Noxzema Original Skin Cream

Noxzema Original Skin Cream
Original Skin CreamOriginal Skin CreamOriginal Skin CreamOriginal Skin CreamNoxzema

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide (end)///// (ORIGINAL DEEP CLEANSING CREAM INGREDIENTS: 4/9/15): Water, Stearic Acid, Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Linseed), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Gelatin, Camphor, Phenol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Calcium Hydroxide, Menthol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance.

on 5/11/2017 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My son has Keratosis pilaris and he has it on his face. We have tired many lotions some expensive. I remember that Noxzema works well on sunburn skin. He tried it and his face cleared nicely along with his arms. When he took it to college the guys in his dorm would tease him about it and they ended up using it. He really likes it to shave with it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This review is for both the tub version and the one with the pump, since the formula is different.

Pump- This has a different consistency than the original tub version. It's creamier and thinner, but works just as great as the tub version. It's perfect for my dry skin, even though it's not marketed as such (bummer, because I would've tried it sooner).

Bonus: It's more hygienic since there's no risk of contamination from sticking your finger in the jar, AND it has the same refreshing menthol scent as the tub version. You also get the deep clean feeling, too.

Tub- This formula is perfect for normal to oily skin. Even combination would probably like it. It leaves my dry skin feeling a little bit tight, so it's a pass for me.

Bonus: It gives that deep-down clean feeling that many other cleansers don't. Personally, I need this clean, refreshed feeling or I don't feel like I've washed my face thoroughly.

I know it's cheap (around $4), but sometimes expensive doesn't equal better. I learned this the hard way, so my suggestion is to at least give it a try and see if you love it since you don't have much to lose.

I used to use this Noxzema cream RELIGIOUSLY in high school until I started getting older and trying out the more expensive anti aging cleansers. I started having cystic acne recently and tried coming back to this because my skin was always perfect in high school. I guess they have changed the formula over the last 8 years. It doesn't work half as well as I remember. My skin felt greasy, unwashed, and it offered no help for my breakouts. HOWEVER, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it as shaving cream. My legs tend to get very itchy and form bumps everywhere after shaving and the eucalyptus in this helps wonderfully to prevent it. Noxzema works better than any shaving cream I have ever used. :)

I was a big nozzle a fan for a long time and use to use this like it was my religion. Very very affordable and well priced, excellent product for deep cleaning and getting the dirt out of your pores

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay so i have super sensitive skin due to me having Sle-Lupus and i have tried so many different types of cleansers even ones made for sensitive skin and I've spent loads of $$$$ on them . All of which either broke me out with pimples worse than what was there to begin with or gave me irritation and made me bright red/on fire and super dry . I remember when I was in my teens using noxzema so I thought lets get back to what my skin had used without problems .

My skin was so dry it was flaking and painful to touch because of all the other products I had used. so my routine is : before getting into the shower I apply the cleanser as a mask for 10 minutes and let it soak in then I wet my face and gently rub in a circular motion and wash off because I have sensitive skin so my dermatologist told me to only use my fingers to wash my face no wash cloths or spin brushes and to only exfoliate once a week . Well since starting back on noxzema my face has cleared up all my blemishes as well as moisturizing my dry skin . I do use at night time olay complete sensitive cream for my face thats my routine I wash morning and night with noxzema . I am 100% satisfied with this product . Also I have found that they have changed the ingredients for the orginal noxzema without menthol,eucalyptus and phenol .. so I found that when I cant find my noxzema that the generic brand at is exactly like the orginal to the T . I will continue to use this product as long as they make it Thanks noxzema .

on 3/24/2016 2:28:00 AM

I love this product! It's not something I use everyday because my skin is a tad sensitive but whenever I feel like a gentle cleanser just isn't cutting it or I notice that I'm starting to break out, I use this and my face clears up within one use and gets that deep clean it needs. I use the moisturizing version to this in the winter because my skin is a bit more on the dryer side and this one isn't the best for really dry skin.
Also, I wear multiple layers of makeup and sometimes it can get trapped in my pores, this product gets it ALL out. Love love love.

The only bad thing I can say about this is the smell is strong and chemical like. and the packaging isn't the most hygienic.

on 3/12/2016 11:43:00 PM

Love this product! I have tried many products but continue to go back to my Noxzema!

on 2/23/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros:
- minimizes size of pores
- leaves skin very smooth
- icy, cool feeling after rinsing
- gets rid of grime, dirt, and makeup
- don't have to use a lot to get a good cleansing
- lots of product for cheap ($5 for 12 oz, I believe)
- useful for people with non-sensitive/combination/oily skin

Cons:
- chemical smell
- burns eyes if close
- packaging not hygienic
- will MOST DEFINITELY irritate sensitive skin (please don't use if you're sensitive!!)
- dries out / stimulates the skin to produce more oil (put moisturizer/toner on to solve this)

Very much recommended! I buy this every time I start running low.

on 1/15/2016 7:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Here I am pushing 60 and using Noxzema again. The generation before me used it. The texture of the cream is so easily spread and light. Best used with a washcloth. Rinses easily. Don't get it anywhere near your eyes or you will be in agony. Use a separate eye makeup remover. Your skin will feel so clean and soft. The iconic medicinal smell is love/hate. Hint: On brutally hot and muggy days, wash your body with this in the shower, avoiding sensitive parts in your pelvic area. The menthol is very cooling.

I haven't been to the brick and mortars to check it out, but a men's shaving blogger says many generic Noxemas have not changed. Noxema old I used as a mask. It revved up my skin and I could feel it tingling with increased circulation. I think the formula was changed to chemical soup because it's cheaper to make. In todays market consumers do not stay with an offensive product and request changes, that's ridiculous. There are too many products available. Why change a product people have stayed with for decades?A lot of my faves get changed with no public notification. I had just tried Shalimar when they changed it and the new version is a different perfume. *sigh*