64%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Got a sample of this in an Ipsy bag and it's a really gentle exfoliator that smells of lemon and doesn't feel rough on my skin. After I use it I definitely notice a difference, my skin feels soft and looks glowing. But I use it sparingly because it's so expensive!!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

2.0

2 years ago

It makes my skin so smooth, but I get a pimple every time I use this. I'm not interested in smoother pimples so this is a pass. I would also consider the funky ingredients, fragrance, and potentially damaging formula not so great for skin. I would choose an exfoliating towelette or an acid based peel over this. I can absolutely see why people like it, I just think at that price it should have less problematic ingredients.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

This isn't a bad product, nor was it a game-changed for me personally. I don't assume that a face scrub is going to radically transform my face, but at this price, you might expect a miracle. Don't. I actually got a sample of this, so I didn't buy it, and I doubt I will rebuy at the current retail price. Why, you might ask? Well, there is no magic to this product even at the high price. It is a scrub. It leaves your face feeling clean, and it has a pleasant citrus scent, but a scrub is a scrub is a scrub. They can only do so much, and if you have deep-seated clogged pores/blackheads/breakouts, it may be time to hold onto your wallet and just call the facialist. It's nice to use a product and feel like your skin has been deeply exfoliated, but if we're being honest, there are other products that do just this at a fraction of the cost. This is NOT a microdermabrasion, this is a scrub. With that said, I will use the sample up because this is not a bad product. It's fine, feels exfoliant, doesn't irritate my skin or break me out. It doesn't have any serious skin-penetrating properties that surpass my other $4 St. Ives scrub, either. There are some decent products that just don't deserve a dumb price tag, and unfortunately this does lower my rating.

About reviewer (274 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

5 years ago

I got a 100 point sample of this from sephora and I don't really think it does anything, to be honest. It has a nice lemony scent though.

About reviewer (87 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Other

from

6 years ago

This is a very good product and does shrink enlarged pores. Super duper pore cleanser. You can request samples at Sephora. I wouldn't use it more than twice a month.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

Um yea. I liked this and thought it was okay but the price on this is just dumb. I have used better products that have shown better results for half this price and less. Example, Olay microdermabrasion works way better and is way cheaper. I wouldn't call this a "microdermabrasion" either. It's a face scrub. Like St. Ives but smaller grains. I saw no real difference in my skin with this and it worked like most run of the mill facial scrubs. Don't waste your money, this isn't anything special.

About reviewer (1214 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

I like this exfoliant because of the microfine particles. This, however, does not justify the exorbitant price. There are comparable microdermabrasion exfoliants out there for a mere fraction of the price (check out Derma e's Microdermabrasion Scrub). I would not repurchase this product because of the price.

About reviewer (1756 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

This is a great exfoliator. I find that if I use this every other day after using my normal cleanser, acne marks fade much quicker than they would without using this. It's not a miracle worker, if you want a smooth complexion quickly, you're better off going with a series of in-office microdermabrasion treatments or chemical peels. This clearly states that using it six times is equal to one in-office treatment. I use this before chemical peels to insure I exfoliate well for the peel to get in my pores well. It's worth the money in that it does what it says, and lasts a WHILE. You don't need much per use. It leaves my skin immediately slightly pink and irritated looking, but in the morning my skin looks smoother.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesBrown

1.0

6 years ago

I got a sample of this, which I enjoyed, and then I ultimately purchased a full size jar during a Sephora sale. I actually don't know how long I've had the jar, but I am disappointed every time I use it. First, I find it abrasive but it somehow doesn't do much of anything. I have used it mostly for targeted exfoliation of a small area--on a dry patch where I have a healed blemish, for example, and am without fail disappointed because my skin looks exactly the way it did before using it, just a little redder or more irritated. I also find that it doesn't spread--it just stays in the same lump that comes out of the jar, which makes it clumsy and messy to work with. It is also difficult to wash off, which is awkward if I try to use it just prior to applying face serum and moisturizer.

About reviewer (975 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2.0

6 years ago

For those considering buying this product, here is the Paula's Choice review (which rated microdermabrasion in a jar as "poor")" Microdermabrasion for Face doesn't deserve consideration over the multitude of other topical scrubs claiming to mimic the effects of microdermabrasion because they use the same crystals. Brandt's version is quite abrasive, and even without this issue, Neutrogena's version is very effective and one-third the price. I use Paula's Choice Weekly Resurfacing now. It's great- see my review.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool