Noxzema Original Skin Cream

Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide (end)///// (ORIGINAL DEEP CLEANSING CREAM INGREDIENTS: 4/9/15): Water, Stearic Acid, Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Linseed), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Gelatin, Camphor, Phenol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Calcium Hydroxide, Menthol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance.

I used to use this Noxzema cream RELIGIOUSLY in high school until I started getting older and trying out the more expensive anti aging cleansers. I started having cystic acne recently and tried coming back to this because my skin was always perfect in high school. I guess they have changed the formula over the last 8 years. It doesn't work half as well as I remember. My skin felt greasy, unwashed, and it offered no help for my breakouts. HOWEVER, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it as shaving cream. My legs tend to get very itchy and form bumps everywhere after shaving and the eucalyptus in this helps wonderfully to prevent it. Noxzema works better than any shaving cream I have ever used. :)

I was a big nozzle a fan for a long time and use to use this like it was my religion. Very very affordable and well priced, excellent product for deep cleaning and getting the dirt out of your pores

To Read all 659 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay so i have super sensitive skin due to me having Sle-Lupus and i have tried so many different types of cleansers even ones made for sensitive skin and I've spent loads of $$$$ on them . All of which either broke me out with pimples worse than what was there to begin with or gave me irritation and made me bright red/on fire and super dry . I remember when I was in my teens using noxzema so I thought lets get back to what my skin had used without problems .

My skin was so dry it was flaking and painful to touch because of all the other products I had used. so my routine is : before getting into the shower I apply the cleanser as a mask for 10 minutes and let it soak in then I wet my face and gently rub in a circular motion and wash off because I have sensitive skin so my dermatologist told me to only use my fingers to wash my face no wash cloths or spin brushes and to only exfoliate once a week . Well since starting back on noxzema my face has cleared up all my blemishes as well as moisturizing my dry skin . I do use at night time olay complete sensitive cream for my face thats my routine I wash morning and night with noxzema . I am 100% satisfied with this product . Also I have found that they have changed the ingredients for the orginal noxzema without menthol,eucalyptus and phenol .. so I found that when I cant find my noxzema that the generic brand at is exactly like the orginal to the T . I will continue to use this product as long as they make it Thanks noxzema .

on 3/24/2016 2:28:00 AM

I love this product! It's not something I use everyday because my skin is a tad sensitive but whenever I feel like a gentle cleanser just isn't cutting it or I notice that I'm starting to break out, I use this and my face clears up within one use and gets that deep clean it needs. I use the moisturizing version to this in the winter because my skin is a bit more on the dryer side and this one isn't the best for really dry skin.
Also, I wear multiple layers of makeup and sometimes it can get trapped in my pores, this product gets it ALL out. Love love love.

The only bad thing I can say about this is the smell is strong and chemical like. and the packaging isn't the most hygienic.

on 3/12/2016 11:43:00 PM

Love this product! I have tried many products but continue to go back to my Noxzema!

on 2/23/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros:
- minimizes size of pores
- leaves skin very smooth
- icy, cool feeling after rinsing
- gets rid of grime, dirt, and makeup
- don't have to use a lot to get a good cleansing
- lots of product for cheap ($5 for 12 oz, I believe)
- useful for people with non-sensitive/combination/oily skin

Cons:
- chemical smell
- burns eyes if close
- packaging not hygienic
- will MOST DEFINITELY irritate sensitive skin (please don't use if you're sensitive!!)
- dries out / stimulates the skin to produce more oil (put moisturizer/toner on to solve this)

Very much recommended! I buy this every time I start running low.

on 1/15/2016 7:25:00 PM

Here I am pushing 60 and using Noxzema again. The generation before me used it. The texture of the cream is so easily spread and light. Best used with a washcloth. Rinses easily. Don't get it anywhere near your eyes or you will be in agony. Use a separate eye makeup remover. Your skin will feel so clean and soft. The iconic medicinal smell is love/hate. Hint: On brutally hot and muggy days, wash your body with this in the shower, avoiding sensitive parts in your pelvic area. The menthol is very cooling.

I haven't been to the brick and mortars to check it out, but a men's shaving blogger says many generic Noxemas have not changed. Noxema old I used as a mask. It revved up my skin and I could feel it tingling with increased circulation. I think the formula was changed to chemical soup because it's cheaper to make. In todays market consumers do not stay with an offensive product and request changes, that's ridiculous. There are too many products available. Why change a product people have stayed with for decades?A lot of my faves get changed with no public notification. I had just tried Shalimar when they changed it and the new version is a different perfume. *sigh*

I used this year's ago as a teenager, but stopped always trying something new. Over the last 2 or 3 years I've developed a mild form of adult acne and tried multiple products to help get it under control, even trying proactiv. I purchased Noxema just for the heck of it a few months ago and let me just say I'm in love! It has completely cleared up my skin and is keeping it clear. It doesn't dry my face out and has actually seemed to make my skin look smoother. Still not a fan of the smell, but I can deal with that as long as it keeps soimf the job.

on 12/1/2015 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite mask-cleanser. I have used sooo many from drugstore to high end and for some reason I always have to come back to this or have to put it on once a while. This saved my skin so much, it always be like a baby bottom after I put this on. Recently purchase my 5th jar, I'm only 18 years old!!!, and this is like my HG cannot live without it. Smell did throw me off at first but now it just grew in me and it just smell like how good skin smells... haha. I put this on an hour as a mask and just a normal face wash day and night. It's crazy to say I feel this moisturize my face but it does, if I don't put this on a while I have a little dry skin and it'll have a tingly feeling when I use it. If I use everyday then there's no tingly feeling to it, so I know my skin is moisturize and it makes it so soft!!