Sue Devitt Starbrights - Capella

No Image

on 1/17/2009 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The blush in this palette is the definition of "scary in the pan". It is, however, absolutely lovely on! I wore it over MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC30 (which I've always suspected to be too warm and golden for me) and it seemed to bring back my natural glow without accenting my reddish undertone. Looking at it now, I still can't believe how how purple it looks in the pan. I figure that it must work for me because I'm likely on the neutral side of warm. The glosses, mauve pink and frosty lilac, feel great and look very natural on my pigmented lips. They are not overly sticky or shiny, and so they must be applied regularly. The blush lasted all day, though I did dust an untinted, transluscent powder over it to set it. The compact is perfectly portable, and the mirror functional.

on 12/9/2004 7:25:00 PM

I am so in love with this product. I have been eyeing it forever but have been too scared to buy it as the colors are so bright. But, it is the most gorgeous thing ever. I love the purples so much. The texture of the blush is amazing and gives the prettiest glow. The glosses are equally great. I wish the light one was a little more clear, though. I also use the blush on my lips for a little added color. I am a pale blond with grey eyes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite palette out of my whole collection. I got Capella (The purple one) It has lovely colors:

A medium purple gloss

A light pink gloss

A medium purple cream blush

And again, Sue Devitt's quality never ceases to amaze me, the glossed are great, the pink one adds a subtle hue, the purple one looks a bit inimidating in the pan, but goes on fairly sheer and still added a purple kicked pink tint to my pigmented lips. The cream brush looks VERY scary in the pan, and still a bit scary on your cheeks, but once blended with my finger tips, it looks more than lovely. The colors are great and would look good with any complexions.

The palette itself it packaged black and slick with a fair sized mirror inside. Woud repurchase in new colors. continued >>