bit.

And as we all know, Vaseline makes a great wiener wetter ;)

As for lips (the ones on your face), Vaseline is a great ultra cheap alternative for a lip moisturizer! Apply it to your lips and then after awhile, your lips are well nourished!

Hope this helps!