Biosilk Silk Therapy Gel

Biosilk Silk Therapy Gel

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It easily made my hair greasy. Also, the packaging was built in a way that it gave too much serum each time i tried to get something out of it. I also discovered better serums for a way lower price. The frizz did not become much less, my hair only felt soft.
There are better things out there!

on 7/26/2010 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Works well even on my thin fine hair. Don't use too much and this will last forever.

on 1/13/2010 1:00:00 AM

I've used this product for years. I have very curly hair, when I blow my hair out straight I use this to help create shine and definition without adding too much weight. When I wear my hear curly, I mix this with my styling gel to keep my curls soft. It's a great product. If it sits on the shelf for too long it can separate out a bit, but it recombines easily with a bit of vigorous shaking.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this. It doesn't weigh hair down so I am still able to use it if I wear my hair curly. It smells good and leaves my hair feeling silky and frizz-free. It doesn't dry out my hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

First, I think a lot of the reviews under this heading are actually for the Silk Therapy, not the Silk Therapy Gel. This is a medium-hold gel, not the smoothing serum. I've never had a problem with this weighing down my hair or making it feel greasy. I use it on top of smoothing products when i blow out my hair to give the blow-out the hold I need to stay straight all day. It does seem to work well with heat styling, but I've never used it alone so I'm not sure whether it actually helps hair. I don't like it so much for hold when I go curly, so for that reason I probably wouldn't buy it again. I'd rather have one gel that I can use all the time rather than two taking up more space.

on 3/5/2005 11:11:00 PM

Didn't really do much for me. Made my hair feel a little oily. Much prefer BTZ Get n Creamed.

on 2/6/2005 12:19:00 AM

It looks good when I first put it on but in a few hours my hair ends up looking G-R-E-A-S-Y even if I put it on the ENDS. Oh well, don't really need a great product to tame frizzies...my frizz is at a minimum.

I found this gel to be too light for my mostly course, curly hair. The one Biosilk product that I do like is the Rock Hard Gelee. It is alchol-free, it has moisturizing Rosewater in it, it works well for controlling my curls and adding hold, and it smells great. Unlike other products of theirs I have tried. I suppose the Silk Therapy gel would be great for more finer-textured hair.

on 3/1/2004 1:40:00 PM

My hair is enamored. As soon as this touches it, it melts and straightens to its wishes. It's almost magical to my hair. I use this before I blowdry my hair for amazingly soft and straight hair. And let's not forget the shine. It's super shiny hair after I blowdry. I think the heat really makes Biosilk change the texture of my hair to a much more static-free and flyaway-free style. It's a really good product that works on my straight, but unsleek hair.

on 1/18/2004 3:11:00 PM

This makes my hair really soft, shiny and manageable. After I blow dry my hair the ends usually look dry and frizzy...hence, the straight iron MUST follow which really smooths my hair and gives it a nice texture. After using this product, it actually left my hair straightening-iron optional. You do need to use a very little amount and I didn't find that it weighed my hair down. I tend to think my hair is thick and it is naturally wavy. However, my hairdresser tells me that my hair is fine but that I have a lot of it. Go figure!! I will purchase again.

**Update** I saw this in Target the other day so just wanted to let all of you know that they are now carrying this product along with a few others. It was actually cheaper than where I originally purchased (ULTA).

Popular Styling Products