Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.8

White Petrolatum

on 12/16/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Vaseline is my miracle worker, I use it after I wash my face as my nightime moisturiser, and in the morning my face is soft and much clearer, it helps redness fade like magic. The money I've spent on moisturisers is ridiculous, this cost me £2 for a huge tub which will last months. Can't live without it

on 2/5/2015 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Vaseline has saved my skin. I had a bad allergic reaction to Paula's Choice resist retinol serum which left my skin dry, with red patches en deep lines around my eyes. The only thing that calmed it down was good old vaseline. Because my face kept feeling hot in the evening and night, despite the dry areas having improved and the lines having virtually disappeared, I went to the doctor after about a week and he prescribed me cetomacrogol cream, but even that seemed to make the red areas flare up again. I just had to trust my own skin's reactions in the end and stick to vaseline.

Vaseline is EXCELLENT. I have used it on my eyelashes for years, and I have very thick, long, dark eyelashes. Also, when applied to your lashes, they provide a reflective glow to your eyes, making your eyes sparkle. Your eyes will look glassy and beaming. I also love using Vaseline on my lips. They make my lips so soft and supple. At nights I take Vaseline, put it on my lips, and then scrub them with a hot washcloth. This will exfoliate your lips and make them plump.
Vaseline has so many great uses. It is a product for every household.

on 5/7/2009 4:06:00 PM

Regarding previous reviews of Vaseline: Thanks for all the great tips for using this fabulous product! Here's mine: I keep a giant square jar of petroleum jelly on my nightstand, mix some of it with my hand lotion, and massage it into hands, elbows, cuticles, etc. before going to bed. It seems to make the lotion work better and give it staying power. For added cheapness, I don't buy the brand name as I find store brands work just as well!
EDIT: I would buy this again, but only for my lips. I now use Crisco (actually the store brand) and am now experimenting with coconut oil for the things I used to use petroleum jelly for. I feel the shortening is more natural and environmentally friendly than Vaseline, and it works just as well for everything except lips. I keep a pot of of Crisco in the drawer of my bedside table, just like I used to do with petroleum jelly, and I mix it with my hand cream and use as above. I'm happy with the switch.

I always have this around. It works and it's cheap and it doesn't clog pores. Pretty much same as Aquaphor but much cheaper. I use both.

on 11/22/2005 6:00:00 PM

A staple with me from the time I was a baby. I use it to remove eye makeup, moisturize dry spots anywhere (yes, that includes the face without any breakouts!) This is a universally useful product that costs practically nada!