Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum

I just bought my first tub of Vaseline today because of this list I found online , Ill be trying all of them <3 cant wait and its sooo darn cheap to which makes it even better

1. Put a coat on your eyelashes before you go to bed. Lots of people swear by this - and say it will make your lashes grow longer and thicker over time.

2. Put a coat of Vaseline on your feet at night, cover them with socks and wake up to softer feet - every day!

3. Put Vaseline on your elbows every day - they will stay soft!

4. Put Vaseline on your cuticles several times a day for softer and better looking cuticles every day.

5. Put Vaseline on chapped lips

6. Use Vaseline as lip gloss

7. Mix a little Vaseline with a little Kool-Aid powder and make a colored and flavored lip gloss!

8. Melt Vaseline and one chocolate chip in the microwave, mix and let resolidify for chocolate lip gloss!

9. Maintains perfume scent longer when applied at perfume points before spritzing the perfume.

10. Can be used as a moisturizer for acne sufferers (it is a misconception that it clogs pores)

11. Moisturizes severe dry skin

12. Use Vaseline on your knees to prevent that dry, ashy look

13. Mix with sea salts to make a scrub!

14. Applying Vaseline on your teeth prevents lips from sticking to teeth for celebrities and contestants in beauty pageants who smile a lot

15. Applied on teeth before applying lipstick prevents lipstick from sticking on them

16. Massage, baby!

34. Reduces scaling and itching associated with dandruff

35. Theraputic when applied to lesions caused by poison ivy

36. Can help improve condition of those with atopic eczema

37. Helps heal and protect new tattoos

38. Can protect against harmful hair dyeing, perming and straightening chemicals when used as a mask around the hairline

39. Use a tiny dab to put a quick shine on your shoes and bags

40. Smear a tiny bit on your hands and scrunch through your hair for a choppy look

41. Use just a touch on the ends of your hair to hide dry and split ends

42. Remove makeup stains from clothing

43. Rub Vaseline on the neck of your nail polish bottles and they won’t get stuck to the caps

44. Make your week old nail polish look new again - rub a small dab over the polish.

45. Use a touch of Vaseline mixed with powder eyeshadow pigment to make new colors, or a more solid eyeshadow that won’t get all over your face when you put it on.

46. Stretch your favorite lotion by mixing it with Vaseline.

47. Put Vaseline on your lips, leave it a few minutes, then scrub your lips with a toothbrush to exfoliate and leave them SO smooth

48. Remove false eyelash glue from your lash line

49. Apply a small amount on dry spots on your body before fake tanning lotions are applied, and prevent uneven tanning!

50. Generously apply Vaseline all over before taking flights to combat associated dryness

And just for fun, this one is totally not beauty related, but VERY timely - here is #51:

Once you carve your Halloween pumpkin, rub Vaseline on the exposed edges. it keeps it from rotting or going dry.

on 12/11/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have super oily, acne-prone, clog-prone, sensitive and very flaky skin. I think the flakes come from my anti aging skincare (retinol, peptides etc) and acne medication (BP, AHA/BHA).

Do you know how annoying it is to have flaky skin? No foundation looks good after a few hours and I'm so tired finding ways to keep my face smooth. I've tried oil cleansing, microfiber cloths, emollient moisturizers on top, hyaluronic toner, switching foundations, methods of application, sunblock and powder but nothing really works. Then I stumbled into people's testimonies in MUA about using Vaseline on face. Initially of course I was scared. Acnes have been my number one enemy since puberty and I've had disasters trying on different stuff on my face. Then one night I took the plunge. I don't know why, I can only say I go bananas time to time. After using night serum and let it sink, I use Vaseline mixed with a bit of water on top and after 30 minutes pat with tissue.

And in the morning I had the surprise of my life. No redness, no extra zits, no flakes when I put on my make up! My skin seemed very calm, soft, plump and serene. A fluke? You know how sometimes you are good with a product then BAMMMM here comes the pizza. So I kept on using it almost every night on top of whatever skincare on my rotation, examining my skin obsessively every morning to notice any negative effects... and ladies, it's been months and I've never found a reason to stop using Vaseline on face. I find it non clogging and it provides a barrier for my skin against the world, creating a safe oasis that does not disturb my acne monster. I have neither flakes nor redness.

I am aware about the debate on petrolatum and I am firmly on the camp that believes it is not poisonous. However, I do believe that skincare is a very individual thing. Just because it's safe it doesn't mean it's for everyone. My point is that this works wonderfully for me. I've never thought that the flakes that had been haunting me for years could be banished with just Vaseline! A cheap product that I normally use for my feet! If you have similar problem and would like to try this, I wish you all the best.

on 1/22/2017 9:50:00 AM

I don't know why I ever stopped using this, I recently bought a tub of it after not using it for years, I forgot how great it is for dry skin and lips, I smother my face in it and really rub it in and my skin looks and feels great, I even notice fine lines around my eyes are reduced.

I read in a makeup book by Lisa Eldridge that Alan Snyder (Whitey - Marilyn Monroes makeup artist) said that Marilyn would coat her face in petroleum jelly to use it as a base for her foundation as it gives a really natural looking 'youth glow' and a soft focused look, I tried it out and it does really work, my skin looked great and really youthful.

on 7/21/2010 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love Vaseline! I always have a tub by my nightstand! I use vaseline on my lashes to soften them and condition them, a little pea size amount as an eye cream, on cuts, for my lips, all over moisturizer, dead ends, on rough elbows and knees, on my feet before bed, lip base for bright lipsticks, on my cuticles, mixed with a kool aid packet for a fun lipgloss, microwave a chocolate chip and some vaseline and once solidified it is a choco gloss,bad acne moisturizer,apply before spraying perfume to make it last longer, mix with sea salts for a scrub, tough eye makeup remover, add to eyeshadow for a glossy look, apply to cheeks for dewy skin, rub some on sides of nails beofre painting for a beautiful manicure, to help put on earrings,get off lash glue, and pretty much anything else you could think of. whew! my hands hurt!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Besides all our favorite uses for Vaseline- I found a new trick and had to SHARE! I learned from Allthatglitters on youtube that she puts vaseline on her feet before putting on high heels and it prevents blistering!

As a heel-aholic, I had to try this out. It totally works! I started putting vaseline on the back of my ankles, sides of my feet or anywhere your shoes would start hurting towards the end of the night. NO soreness or blisters!

Try it! :)

on 1/1/2017 3:28:00 PM

It's a must have for every household. I have a huge jar of this by my bed because I have dry hands and lips so I put some on before I sleep. Day after, I have smooth hands and lips. I also carry a small jar in my purse for the same reason and I also use this as a lip balm before I put on any lipstick. Would highly recommend this because it's one of those overall great multipurpose products you've got to bring with you.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love ittt always and forever..I have acne prone skin and it actually heals my.skin and scars faster. I apply it over natural products or after splashing my face with water to seal the moisture. not good as a moisturizer before makeup!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use Vaseline for
1] moisturising lips
2] putting around lashes before bed to wake up to longer and healthier looking lashes
3] getting rid of stubborn eye make up like mascara, just with fingers, no cotton needed
4] moisturising dry skin on face,body,dry cracked heels and dry nuckles
I could go on and on...

on 12/5/2011 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I was never a vaseline girl as I always think the product is too oily. Then, I devided to buy a jar on a whim because it was on sale at my local drug store. I thought I could still use it on my elbows and knees if all else fail. So far, I have tried many uses with this with different results.

Face:
I have oily/combination skin that is quite acne-prone. I am highly cautious about what products to put on my face. I have not tried to spread it all over yet but i have had success with it when dabbing it around the dry areas around my mouth after applying a night cream. I read a review here about sealing eyecream with this and I am willing to give it a try. It makes sense since Vaseline basically seals off all the moiture to make sure your skin absorbs it all. I also coated my lashes with vaseline a few times. I feel it is a bit too heavy and messy for me and my vision tends to be blurry because of this.

Lips:
I have always used Kielh's No.1 lip balm. I noticed that the main ingredient is patrolium jelly. Although it works well during the most months of the year, it is not enough for the harsh winter here. Lately, I start to experiment with different oils. I would dab my lips with sweet almond oil at night and top it up with some Vaseline. My lips are baby soft the next morning.

Hands/Nails/Cuticles:
I tried to apply it around my cuticles a few times at night. The problem here is that it cannot seem to be absorbed by my hand at all so it is quite messy. Same thing happens in general when I apply it on my hands. Unless i can cover them with gloves, otherwise, everywhere I touch has vaseline there.

I believe this one jar can last me a very long time if not forever. It is great for elbows, heels and knees but can get messy everywhere else. Still, it is a must-have in anyone's bathroom cabinet as it is cheap and versatile.

on 2/22/2010 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

LIFE SAVER!! the only product i can put on chapped nose (from constant sneezing/blowing my nose from kleenex), wax burns, chapped lips/wind burns, take off makeup, treat cuticles, put it on heels...endless uses!! It should be in every girl's aresenal.