Paula's Choice Contour Brush

No Image

Not tested on animals

on 3/20/2008 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i use this as a contour brush and an angled blush brush. it's very fluffy and soft, very lovely! i don't own a 168, so can't draw comparisons, but for the price, it's a very decent brush.

on 2/14/2007 1:58:00 AM

love this brush to death!! its similar to the MAC large contour brush, perhaps a bit smaller but for a fraction of the price. i agree with some that her bsuhses are tacky looking with white imprint but i dont care! i am showing off my well sculpted face not the brush ;)) its also so soft and picks up colour well.

on 5/28/2005 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was going to get the regular Blush Brush but I read the reviews and got the Contour Brush instead. It was one of the top 3 best m/u finds of my life! Thanks for the reviews, ladies. I can now apply blush expertly in just a few seconds and I don't even have cheekbones. I swear it looks like a magazine cover m/u job. I have never loved blush more and it's all because of the Contour Brush. Fabulous brush at an even better price. I'm going to get another one.

on 1/26/2005 12:41:00 PM

I love this for blush as well! I'm considering getting a second one, so I have one for color only, and one for exclusively contouring. I also like how the bristles aren't black, because if they were to break off (which they haven't) because some black hairs (from other brands) have left black bits of hair on my face. So, that was a selling point for me as well. If you were considering this brush, I would because it does great double duty for blush as well as contouring.

on 10/12/2004 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This brush is awesome! It's really soft, and the perfect size and shape for contouring. Very reasonable price also. I use it for adding bronzer in certain areas (cheek bones, hairline, etc.)to contour and highlight my face.

on 6/8/2004 11:00:00 AM

At last, an affordable, good quality slanted blush brush! (I know this is supposed to be a contour brush, but I find such brushes best for fool-proof blush placement.) As other reviewers have mentioned, this is very similar to MAC #168, with a small, very soft and fairly fluffy head. For comparison, this has a smaller, less full but softer head than my earlier favourite (but now lost) Club Monaco large angled blush brush, and a slightly larger, more chiselled and much softer/fluffier head than the WTF? blush brush. I've only used this a few times and washed it once (it gets fuller and fluffier after washing), but I already love it. No shedding thus far. Highly recommended if you want better control of your blush placement but a soft, diffused, non-stripey effect. A baahgain at about $13. continued >>

WOW. I simply love this brush! The previous reviewer about said it all. It is awesome. I have a slender face & use this primarily for contouring - which it does perfectly. In a blind study (exclusive a handle lenghth) you would not be able to tell the difference between this brush & MAC's 168! A must have brush (and perfect for use with BB Shimmerbricks!)

on 12/10/2003 8:10:00 PM

I'd been eyeing the popular MAC #168 large angled contour brush for awhile, since my blush application skills lack finesse and I'd read the #168 is practically foolproof. The only thing I wasn't so sure about was the price, because I'm cheap like that. Then I came across the new contour brush Paula was offering in her catalogue. A MUAer kindly compared the two for me and said they are nearly identical, except that the PC version has a slightly shorter handle (which is also imprinted with the PC URL--doesn't matter to me, but might to some people). I was lucky enough to get this on sale for $10.36 USD (while the #168 retails for $28).When I first received it, I thought it looked a bit small and worried I'd be left with the dreaded porcelain doll cheek look. But the bristles are luxuriously soft and don't leave any harsh lines. I also feared it might not work for me as I do not have a long, gaunt face with high, prominent cheekbones, but instead a rather round face with non-existent cheekbones. But it does! The PC site offers instructions for use, and even though they mention using it with a contour shade, it works beautifully to apply blush to the apples of the cheeks, and also picks up a lot of pigment, which works perfectly with the MAC Sheertones I adore. I'll update on durability in the future, but for now, this fool gives it the foolproof seal of approval! continued >>

Popular Makeup Brushes