Noxzema Original Skin Cream

Noxzema Original Skin Cream
Original Skin CreamOriginal Skin CreamOriginal Skin CreamOriginal Skin CreamNoxzema

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide (end)///// (ORIGINAL DEEP CLEANSING CREAM INGREDIENTS: 4/9/15): Water, Stearic Acid, Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Linseed), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Gelatin, Camphor, Phenol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Calcium Hydroxide, Menthol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

For all the skincare products I have been through over the decades, this is the one I always return to and can't do without. Keep in mind there are a few different versions now; the one that I think would be call the original is the "Classic Clean" version. I take my makeup off with it, then clean with it twice a day and moisturize with it both summer and winter. As a result my skin is soft, clear, clean and hardly a wrinkle in site. Yes it still smells exactly like you remember it and yes there's still that crunch when it's scooped out onto your fingers. I've used it for sunburns, bug bites, skin irritations, rashes and slept in it as a mask. Now that I've finally come home to it, I'm amazed I ever thought anything else was as good.

on 8/5/2017 12:41:00 AM

I've used noxzema since. I was a teenager,I washed my face morning&night,now I'm 53&still use it,my skin is soft,smooth&looks great,I also love the scent of noxzemabrings back my youth,&I also use it for sunburn&to shave my legs.(I hope they never change this product)good stuff

on 6/23/2017 11:33:00 AM

My husband got a really bad sunburn after playing golf so I used this on his face where he was really burned. He looked at me like I was crazy but said it did feel better. My mom used to use this on us kids if we got a sunburn (I know) so I keep some around. Do NOT recommend for shaving, eye cream, acne wash etc.

This is my HG cream! I have been using Noxzema for about 20 years or so now. My skin seems to love this stuff! It keeps my skin clear and supple. I have also noticed that many women my age (pushing 40) have fine lines and wrinkles around their eyes, and so far I have none (fingers crossed). In the mornings, if I have time, I slather a generous amount on my face, and use it as a mask. After letting it sit on my face for a bit, I splash it with some water, rub it in and rinse. I then smooth on a small amount of Noxzema as a moisturizer. At night, I double cleanse with it to remove all traces of makeup and then rinse. Following once again with more Noxzema as a night cream. Oddly enough, even though Noxzema is moisturizing, it also makes a great treatment for the occasional spot. Although, when I stay loyal to Noxzema, I rarely get spots. ^__^

on 7/22/2017 11:05:00 PM

I last used Noxzema 30 years ago, in high school, and didn't even know it was still being sold. Back then I looooved the stuff for sunburns and for washing my face (mostly I just loved the eucalyptus smell and the tingly sensation). Last week my tween daughter got a sunburn and asked if we could get Noxzema to put on it-- she'd read about it on social media.

Sure enough, there it was (albeit on the bottom shelf) at the grocery store. It was $6 for a huge jar. When I opened it, the scent was so transporting! I instantly remembered that Cover Girl used to use Noxzema fragrance in its pressed powders and it made me want to powder my face all day long.

I honestly couldn't tell a difference between 2017 Noxzema and 1987 Noxzema. I washed my face with the current stuff and it lifted off the oil and left a nice matte finish without being drying. And did I mention how FREAKIN' GREAT this smells?

Of course, I saved most of the jar for my kid and she reported it soothed and cooled her sunburn way better than aloe gel or regular lotion. Highly recommended for painful sunburns!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This makes my very dry skin look and feel soft and more youthful. I use this to generally wash my face by messaging all over my face and rinsing; as well as a makeup remover: just apply, tissue off, reapply, and rinse. It dries up the occasional zit too.
My grandmother always recommended this to me. She used to wear it to bed until she got to be in her 60s and her skin always looked so exceptionally good in general, let alone for her age. I never really took to it until now. In the past, I found the odor to be too overpowering and it's menthol tingle aggravating. Now, I don't mind either. I fully appreciate it now and will continue to use it.
And for such a versatile, multi-problem solver product, it's low price tag is hard to beat.

on 5/11/2017 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My son has Keratosis pilaris and he has it on his face. We have tired many lotions some expensive. I remember that Noxzema works well on sunburn skin. He tried it and his face cleared nicely along with his arms. When he took it to college the guys in his dorm would tease him about it and they ended up using it. He really likes it to shave with it.

on 5/23/2017 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is an OK product, but be warned that it's not really original Noxema. The company has changed hands a few times. For awhile, Noxema was promoted as a kind of anti-acne teen product, but most acne-prone teens are looking for something to dry their skin a bit. Sales plummeted, and the company changed hands yet again. Now there are a lot of different Noxema products, but no real Noxema available.

I think it's very sad that they blamed the product itself for what was the result of an inept ad campaign. Then they took the name (that didn't sell any more, remember) and stuck it on various other products. It makes no sense.

This product works OK, and you get a lot for your money. But I want the Noxema that my mother and grandmother used, the one with camphor and menthol and the old Noxzema texture. Very disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This review is for both the tub version and the one with the pump, since the formula is different.

Pump- This has a different consistency than the original tub version. It's creamier and thinner, but works just as great as the tub version. It's perfect for my dry skin, even though it's not marketed as such (bummer, because I would've tried it sooner).

Bonus: It's more hygienic since there's no risk of contamination from sticking your finger in the jar, AND it has the same refreshing menthol scent as the tub version. You also get the deep clean feeling, too.

Tub- This formula is perfect for normal to oily skin. Even combination would probably like it. It leaves my dry skin feeling a little bit tight, so it's a pass for me.

Bonus: It gives that deep-down clean feeling that many other cleansers don't. Personally, I need this clean, refreshed feeling or I don't feel like I've washed my face thoroughly.

I know it's cheap (around $4), but sometimes expensive doesn't equal better. I learned this the hard way, so my suggestion is to at least give it a try and see if you love it since you don't have much to lose.

I used to use this Noxzema cream RELIGIOUSLY in high school until I started getting older and trying out the more expensive anti aging cleansers. I started having cystic acne recently and tried coming back to this because my skin was always perfect in high school. I guess they have changed the formula over the last 8 years. It doesn't work half as well as I remember. My skin felt greasy, unwashed, and it offered no help for my breakouts. HOWEVER, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it as shaving cream. My legs tend to get very itchy and form bumps everywhere after shaving and the eucalyptus in this helps wonderfully to prevent it. Noxzema works better than any shaving cream I have ever used. :)