NARS Jungle Red

NARS jungle redJungle Redjungle red <3

4.8

on 5/11/2017 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have tons of red lipsticks but this has a special place in my collection. It's extremely versatile: it is a very casual red, think jeans, leather jacket and minimal eye make up but it can be equally worn more formally, think evening/cocktail dress/ red carpet. I am NC15 and it pulls neutral with a slight warm twist on me.
The red lipstick I would take anywhere with me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oh my. Perfect 1950's classic pin up red. No orange tones, no pink.
Its quite difficult to find a matte red that doesn't throw orange or that cherry pink or doesn't throw that slightly deeper hue.

I'm an NC5/10, NARS Siberia, for reference, and this shade is quite vibrant on me. I see it being a universal colour for all skin tones.

Formula: It's more of a satin finish, definitely not matte, slightly creamy but it isn't shiny or glossy in any way. It almost looks like a medium burnt orangey red shade in the tube, but when applied to the lips just transforms into this gorgeous, vibrant, blood red. It applies surprinsgly quite sheer at first, but within 3/4 coats is built up to a true, opaque coverage. I love that it isn't completely opaque straight from the tube because I feel like this colour will be easy to wear on those days or nights I want a red lip, but tuned down a lot.

The ingredients in this lipstick are also really really lovely, nourishing. (there are quite a few natural ingredients in it).

Lasting power: Not completely magnificent as it isn't a stain or a completely matte formula, but nonetheless, decent. Last about 4 hours before significant fading (whilst not eating or drinking). [No lipsticks every last well on me because I'm always eating/drinking lol]

Overall, if you are looking for a classic, yet easy to wear, versatile, pure red lipstick - look no further.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Really sets off my fair complexion without taking over or being too much. It's an easy way to look polished quickly with little effort too. It is a bit drying but a bit of lip balm could probably fix this. It is fairly long lasting but does come off while I'm eating & drinking.

on 4/4/2010 5:48:00 AM

This is, as with all Nars lipsticks, a good product, but not quite the shade I would have wished for. My all time favourite red is Mac's Lady Danger - ideally I would have that shade with the quality of a Nars lipstick.

Jungle Red is a little less of an orange-yellow and has a shade more blue in it than Lady Danger and so doesn't quite suit my colouring as well. But all is not lost as I wear it under a golden shade that looks naff on its own and the combination looks strangely fetching!

on 1/1/2008 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I was told today by Nordstrom associate that this gorgeous lipstick is being discontinued and that I was lucky she still had a tube. It is an absolutely stunning perfect red. It is perfectly matte, which makes it so sophisticated looking. Amazing coverage and lasts forever.