Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum

on 7/15/2017 11:41:00 PM

It's amazing all you need is water and Vaseline

I just splash my face with water and seal in with Vaseline and my skin is like a baby butt
If it was good enough for Marilyn Monroe it's good enough for me

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is it - my holy grail lip balm.

I've tried Blistex, Chapstick, Carmex, Nivea (stick balms and lip butters) and Nuxe, which were all flawed in some way. I only had issues with my bottom lip, which was always perpetually peeling and had dry skin coming off every night. This was really annoying because every time I wanted to apply lipstick, I had to use a lip exfoliator. Then a friend suggested I try using Vaseline and holy shit, it worked like magic. I only apply this at night and when I wake up, my lips are baby soft AND they don't peel anymore even though it's almost winter here. My lips also look more rosy now since they aren't chapped/peeling. I highly recommend this to people who struggle with lip balms making their lips chapped/peel.

on 12/16/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a must have in every household

on 11/12/2016 1:11:00 PM

NOTHING CAN BEAT THIS! It's my go-to lip treatment in this winter. My lips have never been this dry and chapped before so i even scrubbed it everyday like crazy just to see if it could not-get-chapped-just-for-one-day, but hell no, and i also felt like no lipbalm could cure my terrible lips. Nuxe, beeswax, lanolin, nothing worked. I became hopeless so i just grabbed vaseline and put it randomly on my lips. And it worked like miracles! It melted and slided on my lips like butter, and it keep my lips moistured for all day long and even made they look soft and a little bit rosy-coloured which is a healthy sign of lip. I didn't have to reapply it during daytime, once is just enough! About worries around lip darkening effect, petrolium DOES make skin absorb UVB more quickly, so it's better to apply this at night or just make sure to apply it under a SPF-contained lipstick. ❤️

on 3/29/2016 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Basically I agree with everyone else here. The key is you have to know how to use it. I don't use this all over my face just on areas that tend to be a bit drier than others. It doesn't moisturize, it seals in moisture. So I always use a tiny bit on damp skin after I wash my face and it's helped make some fine lines disappear and prolong softness. I never have a problem with breakouts either. I can get massive tub of this at Walmart for $4. Also make sure you're buying VASELINE and not off brand Petroleum Jelly. Vaseline is refined in a way most off brand versions are not. This is important because Vaseline won't clog your pores which I'm not sure can be said for the other stuff.

on 8/22/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

petroleum jelly should NOT be used on the face unless you're planning to get clogged facial pores and cause dirt and oil build up that will end up creating acne...be sensible and reasonable people. otherwise it's useful for moisturizing lips, lashes and eyebrows.

on 3/16/2015 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Mom was right again! Vaseline at night as a face cream works amazingly. I wake up with softer and more even skin. Of course I had to go off and try expensive face creams that all left me with acne and redness...but I'm now crawling back to this. It's cheap, multi-purpose and fragrance/irritant free. Try not to buy the generic (store) brand as they often contain extra ingredients and fragrance.

on 3/6/2015 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Vaseline has saved my skin during the super dry winter season! During the winters, no matter what moisturizer i use, my skin will always end up with dry patches which makes it really hard for me to apply makeup. I have managed to make vaseline save my skin! Here's what I do:

1) wash face with cleanser
2) moisturize quickly while skin is still damp
3) apply vaseline once moisturizer sets in

I only do this at night, and this makes my skin perfect the next morning for makeup.

on 3/6/2015 4:05:00 AM

Amazing product! This has an infinite amount of uses, from eyelash conditioner, to lip balm, moisturizer, mix with lipstick for a cream blush, eye cream in a pinch, i even use it as a highlight on my cheek bones! I buy this time and time again it's just one of the most useful things I've ever seen.

on 2/27/2015 9:42:00 PM

I used to use vaseline for almost everything. As a moisturiser for my lips, dry skin (elbows, knees, etc), my feet, and even under my eyes. I replaced it now with other things such as home made body butter, and oils.

There are a few reasons I stopped using this and the number one reason is the ingredients. Its petroleum jelly. Although it goes through processes to remove any impurities, I'm not comfortable with the thought.

Another problem I had was something similar to what another reviewer mentioned. My skin would feel moisturised temporarily. After a while, it felt more dry than prior to using it.

Other reasons include wanting to feed my skin better products. Vaseline may moisturise your skin, but that is it. No antioxidants, nothing.

Now, I'm not a health nut nor do I claim that I don't use any chemicals on my skin. I do, and I don't think I'll be stopping any time soon. I just believe there are much better options for moisturisers out there that will not only provide you with moisture, but with other benefits, without emptying your wallet.

If you have really dry skin, and are not looking for anything other than moisturising, then I think you'll love this. Other than that, I'd suggest trying other products.