NARS Cosmetics Single Eyeshadow - Bali

Filtered by age: 30-35
NARS Cosmetics Single Eyeshadow - Bali

4.9

on 11/26/2014 10:11:00 PM

Love this eyeshadow. Most frequently I use as an eyeliner applied with wet angled liner brush. Also great as a crease or outer corner color. Staying power is excellent. Great color that can balance out shimmery shades.

on 9/12/2011 5:02:00 PM

This shadow is a beautiful, multi-use product. It can go on sheer or heavier in the eye area so it's easy to use all over the eye or as a deeper shadow color in the crease. I also use this in my eyebrows & it is the best product I have tried in terms of color & ease of use. I feel fine about splurging on such a nice shadow since it is definitely a wardrobe staple & will probably last a long time. The formula of the shadow is gorgeous - silky, blend-able, and long-lasting. For context, other shadows I've used are: Revlon, Mac, and Chanel. I have oilier eyelids, so I do wear this with a base which I believe leads to the longevity of the product.

on 8/13/2011 12:09:00 PM

I love this cool greyish brown color eye shadow. I am trying to get into the world of smokey eyes. I have been doing the same boring eye shadows looks forever and have needed an update! This is a great brown on me. I prefer a cool looking taupey brown over a warm brown, so this is it girls! Now I just need to figure out what colors will go with this to develop my smokey eye more!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

A girl at the NARS counter recommended this for my eyebrows. She applied it for me, and I was sold. It was a perfect color match for me, but more importantly for a review; it looked natural and blended easily. I apply it with a eyeliner brush. Sometimes I also use it as a liner or shadow. It's not cheap, but I think this will last me a year!

on 11/20/2009 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I haven't been a fan in the past of NARS shadows, but after shopping around a bit I bought several of them recently and am very pleased. Bali is a matte dark neutral/cool brown which looks great in the crease. I wear very neutral makeup and was looking for something polished but conservative for work. I wound up with all about eve all over, cairo on the lid (also great) and bali in the crease. I also wet a brush and use bali as a liner. The shadow looks great on skin. Other brands can look chalky, or too thick/unnatural (MAC is like this on me). For such a dark color, it blends so well and really enhances my dark brown eyes. I am glad I have revisited this brand. The shadows are so much better than I remember that I am wondering if there has been a change in formula since I tried them last. Only negative is the packaging which gets dingy looking quickly and feels cheap when opening/closing. But, who cares when it looks so pretty on?

on 11/14/2006 10:11:00 AM

The perfect brow colour for me too. I tend to be heavy handed with brow colour and I find this is practically foolproof!

This is the perfect shade of brown for my eyebrows! I love it! As a liner, it is extremely classy. :)

on 5/23/2006 10:17:00 PM

I use it as a shadow, sometimes a liner and for the brows too...very versatile, and overall a great product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a perfect matte grey/brown that works well as a liner or a brow definer. I prefer Bali over MAC Charcoal Brown as an eyeliner because it goes on a bit smokier and deeper. There are no yellow/red/orange tones to this brown, and in fact it won't look like a brown liner on but instead will look like the natural shadow of your lashes. Excellent for those who suffer eye redness, because the lack of warmth in the brown will tone down the look of irritation. I use this dry and applied with a fine blending brush to the outside corners of my lashline and the results are natural, defined and eye enhancing without being obvious.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this as part of my bridal makeup. It's such a plain, boring color that I wasn't impressed with it at all, but the SA convinced me that it would go well with the rest of the eye makeup, which I did love. Three years on, the only one I still use is Bali. I've grown to love it. It looks like the most boring brown ever in the pan, but when I put it on, it's got the perfect cool undertones to make my blue eyes pop without making my eyes look bloodshot (a real peril for me). It is sheer, so I can use it as a "what, me wear makeup" eyeliner, but it builds for intensity when I want to go for a smoky eye. It also looks divine with with Nepal and the Tokyo duo.

I'm nearing the end of my first pan, and I will most definitely replace it.