Aveda Lip Color Concentrate in Rambutan

No Image

on 10/7/2006 5:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a 'hello I am wearing red lipstick' ,red lipstick. Betty Page would approve. My 4 lippies is based on the color. Staying power,eh. Application, so uneven, take your time. Feels heavy and waxy. BUt I will put up with all of this becuase there is not another color like it. Stunning. Equal parts red and fushia. Very matte finish. If you have golden or cool undertones and are looking for a nice but not so ho-ing red, this fits the bill. Side note: Rambutan is a fruit in Thailand.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this red - and I don't like to wear reds! Very pretty but it demands a precise application as well as a lot of personality. The colour is so bright that people will sit up and take notice. So it depends on whether or not you like that.

on 12/6/2003 10:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Gorgeous!! A bright blue-based red that has a definite fuchsia pink undertone as well. I love colors like these - they brighten up my super PPP complexion. If you like colors like MAC Glam or Clinique Plush Red, you will love this one! I love the formula on these as well.

on 4/6/2004 7:20:00 PM

I initially LOVED this color in the flattering lighting of the Aveda salon.

Then I came outside and the fuschia looked so very harsh. My boyfriend hated this on me. (Which is only a tiny part of why I don't like it.) It made me look old and garish.

I couldn't understand why in the store it was so lovely, but outside and in an office environment, I looked SO scary! =( Too bad, because I really wanted to like it.

I'll stick to Clinique Vintage Red and Nars Red Lizard for my reds from now on!