Noxzema Original Skin Cream

Noxzema Original Skin Cream
Original Skin CreamOriginal Skin CreamOriginal Skin CreamOriginal Skin CreamNoxzema

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide (end)///// (ORIGINAL DEEP CLEANSING CREAM INGREDIENTS: 4/9/15): Water, Stearic Acid, Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Linseed), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Gelatin, Camphor, Phenol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Calcium Hydroxide, Menthol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance.

My favorite thing about Noxzema is the smell. I'm in love with it. I was digging around in my grandma's bathroom cabinet circa 2003, found a travel size tub, opened it, and was like, "Whoa! Idk what this stuff is or where it came from, but I've never smelled anything like this." I then immediately bought a tub and used it throughout middle school before abandoning it for 12 years. Now I just bought some again.
I washed my face with it last night and noticed no difference whatsoever in the state of my skin or the two pimples on my forehead. It didn't help or hurt. Also, the intense cooling feeling it used to give was absent. It felt gentler on my skin than I remember. It still did remove dirt and makeup very easily.
I plan to use this as a makeup remover before washing my face with one of my other cleansers. I rotate my face washes and use Glossier Milky Jelly, Clean and Clear Foaming, and Clarisonic Refreshing Gel.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin, that is slightly dry, but I still get hormonal acne breakouts . I use dove soap and purpose skin cleansers, but I wanted something to remove my makeup before I wash my face. I decided to try this (original formula) and I am in love. It feels like an incredible facial, moisturized my skin, and I am amazed that it never leaves my skin greasy or causes breakouts or irritation, like other skin creams. I spread it on, soak in the tub, then wash it off and wash with dove or purpose. My skin looks gorgeous. I will never be without it.

on 11/3/2017 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Oh my goodness. I normally don’t write reviews but I felt like I needed to warn everyone of my experience. I’ve been using this product for about 3 weeks now day and night. I do not have sensitive skin and my skin is normally pretty clear minus a few blackheads on my nose and an occasional white head on my chin or forehead during my period. I have combination skin, moderately oily in my tzone but dry everywhere else. THIS STUFF ABSOLUTELY RUINED MY SKIN! At first I thought maybe it was just purging out the bad but my face kept getting worse and worse and the areas that never used to break out are now covered in painful cystic acne. I wish I knew how to post a photo on here because it’s awful. I hope no one else has to experience this.

on 10/22/2017 11:36:00 AM

I'm 41 and struggle with hormonal acne and rosacea. I never used Noxzema as a teenager despite its popularity at the time. I decided to try it after reading somewhere that it helps soothe sensitive skin and I'm sure glad I did. I have not had more clear and supple skin since before I was a teenager. I have tried so many cleansers from department store to drug store and haven't used anything more effective than this. I have been using this for 6+ months and can't see myself using anything else. HG status for sure.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

For all the skincare products I have been through over the decades, this is the one I always return to and can't do without. Keep in mind there are a few different versions now; the one that I think would be call the original is the "Classic Clean" version. I take my makeup off with it, then clean with it twice a day and moisturize with it both summer and winter. As a result my skin is soft, clear, clean and hardly a wrinkle in site. Yes it still smells exactly like you remember it and yes there's still that crunch when it's scooped out onto your fingers. I've used it for sunburns, bug bites, skin irritations, rashes and slept in it as a mask. Now that I've finally come home to it, I'm amazed I ever thought anything else was as good.

on 8/5/2017 12:41:00 AM

I've used noxzema since. I was a teenager,I washed my face morning&night,now I'm 53&still use it,my skin is soft,smooth&looks great,I also love the scent of noxzemabrings back my youth,&I also use it for sunburn&to shave my legs.(I hope they never change this product)good stuff

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This makes my very dry skin look and feel soft and more youthful. I use this to generally wash my face by messaging all over my face and rinsing; as well as a makeup remover: just apply, tissue off, reapply, and rinse. It dries up the occasional zit too.
My grandmother always recommended this to me. She used to wear it to bed until she got to be in her 60s and her skin always looked so exceptionally good in general, let alone for her age. I never really took to it until now. In the past, I found the odor to be too overpowering and it's menthol tingle aggravating. Now, I don't mind either. I fully appreciate it now and will continue to use it.
And for such a versatile, multi-problem solver product, it's low price tag is hard to beat.

This is my HG cream! I have been using Noxzema for about 20 years or so now. My skin seems to love this stuff! It keeps my skin clear and supple. I have also noticed that many women my age (pushing 40) have fine lines and wrinkles around their eyes, and so far I have none (fingers crossed). In the mornings, if I have time, I slather a generous amount on my face, and use it as a mask. After letting it sit on my face for a bit, I splash it with some water, rub it in and rinse. I then smooth on a small amount of Noxzema as a moisturizer. At night, I double cleanse with it to remove all traces of makeup and then rinse. Following once again with more Noxzema as a night cream. Oddly enough, even though Noxzema is moisturizing, it also makes a great treatment for the occasional spot. Although, when I stay loyal to Noxzema, I rarely get spots. ^__^

on 7/22/2017 11:05:00 PM

I last used Noxzema 30 years ago, in high school, and didn't even know it was still being sold. Back then I looooved the stuff for sunburns and for washing my face (mostly I just loved the eucalyptus smell and the tingly sensation). Last week my tween daughter got a sunburn and asked if we could get Noxzema to put on it-- she'd read about it on social media.

Sure enough, there it was (albeit on the bottom shelf) at the grocery store. It was $6 for a huge jar. When I opened it, the scent was so transporting! I instantly remembered that Cover Girl used to use Noxzema fragrance in its pressed powders and it made me want to powder my face all day long.

I honestly couldn't tell a difference between 2017 Noxzema and 1987 Noxzema. I washed my face with the current stuff and it lifted off the oil and left a nice matte finish without being drying. And did I mention how FREAKIN' GREAT this smells?

Of course, I saved most of the jar for my kid and she reported it soothed and cooled her sunburn way better than aloe gel or regular lotion. Highly recommended for painful sunburns!

on 6/23/2017 11:33:00 AM

My husband got a really bad sunburn after playing golf so I used this on his face where he was really burned. He looked at me like I was crazy but said it did feel better. My mom used to use this on us kids if we got a sunburn (I know) so I keep some around. Do NOT recommend for shaving, eye cream, acne wash etc.