Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum

on 6/1/2014 12:55:00 AM

Well....I thought Vaseline was good for you, apparently Jennifer Aniston swears by it (outside of all the wonderful spa and face treatments probably). However after reading that it can actually completely clog your pores with God knows what, I use it only as an emergency eye cream if I run out of mine. What it does is create the illusion that the skin is softer, but in fact it is doing more harm than good.

on 12/5/2011 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I was never a vaseline girl as I always think the product is too oily. Then, I devided to buy a jar on a whim because it was on sale at my local drug store. I thought I could still use it on my elbows and knees if all else fail. So far, I have tried many uses with this with different results.

Face:
I have oily/combination skin that is quite acne-prone. I am highly cautious about what products to put on my face. I have not tried to spread it all over yet but i have had success with it when dabbing it around the dry areas around my mouth after applying a night cream. I read a review here about sealing eyecream with this and I am willing to give it a try. It makes sense since Vaseline basically seals off all the moiture to make sure your skin absorbs it all. I also coated my lashes with vaseline a few times. I feel it is a bit too heavy and messy for me and my vision tends to be blurry because of this.

Lips:
I have always used Kielh's No.1 lip balm. I noticed that the main ingredient is patrolium jelly. Although it works well during the most months of the year, it is not enough for the harsh winter here. Lately, I start to experiment with different oils. I would dab my lips with sweet almond oil at night and top it up with some Vaseline. My lips are baby soft the next morning.

Hands/Nails/Cuticles:
I tried to apply it around my cuticles a few times at night. The problem here is that it cannot seem to be absorbed by my hand at all so it is quite messy. Same thing happens in general when I apply it on my hands. Unless i can cover them with gloves, otherwise, everywhere I touch has vaseline there.

I believe this one jar can last me a very long time if not forever. It is great for elbows, heels and knees but can get messy everywhere else. Still, it is a must-have in anyone's bathroom cabinet as it is cheap and versatile.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use Vaseline for
1] moisturising lips
2] putting around lashes before bed to wake up to longer and healthier looking lashes
3] getting rid of stubborn eye make up like mascara, just with fingers, no cotton needed
4] moisturising dry skin on face,body,dry cracked heels and dry nuckles
12] easing in earrings when piercing is abou to close up
I could go on and on...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is a classic for a reason. Good for feet, face, lashes, elbows, makeup remover, and the list goes on. My favorite use if for the overdry skin one can get from acne meds. It helps with the flakes more than anything else I've tried. This is a makeup vanity staple and if you don't like it for one use you'll find a way to use it for something else (like making your own lip color). Dirt cheap, nothing to lose. Good Stuff.

I just bought my first tub of Vaseline today because of this list I found online , Ill be trying all of them <3 cant wait and its sooo darn cheap to which makes it even better

1. Put a coat on your eyelashes before you go to bed. Lots of people swear by this - and say it will make your lashes grow longer and thicker over time.

2. Put a coat of Vaseline on your feet at night, cover them with socks and wake up to softer feet - every day!

3. Put Vaseline on your elbows every day - they will stay soft!

4. Put Vaseline on your cuticles several times a day for softer and better looking cuticles every day.

5. Put Vaseline on chapped lips

6. Use Vaseline as lip gloss

7. Mix a little Vaseline with a little Kool-Aid powder and make a colored and flavored lip gloss!

8. Melt Vaseline and one chocolate chip in the microwave, mix and let resolidify for chocolate lip gloss!

9. Maintains perfume scent longer when applied at perfume points before spritzing the perfume.

10. Can be used as a moisturizer for acne sufferers (it is a misconception that it clogs pores)

11. Moisturizes severe dry skin

12. Use Vaseline on your knees to prevent that dry, ashy look

13. Mix with sea salts to make a scrub!

14. Applying Vaseline on your teeth prevents lips from sticking to teeth for celebrities and contestants in beauty pageants who smile a lot

15. Applied on teeth before applying lipstick prevents lipstick from sticking on them

16. Massage, baby!

34. Reduces scaling and itching associated with dandruff

35. Theraputic when applied to lesions caused by poison ivy

36. Can help improve condition of those with atopic eczema

37. Helps heal and protect new tattoos

38. Can protect against harmful hair dyeing, perming and straightening chemicals when used as a mask around the hairline

39. Use a tiny dab to put a quick shine on your shoes and bags

40. Smear a tiny bit on your hands and scrunch through your hair for a choppy look

41. Use just a touch on the ends of your hair to hide dry and split ends

42. Remove makeup stains from clothing

43. Rub Vaseline on the neck of your nail polish bottles and they won’t get stuck to the caps

44. Make your week old nail polish look new again - rub a small dab over the polish.

45. Use a touch of Vaseline mixed with powder eyeshadow pigment to make new colors, or a more solid eyeshadow that won’t get all over your face when you put it on.

46. Stretch your favorite lotion by mixing it with Vaseline.

47. Put Vaseline on your lips, leave it a few minutes, then scrub your lips with a toothbrush to exfoliate and leave them SO smooth

48. Remove false eyelash glue from your lash line

49. Apply a small amount on dry spots on your body before fake tanning lotions are applied, and prevent uneven tanning!

50. Generously apply Vaseline all over before taking flights to combat associated dryness

And just for fun, this one is totally not beauty related, but VERY timely - here is #51:

Once you carve your Halloween pumpkin, rub Vaseline on the exposed edges. it keeps it from rotting or going dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Besides all our favorite uses for Vaseline- I found a new trick and had to SHARE! I learned from Allthatglitters on youtube that she puts vaseline on her feet before putting on high heels and it prevents blistering!

As a heel-aholic, I had to try this out. It totally works! I started putting vaseline on the back of my ankles, sides of my feet or anywhere your shoes would start hurting towards the end of the night. NO soreness or blisters!

Try it! :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've used eye makeup remover by all different brands, even department store brands like Clinique and Lancome, and none of them beat Vaseline. I use this every day to get off every last bit of my eye makeup. It doesn't irritate and it works like a charm. Can't be without it (I even have a little mini for when I travel!)

on 1/22/2004 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my hg for feet! This stuff is the only stuff (including Kerasal) that will heal and moisturize my scaly, rough, calloused feet. In just 3 days, I had soft, pink pretty feet to slip into a cute pair of sandals! It's the best!