Chanel Double Perfection Compact Teint Poudre Mat Eclat [DISCONTINUED]

Double Perfection Compact Teint Poudre Mat Eclat  [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 12/29/2010 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

So far I have been using this powder for about a month. I use it on days when I skip my liquid foundation, or in the evening/afternoon when I need a touch up. A little goes a long way, It gives good coverage and has a nice, matte finish.. I love this because I have very oily skin! Also, the color selection is good.. it is one of the few powders that was an exact color match for my skin. (I am light-medium skinned w/ yellow undertones). My only complaint about the powder is the price.. it costs nearly 20$ more than my liquid foundation..however, I am still happy with the quality so the price was worth it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this for summer use as my combo/dry skin gets more combo/oily in the warm months. My skin is mostly clear with a few blemishes and unveven tone. I feel that this powder foundation is average at best. I couldn't get coverage for my red areas without caking a ton on and at that point my skin would look like a flaky, dry mess. I tried to use it just over concealer on bare skin but it highlighted any dry areas. I tried to use it as a finishing powder over liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer and it looked mask-like. This product is so hyped that I was sorely dissapointed. As much as this cost me, I accidently dumped the pan out into a toilet (long story) and wasn't nearly as upset as I should have been due to its performance. Overall rating of meh.

on 5/27/2009 1:25:00 AM

This used to be my favorite foundation. It gave me just the right amount of medium coverage without being cakey and matched my color perfectly (which I always seem to have a hard time with). Anyway, earlier this year (or maybe it was late last year), I realized that it had gone up in price and that they give you less product - I felt a bit scammed. After reading reviews on MUA, I have since been using Maybelline PureStay Powder Foundation - I love it just as much (or maybe even more than) and it costs less than $10! If you have to use Chanel, then I would recommend it (it never made me break out and controlled oil), but if you don't mind using a drugstore brand, then definitely try the Maybelline powder.

on 6/5/2009 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This has been mainstay of mine for years. I use the Pastel Tender Bisque Intensity 2 and have always loved the smoothness of application and how it lasts all day without looking cakey or masklike. My compact tends to last a very long time, which is good because this is very expensive. I have yet to find a drugstore substitute that compares to the coverage and application. however, one reviewer below has suggested maybelline purestay powder so that's one possiblity. In the meantime, I will use this sparingly to make last even longer. LOL

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was an okay powder foundation. It matched my skin really and I loved the cute packaging but it was wayyyy too pricey. It's not even oil-free so it made me break out. Not BAD break outs. It didn't have very good staying power on my oily skin. I won't be repurchasing b/c I like Mac Studio Fix powder better! And it's half the cost!

on 9/2/2009 11:26:00 AM

What can I say? I guess high-end products are priced this way for a reason! I simply love this powder. It has great coverage; I can cover up my uneven skin tone by using only this and no concealor (I don't like liquid foundation either), it pretty much stays put all day, and dooesn't irritate my skin. I don't think I would buy again... it's too expensive for my liking. :)

on 11/11/2008 3:25:00 AM

Honestly, this is the best powder foundation that I've ever used. The finish is gorgeous and the wear is long-lasting. No more foundation floating on (or, worse, disappeared from) my T-zone by the afternoon! It also just looks gorgeous on the skin, doesn't oxidize, and doesn't turn into a mess by the afternoon. Just one step does the trick--no priming, no setting powders afterward. I thought Laura Mercier's mineral foundation (with primer and setting powder) were superior to Bare Escentuals' foundation (with mineral veil powder), but Chanel's Double Perfection trumps both--big time. I've also used Origins' Silk Screen powder foundation as well as MAC's Studio Fix, but those two always sacrificed either wear or finish to achieve the other (i.e., good wear but bad finish, or good finish but short-lasting). Chanel combines the two pros and I can't think of any cons except for, perhaps, the price. But what's 50-some dollars when you can whoop out a sleek black compact with those interlocked C's for touch ups? This is the first foundation that I've truly been happy about in every aspect.

on 11/16/2008 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm so soo sad that Double PerfectionCompact Teint Poudre Mat Eclat is discontinued! T_T
(I know, they have replaced it with the Mat Lumiere Luminous Matte Powder Makeup, but I haven't try it yet, so I can't comment on that)
This used to be my HG powder foundation. It gives me the most perfect polish matte finish with an excellent coverage.
The finish can be very powdery at first, but after an hour or so it blends nicely with my face and looks more natural. The look is matte but not flat or dry. Just perfect for days when I need to look professional. Tho it is matte, it doesnt look cakey or sits on my pores. In fact it makes me almost poreless like a porcelain doll..hihihi. On my combination oily face it last the whole day and it doesnt rub off easy on clothes etc.
I also love the fact that I can use this wet, with a damp sponge for more coverage. Or dry, with a kabuki brush. Using this with a brush give me a more natural look. But again for me this powder wasnt really being use to achieve a natural looks. Because it made my face looking really perfect, nothing wrong with looking like you have a perfect skin. But because its almost too perfect looking, ppl can do actually notice that youre wearing make-up.
The downside is that it tends to accentuate flakes and wrinkle (fortunately I dont have that many wrinkle..yet). So I do need to make sure my face is flakes free and well moisturize before hand. In the wintertime, when my face is drier I prefer to use a liquid foundation. Then if I want to, dust a bit of this powder on top of my liquid foundation.
I love this so much that I repurchase it several times in diff colors. My complexion is medium asian, but I tan easy and get light again just as easy. So depending on my coloring I had diff colors at hand. It covers really well and your skin doesnt really shine trough, so make sure you choose the right color.
Also very important, it doesnt break me out! I have tried several other powder foundations and most of them give me clog pores. My other fav is the Shiseido powder foundations. They also give excellent coverage and unlike the Chanel they dont accentuate flakes. But they do give me those tiny lill bumps on my face. This Chanel one doesnt!
The packaging is lovely also, simple but looks classy. Of course its a Chanel! (brand whore..lol) =P And they sold refills, what saved money cuz I dont need to buy the compact every time.
The price was expensive, but this powder does last me a long time. With the Shiseido powders I tend to hit pan after 3months, this Chanel however last me at least twice as long.
But hiekz.. unfortunately they dont sell this anymore (at least not in my country). I guess Ill give the Mat Lumiere a try next.

on 10/14/2008 6:14:00 PM

After trying countless high end foundations (both powder and liquid) my search has come to an end. This makes my face look absolutely flawless, lasts just about all day, and keeps the shine at bay (all though I do touch up once or twice). I love that this product is all I need to carry with me for coverage and shine control. I use with a big powder brush which works well for me. I have turned several friends onto this. Just great.

on 4/22/2009 8:46:00 AM

I use to have a lot of chanel make-up in 3 years ago. I used it for a few months. I think this powder too. It wasn't that great. Felt like applying pproduct I buy from an open market in Asia.