3.6

price range

Reviews

from

a year ago

This foundation gives a decent coverage - I'd say medium but buildable. The colors are a bit darker than I would have thought. Guessing by the online colorscheme I would have placed myself at barely beige - but that was waaaay to dark. Ivory is my jam. For all you alabaster light skinned girls or boys out there - this is probably a tad to dark for you. I'm a fairly light in bareminerals and NC 15 in MAC. I bought this because I have extremely sensitive skin and I'm changing all my makeup to delicate, sensitive friendly makeup. This means brands as youngblood (only the foundation), Miild (for everything else face), Naturligolie and Løwen. So far it's going well. Haven't had too many breakouts and a fair amount LESS than when I was using bareminerals foundation! For comparison I have combination, sensitive skin and it stays put all the work day without a primer. Points Comparable color to: Bareminerals fairly light, MAC NC15 Coverage: Medium but buildable Price: A tad expensive Cons: Doesn't have a shifter (not very easy to take travelling), price.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Relaxed, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I have acne prone skin and I have tried lots of foundations and powders. When I go to dermocosmetics to buy loose powder they always say you need to use compact powder and I use that very long time. After then I tried loose powder it's definitely better than compact one. There is a huge difference and I think it doesn't clog the pores and doesn't look like a mask on my face. And good for top

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairSilver

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Great coverage that is not a flat mat has a sheen that gives a glow to the skin.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I love this stuff the only stuff that has not made me break out. hands down!!!! I have olive tan skin and normally would use c40 in Mac, so I use rose beige and toffee blended. you don't have to use much for coverage and it lasts all day. t this stuff is so much better than bare minerals, but can be very pricy. but it does last a long time. UPDATE 9.3.17: I have found that if you blend this with the the rice mineral powder you don't have to use dual colors and your makeup actually stays on all day. I now only use Rose Biege and a small amount of the rice mineral setting powder and its a perfect match to my skin. Plus you will use less product and it lasts longer. I've been using this powder now for a couple of years and have gone to other brands just because I'm curious if it would be better, but I always come back to this product.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

4 years ago

This is my favourite medium coverage powder to use on its own. I do not use this power to ever set my foundation. I only ever use it solely as a foundation with a concealer to hide any pigmentation or blemishes. Used with the real techniques multitasking brush, i buff this into my skin over the top of either the mineral loose rice setting powder or napoleon pedis mineral setting/priming powder (also yellow in colour). The coverage builds up nicely though you need to get the hang of building it up evenly otherwise you end up with patches that are darker coloured than others. It is not hard to learn; it is easy to work with just have to experiment. I find that when you wear this over a concealer, it does a good job of not 'discolouring' the concealed patch. You can also wear a concealer over this and it sinks right into the powder. I use MAC Pro Longwear concealer or Kat Von D tattoo concealer on my blemishes/discolouration/pigmentation and there is full coverage right there. My most favourite thing about this foundation is the way it looks after my natural oils have set in, it gives a glow and keeps my oil at bay longer than any other powder foundation I've tried. It does not cling to dry patches (and if it does, it is not as dry/flaky looking as other powder foundations I've tried) and lasts a good 10 hour day before breaking apart on my skin. Even then, it breaks up nicely and evenly. for reference, I have very oily T zone and normal cheeks/chin. I am NC37 -40 in Mac Pro longer foundation and use this is Warm Beige. Have repurchased this at least 4 times over the span of 5 years. to my knowledge, around $65-70 AUD purchased from specialist stockists. Plastic container with crew top lid. Small sifter holes to tip the powder into the lid and swirl your brush into. Lasts a very very long time even with daily use (around 6 months to a year) and does not cause me to break out (and i have very sensitive skin). no smell. blushes and bronzers sit well over the top. does not fade during the day other than when my oils break the product up (as i said, at about the 10 hour mark). will continue to purchase as my preferred powder foundation. I prefer this over the tarte mineral powder that comes with the net sifter, in a purple packaging.

About reviewer (224 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

3.0

5 years ago

I bought this powder in ivory shade, and it is a bit yellowish, and doesn't have good coverage. I have to use Bare Escentuals Bisque first to cover all the imperfections, and then Youngblood powder for some color. It doesn't look great all day either.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

5 years ago

This is probably my first really negative product review on this site. Albeit, the original concept of this mineral makeup created to help people with major skin issues, burns etc, is admirable. I found this to be overpriced and limited to a skin type that would be close to free of lines and larger pores and desiring a glowy finish. My skin is mature with lines and large pores and this product was a disaster for me!!! Heavy, looked like a disco ball, accentuated my pores EXTREMELY and just made my skin look awful!!! So glad I bought it with my pro discount at Salon Centic. I'd be crying now if I had wasted $40+ on this! Cannot return (sighs). But, can use it to conceal as the coverage is heavy. And YES I did buy the rice powder (also a waste of money) to prime and use as finishing powder. I'll stick to my It Cosmetics Celebration Powder when I want to use a powder foundation. That one looks great on mature skin!!! EDIT 3-28-2015 After playing around more with this mineral foundation I've found a few ways to make it work. First, primer is a must to help curb oil disintegration and filling pores. Benifit's Dr. Feelgood in my T-zone works for me. To eleviate the disco ball effect I use a flocking sponge and gently press the powder on. It's the buffing action with a brush that causes the undesirable metallic effect. So for now I'm going to have to say this works well with a little tweaking ;)

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairSilver, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. I used to be a die hard liquid foundation fan but decided I needed to be more conscious about the chemicals I put on my skin. I tried a few other brands but have found this to be the best. It gives me smooth, even, medium to full coverage. How you apply it is everything and practise makes perfect. If you feel like its too cakey just spritz yourself with a hydrating mist and you are good to go.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I've been loving this foundation. I'm in school for esthetics and our salon centric just started carrying this line. My instructor raved about it so I picked up the foundation a few weeks ago. It's very buildable and natural looking. I live in virginia and the summers get really humid so I like to find something that feels lighter than liquid or cream. Sometimes liquid feels like my face is wearing a blanket. I never cared too much for bare minerals when I wore it, and it actually made me break out sometimes, which sounds crazy. So far YB is great! I did some research and I love the mission of the product line and the fact that it is the makeup used in cedars Sinai hospital on burn victims and people with skin trauma who want to cover flaws and feel good about themselves, and that it was developed by a medical aesthetician. I want to pick up the primer and rice setting powder eventually, but I'm poor, and the coverage of just the foundation is very buildable and I have no real complaints so far. If you find it isn't sticking to your skin, try putting on moisturizer right before application and letting it sink in just a moment or two. This works for mineral makeup in general. I think I gave three stars on packaging just because it's hard for me to twist the lid on (white girl problems), but I love how the surface area of the lid is big enough to actually swirl a brush into!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairOther

EyesGreen

1.0

6 years ago

I am very unhappy about this purchase. The product looks cakey on my skin - i can see every pore and, no matter how lightly i use it, i still look like i have lots of makeup on. Also, the powder has an incredible skill for finding fine lines in my face that no other powder has ever found before, and for setting into them. Also, it somehow makes the skin between my eyebrows greasy (dont ask me how - another incredible skill) and looks really horrible and caked up in the grease. Touch ups only accentuate the problem. The packaging is that pot with holes that everybody hates. A least it makes it easy to spill and lose this horrible product. I bought this in Europe so I paid around twice as much as people in the US. I thought it was a good product that would justify the price. I was very wrong. Man, don't buy this stuff.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium