Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.5

White Petrolatum

on 11/14/2017 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I use this for my lips:)
How to use recommendations
1.put it on my lips
2.wrap and warm with steamed towel

on 7/15/2017 11:41:00 PM

It's amazing all you need is water and Vaseline

I just splash my face with water and seal in with Vaseline and my skin is like a baby butt
If it was good enough for Marilyn Monroe it's good enough for me

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I use this product under my eyes after applying my eye cream at night and have seen good results--smoother skin, fewer small wrinkles, etc.

However, I primarily use this product on the outer corners of my sensitive, weepy eyes. I find that the barest dab, tapped on before primer and makeup application, helps keep my eyes from watering and ruining my eye makeup all day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is it - my holy grail lip balm.

I've tried Blistex, Chapstick, Carmex, Nivea (stick balms and lip butters) and Nuxe, which were all flawed in some way. I only had issues with my bottom lip, which was always perpetually peeling and had dry skin coming off every night. This was really annoying because every time I wanted to apply lipstick, I had to use a lip exfoliator. Then a friend suggested I try using Vaseline and holy shit, it worked like magic. I only apply this at night and when I wake up, my lips are baby soft AND they don't peel anymore even though it's almost winter here. My lips also look more rosy now since they aren't chapped/peeling. I highly recommend this to people who struggle with lip balms making their lips chapped/peel.

on 5/16/2017 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this. Multiple uses, esp. when cuticles or heels are extremely rough at night with socks. I use 100% Shea butter or cerave cream to maintain heels and cuticles once they recover. For face, I usually prefer aquaphor because it absorbs a bit faster and is (a bit) more matte, less greasy, when applied sparingly. (The difference between aquaphor and Vaseline is that aquaphor contains panthenol which aids in absorption into the skin. Aquaphor also contains ingredients that speed healing). But, Vaseline is ideal for acting as a barrier to keep moisture in and germs out. I think there is definitely room for both in the medicine cabinet. Sometimes I layer Vaseline with lansinoh lanolin for lips. ( lanolin is classified as an emollient, aquaphor a semi-occlusive; Vaseline as an occlusive). I think kiehl's lip balm one is a mix of petroleum and lanolin, but it travels more on the lips and doesn't last as long. . .

If you don't own at least one tub of Vaseline you're missing out. This product is n effective multi-tasker for so many uses. I use Vaseline primarily for:

1. A soft highlight on cheekbones(can be mixed with a bit of shimmer powder if needed)
2. Clear Lip Gloss and balm
3. Making your own coloured lip glosses with the help of eyeshadow/blush
4. Making cream blush
5. Dry skin.. cracked heels, dry elbows, dry knees.
6. moisturizing eyelids
7. Making your eyelids shine with eyeshadow
8. Eye makeup remover
9. Eyelash overnight treatment
10. If you don't want to put on mascara you can use this to amp up and shape your eyelashes during the day
11. My boyfriend uses this to treat his boxing gloves...
12. cuticles
13. I put a line down the center of the front of my legs for a nice contour when showing my legs in summer..

on 4/28/2017 8:52:00 AM

I bought this for my lips. But this never really moisturised my lips well. Will stick to blistex and carmex. Tried to use Vaseline for other uses eg moisturise my dry toe but it's not working .

on 3/17/2017 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Affordable, available at most stores and works for dry/ aging skin. Just wish I would've started using this sooner before I started aging! I'm 32 btw. But it's never too late to start, I can prevent future aging.

on 1/22/2017 9:50:00 AM

I don't know why I ever stopped using this, I recently bought a tub of it after not using it for years, I forgot how great it is for dry skin and lips, I smother my face in it and really rub it in and my skin looks and feels great, I even notice fine lines around my eyes are reduced.

I read in a makeup book by Lisa Eldridge that Alan Snyder (Whitey - Marilyn Monroes makeup artist) said that Marilyn would coat her face in petroleum jelly to use it as a base for her foundation as it gives a really natural looking 'youth glow' and a soft focused look, I tried it out and it does really work, my skin looked great and really youthful.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My lips have been so ridiculously dry lately, suddenly intractable to my usual Aquaphor, as well as a few different oils I have lying around, and I've come back to this in my desperation. Petroleum jelly is a skin protectant, which means that it creates a barrier to keep moisture in rather than contributing moisture per se. To use, I wet my lips, rub them together briefly, and then apply a thickish layer of petroleum jelly. It's especially effective overnight and just before and after my shower.

For me, this is also the best natural lool lip gloss there is. My lips are naturally very pigmented, so a thicker coat of petroleum jelly washes them out to a lighter pink, with a slightly glossy, dewy finish. A thinner coat is the most, well...dewy, natural looking clear gloss ever.

Beyond even all that goodness, I also use a small amount as eye cream, again while my skin is still damp just after showering. Too much of it makes my eye base and concealer slide around, so I use just a dab per eye, about half a chocolate chip's worth.