Revlon Super Lustrous - Pink Afterglow 020

Revlon Super Lustrous - Pink Afterglow 020
Super Lustrous - Pink Afterglow 020Super Lustrous - Pink Afterglow 020Super Lustrous - Pink Afterglow 020Revlon Lipgloss Super Lustrous in Pink AfterglowRevlon Lipgloss Pink Afterglow

3.9

on 10/17/2006 10:00:00 PM

The color is a very pretty peachy pink, very flattering to pale skin. And it does give a lot of color, not too sheer at all. Those are the good points. The bad point, and the one that sinks this as a repurchase, is that if you applied goopy lip gloss, then spent a day on a windy beach, this is how your lips would feel. Like a ton of sand wound up in your gloss. I just can't go that for more than five minutes. If they made it without the glitter though, I would definitely stock up.

Lovely stuff! I didn't expect to like it but found it for 1.99 at a local Burke's outlet!! 7 bucks for the stuff is a bit steep in my opinion for a drugstore gloss, but now I find that I'm running out, so I will probably purchase this for full price soon. This is a barbie pink that goes on very sheer, with just a hint of color. It enhances my natural lip color and makes anything I'm wearing under it more intense. Super sparkly, like Versace's lights on lips. I found the taste and smell to be a bit bland and annoying too, so I added two little drops of cherry flavored oil to it--which I got in the cake baking section of Michael's in a package with other flavorings. I highly recommend doing this; it makes it a pleasure to put on. It made this gloss smell good and taste slightly sweet. I guess you could also add peppermint oil or whatever you liked to it. Very pleased with how pretty this is for the price.

I have an overall fondness of the Revlon Super lustrous lipglosses, esp the ones that came out "limited edition" in the summer (Lilac pastelle, Coral Reef, Firecracker...etc.) I just bought Nude Lustre during the CVS sale and like that one as well.

Pink Afterglow is much more glittery and gritty than the rest, obviously due to the large pieces of glitter in it. Its also the most drying of the lipglosses that I have. I can definitely feel my lips drying out about 2hrs in. The main concern I have with this gloss is the glitter. Its not a soft sheen, its more of an in-your-face sparkle, which also tends to stay behind once you take this off.

I got this for $2+, but with the glitter, and the dryness, I don't think I would repurchase

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I want to first disclose that I'm a huge fan of Laura Mercier's Lip Glace in "baby doll". This lipgloss is 95% similar in both color and formula for an incredible fraction of the cost. For this reason alone I had to give it five stars!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lipgloss leaves a lot of glitter after it has worn off. Other than that it is one of the best I have worn. The color is a pretty wash of pink with tons of shine. It's moisturizing and lasts quite a while. I wouldn't repurchase because of the giltter thing but, others may love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Afterglow is a really nice ipgloss. The packaging on Revlon products are always so absolutly beautiful and chic. This one is no exception. I love how it's not too bulky or too compact. It's perfect. And the color is insanely pigmented! It's almost Barbie pink on my fair skin. I love it. I wish it smelled better, though, and it tends to feel a bit heavy on my lips. I woud not repurchase, but only because I want to try out others from this line, because I love this one, and I would compleately reccomend this.

I'm one of the ones who's bothered by the chunky glitter in this gloss. This was the first super lustrous gloss I bought from Revlon, and I'm glad I let others talk me into getting other ones because if I had based my opinion of this line on pink afterglow, I would have written them off.

Pink Afterglow is a beautiful color, and I love how it looks on my lips, but the glitter is really, really chunky. It feels a bit like sand on my lips. I will admit, though, that I'm rather picky about glosses. I don't like most gloss brands, and really stick to my Chanel glossimers because they're my favorite and silky smooth. I really like the other super lustrous glosses I've gotten (coral reef and pink pop), but this one is just not one I look forward to wearing because of the gritty texture. If that doesn't bother you, though, the color on this one is really beautiful.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This color is gorgeous! It's has really pretty shimmers that aren't too over the top. This lipgloss makes your lips look juicy! I'm an NC42 and it looks pretty on it's own but I love pairing it with Revlon's Mauve It Over lipstick which is a matte. They compliment each other nicely. This lipgloss dosen't have a funny smell, isn't sticky, and is cheap! I recommend everyone give this a try. (:

on 1/16/2012 10:51:00 PM

Very pretty with my fair/cool skin and pink undetones. I will usually wear a balm under it so that the gloss doesn't sink into my lip creases. Nice staying power, as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a sheer pink gloss with glitter. This gloss doesn't really look good by itself on bare lips but it is a great shade for adding that extra, glittery oomph to any lipstick (it looks especially nice with brighter lipsticks). The glitter in this gloss is fairly large so you will definitely feel the gritty-ness. It doesn't last very long (2-3 hours), but when the gloss itself looses its shine the glitter will remain behind. I find that the glitter doesn't transfer as easily as other glitter glosses, so thankfully there's not too much glitter all over my face, but keep in mind that when the gloss fades the glitter will feel extra gritty. Though I myself don't really care for this gloss just because I don't care for glittery lips, I do think this gloss is on par with higher end glitter glosses so if you like glitter you should give this gloss a try.