Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.2

White Petrolatum

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I use this product under my eyes after applying my eye cream at night and have seen good results--smoother skin, fewer small wrinkles, etc.

However, I primarily use this product on the outer corners of my sensitive, weepy eyes. I find that the barest dab, tapped on before primer and makeup application, helps keep my eyes from watering and ruining my eye makeup all day.

on 12/16/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Vaseline is my miracle worker, I use it after I wash my face as my nightime moisturiser, and in the morning my face is soft and much clearer, it helps redness fade like magic. The money I've spent on moisturisers is ridiculous, this cost me £2 for a huge tub which will last months. Can't live without it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

It's Vaseline. Yep, Vaseline. Not much else to say about the formulation given that the one and only ingredient is petroleum jelly. No scent, and a huge tub is dirt cheap. Fortunately, it has tons of uses. I use it nightly as a lip balm, and always, always wake up with smooth, moisturized lips. I also use it as an occlusive over regular hand creams at night to prevent or soothe really dry, cracked hands. I wash my hands a zillion times a day because I'm my bedbound mom's caregiver and have a clinical volunteer job as part of my pre-nursing studies, and this is the one thing that can treat my scaly lizard hands. Speaking of being a nursing student: this is NOT carcinogenic. At all. It also doesn't clog my pores at all, although of course YMMV.

on 2/5/2015 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Vaseline has saved my skin. I had a bad allergic reaction to Paula's Choice resist retinol serum which left my skin dry, with red patches en deep lines around my eyes. The only thing that calmed it down was good old vaseline. Because my face kept feeling hot in the evening and night, despite the dry areas having improved and the lines having virtually disappeared, I went to the doctor after about a week and he prescribed me cetomacrogol cream, but even that seemed to make the red areas flare up again. I just had to trust my own skin's reactions in the end and stick to vaseline.

on 12/11/2014 4:52:00 AM

I have fair skin and when it is cold and dry this is great for getting rid of red rashes. It calms my dry, irritated winter skin.

on 12/3/2014 3:50:00 AM

Love, Love, Love Vaseline.

I use it as a lip gloss, I use it for dry, chapped lips. I used it on a babies toothbrush to brush my eyelashes to coat them and to ensure they aren't stuck together before I apply mascara. I use a tiny bit on my finger pads and do an eye massage, 30 circles going around one way, then 30 backwards, to firm my eyes and to help with dehydration. I use it as a hand massage. You can use this anywhere, everywhere. Just a brilliant product. Simple and cheap.

It is greasy, thick, etc a little goes a long way and the tub last forever. Also love there new range in a tin for lips only which has a colour tint.

Only down fall is if I use too much around my eyes I wake with puffy, baggy eyes, but that's only because I have silly, sensitive eyes. I know some people who coat their face in it, massage it in and leave it for 10 minutes. They have amazing skin. Tried it once, had a shiny, greasy face for days with spots but that's because I have silly skin.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

I used to used this for years & years. I used it to remove all of my eye makeup or as a lip gloss. Generally, Vaseline BRAND is regarded as highly refined, non-carcinogenic and safe, but many other knock off brands are not. Please exercise caution. After I started realizing what it is made of and what I am smearing onto my body which is accepted into my pores and possibly my blood stream, I decided the possible toxins & downside were not worth the risk. it's a byproduct of the oil industry and therefore an unsustainable resource (read: not eco-friendly). Like the reviewer below, I too switched to extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil. It's pure, doesn't smell bad at all and I can also use it on my hair ends before bed to make them soft and help smooth dry ends. Coco butter is another viable alternative. Here is an interesting article with some good food for thought: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/vaseline-petroleum-jelly_n_4136226.html
Cheers!

I've tried regular old vaseline on my heels & lips and...ugh...the smell is AW-FULLL! But...guess what? Petroleum! It's a derivative of oil refining! We are subjected to enough toxins in our daily lives, why put more on your body on purpose? I use extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil instead and it's sooo much better. I love the smell (and the taste) and it works really well for so many things: makeup remover, hair mask, lotion, cooking oil, on toast instead of butter...and it's really good for you. Just say NO to petroleum products!

Perfect for overnight healing of face and body. It may be thick and heavy but if you're just staying in without makeup, it's great. It does not upset my skin. In fact, I had a pimple last night and this morning, it's clearing up. I use the original and cocoa butter versions. The original has no fragrance; the butter is sweet and slightly vanilla. For optimum results, use the actual Vaseline brand. It's pure. The only downside, which really isn't bad, would be the jar because you have to have clean hands before reaching inside. That said, my mom keeps asking what I use. She always compliments my skin, and she wouldn't do that if I looked bad. Trust me. :) EDIT: Been using for months, and in hard, cold weather, you actually can use under makeup if you let it set for a bit. My skin is soft, not greasy, no huge pores, smooth and very happy. You don't need a lot, even on arms and legs. The talk about petrolatum being bad for you is wrong, IMO. Just from using it, I can see improvement. I don't have skin problems but I still consider this pretty benign. Enjoy!

on 11/1/2011 12:23:00 PM

I used this as a makeup remover for YEARS, and for years I broke out, tried everything, nothing worked.

I stopped using vaseline to remove makeup, and the breakouts are GONE. I only get the occasional pimple when I am PMS'ed now. Never imagined it was the eye makeup remover I was using.