Paula's Choice Paula's Select Soft Matte Blush in Pale Rose [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 11/25/2008 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I heartily agree with the comments about this blush being a "cool" version of healthy blush. BUT don't think this is a cool blush! If you already have "healthy", you don't need this. On my NC25-30 skin, it is sort of a reddish-brown, maybe orange, depending on how you look at it - kind of bizarre in a way. It's just a bit too dark and brown for me - I'll probably end up using this more as a contour than as a blush. I prefer my blushes to err on the light and girly side, and this shade is not it. I think blush should make one look more youthful and fresh, but this one is aging on me.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Swatched on my arm this very closely resembles her Healthy Blush, perhaps slightly more dusty, and slightly more cool toned. As a warm toned girl I can wear this, but it's a little too dark for my light/med skin. I either use a very light hand, or dust some bronzer on my face so the contrast isn't so extreme. That actually works rather well. Like this as a cool toned option for my normally peach blush cheeks.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I was rather impressed with this blush, I recieved a generous sample, enough for a week's worth of uses if not more. The blush was finely milled and had great pigmentation. Pale Rose isn't very true to name. I don't know about you but when I think about pale rose it isn't a medium mauvy tone which this appears on me. Anyways, it gives me a natural cool toned flush. I wish this had a bit of sheen to it, but alas of course not. I would not buy this particular shade after recieving the sample but I would try other colors of this blush.