Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Price: $

White Petrolatum

on 10/13/2004 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This reliable cheap pot of petroleum jelly is one of the best moisturizers ive found. It's perfect for my dry and sensitive skin. Not only is it cheap, but it can be mixed with foundation for a glowing complexion, mix with lipstick for glossy lips, use as a lip-balm, turn powder eyeshadow sheer, apply to eyelashes for a hint of gloss or eyebrows to shape them!.....In a recent review, i heard that a lot of models slather some of this over their face before bed to keep the skin nice and clear.....i totally agree!!..this stuff is great! what more can you ask for?

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Its a good eyemakeup remover. And if you put a little bit on your eyelashes before you put on your mascara (not a lot!) it makes them look softer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

DO NOT use this on your eyes as a makeup remover!!! I tried this as per instructed on a tub of generic petroleum jelly and it gave me a big fat stye! RUN!

I love this stuff for dry lips!! I use it after I exfoliate my lips to keep them smooth and soft =) I've tried it as an eye makeup remover but it didn't work too well -- it was too greasy and left a film on my lids that had to be washed away with cleanser.

on 4/1/2008 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i have like three different versions of this thing: coco butter, baby, and regular. they are incredible! I put it on my face everyday at night and have clear skin. I never really ever had a pimple. =] Awsome!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well I never thought I'd be looking up Vaseline reviews, let alone writing one myself. But here I am! Over the past several days, I was using RoC Deep Wrinkle treatment with Retinol, both the face and eye version. Well it appears I may be one of those that reacts badly to retinol, as after about 3 days, the skin around my eyes was burned...red, itching, irritated, peeling and anything I put on to try and soothe it made the pain worse. Tonight, I dabbed on gently some Vaseline...and I am singing it's praises. This is the best my eyes have felt in days. Good ol' Vaseline!!

I am a advid user of Vaseline and I use it in the shower all over my body and my skin does not dry out expecially in the hot summer months. I have read in a women's magazine that a top Dermatologist stated that Vaseline is the best mositurizer in the world. This is a natural product. Don't believe me!! Ask a pharmacists :)

Schmittens

on 2/10/2009 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ah sheesh, where to start oh my .. I've used it for so many years and for so many reasons (some you're not "supposed" to use it for), it heals scrapes, carpet burns, helps soothe the burn and pain of your nostril area during a horrible cold, in light uses I will run some between my palms and run it over my hair to get rid of static electricity, I do use it on my face but not in gob form, it is a fabulous overnight eyelash conditioner and if you want a natural, glossy look, blot the remainder from the night before, use a metal comb with an eyelash curler and you're beautiful (just use powder products elsewhere), um, there are certain personal ailments this is great for and I won't go into all that but trust me, this stuff is amazing. The more I use it, the more I find additional reasons I should have been using it in the first place.

on 2/10/2009 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use really heavy moisturizers because of my dry skin. I hated the feel. It was always heavy and made my forehead shine. Yeck. So I ran out of moisturizer and only had watery CVS store brand body lotion. You have to understand I HAVE to have moisturizer on my face. What's a girl to do?
I applied some of it. And did all of... nothing. In desperation I eyed my Vaseline. Why not? I put it on my cuticles.
I put it all over my face. =( It was rather heavy handed of me. But it worked. Now though, I think I've perfected the application.

I put it on after I apply my moisturizer. I dip some on my finger and smoosh it a little on my hand to warm it up then apply to my face. Just in spots though, like under my lip, on the apples of my cheeks, and around my eyes (a REALLY small amount on my eyelids). I find that it works extremely well. It gives my eyes a sort of dewy look and doesn't make my eye makeup run.Yeah really. It doesn't run. How illogical is that? Although I always prime with UDPP.

Anyways Vaseline... great stuff! And no it doesn't give you cancer or make hair grow on your face. Crazy people and rumors... honestly.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just cannot live without Vaseline. I can't sleep if I don't put it on my lips. Really, no matter how tired I am, I end up getting up, and heading for the bathroom, where I keep my huge jar of Vaseline. Also, there are some days (like Sundays), when I don't want to wear makeup, I think I should let my face "rest", but I don't want to look scary either, so I curl my lashes and apply Vaseline on them, and it looks really good. Love it, love it.