MAC Format

4.4

Bought this recently and was so impressed by it, I'm an nc42 (in summer) but usually an nc35 / 40 and I loveeeee this to contour!! I apply my bronzer first and cut the cheek with this to give my cheeks that hollow defined look! I was so intimidated by the sparkles in the pan but comes out sheer and beautiful!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is the only blusher I have ever used more than once. I have used it nearly every day since investing in my first MAC collection 6 months ago. I'm shade NC50 and it looks so natural on. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out. I'll continue buying it.

To Read all 61 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

i picked this up from my mum's collection of MAC makeup hoping that i would be able to make-do by using this blush as a bronzer. format is a reddish-brown colour that may look quite shimmery/glittery in the container, but translates into a nice sheen once applied to the skin. i've found that using a light hand with this product works best, as well as applying it liberally to where the sun would naturally hit to warm up the face. i wouldn't recommend using it strictly as a bronzer for the cheekbones as it's red tones would clash with any blush you put on, but using this on its own- as a liberal bronzer definitely gives you a nice deep glow. it's a nice blush, but pretty mediocre probably because i prefer more coral, vibrant shades.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is one of my favorite blushes for every day. The color is gorgeous and it makes my face glow. The price is a good deal and the blush literally lasts forever. I only knocked a star because this blush only last about 4 hours on my combination skin before it starts to disappear, even when using primer, setting powder and finishing spray. I would repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

As a NC45 I was skeptical about this particular shade as it looked super dark. Swatched in store and then later used on my cheeks I was blown away. Perfect glow without looking like a dang disco ball. I'm very impressed with this shade. A light hand is desired to build up to acceptable look. I love this blush shade and if I ever get around to hitting pan on it I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Format is my first MAC blush ever! It was recommended by a MUA over 10 years ago and I still love it. It’s my go-to blush and it never fails me. I’m NC50/NW45 and this color applies on me like a brick red-bronze glowy color. Too much, though, is a disaster so use a light hand and build the color to your liking. A must for darker complexions.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i hate frost, except maybe in some eyeshadows... i didn't actually pick up format. my husband was in the States and he didn't know mac was available in India.. lol... so he picked up a bunch of stuff at macy's.. one of which was format.

in the pan, i was not really wowed by it, obviously coz i don't like frost but my hub always feels bad that he picks up makeup that i don't like... so just to please him i started wearing this... i was surprised... mildly shocked i would say that it didn't go on my skin like i imagined it to... its not too icy... its actually quite subtle for a frosty shade.

the color pay off is amazing, one swipe is all i need... i have used it to contour, as a bronzer as a blush and usually play with the intensity... i actually quite like it...

i"m nc43 and very warm toned, so if i over do this color i look soooooper tan, which i already am naturally so i usually keep it subtle... lovely color for tan to dark girls... i dont know if it will work for fair girls, it might be a bit too dark.. on me it looks natural enough...

the reason i've gien it a 3 star rating:

mac packaging looks fine but is flimsy to touch... i like sturdier packaging... i always have to be careful coz i think i will end up breaking it if i hold it too tight... weird!!!

its supposed to be a rosy browny color... i see no rosy pinky... its just bronzy... at least on my skin, which means i don't use it as often...

and finally i won't buy it again coz i still don't like frost, yes, but in comparison to other frosts, not by itself... so once this is done i won't repurchase...

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to give this blush about a 3.8. It's not bad at all, just somewhat mediocre. On my skin (NC50) it showed and wore very nicely (not too overpowering, long-lasting) BUT I wasn't wowed by its browny-rosey color like I was by Ambering Rose. It's not because it's a powder as opposed to a sheertone like AR; it's just that it's the kind of color you can find a drugstore dupe for very easily. I found one in the NYX.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Format kind of creeps up on you. It looks unimpressive in the pan but delivers a wonderful glowy natural look when applied. It takes a minute to reallu show up so apply lightly. I have always gotten complimenys when I use format. I wear it when I'm going for that all natural look. I am nc50

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

really glowy, natural looking blush. I love this on top of my nars dolce vita blush or my bronzer. Would buy again in a heartbeat!

Popular Blush Products