NARS Jungle Red

NARS jungle redJungle Redjungle red <3

4.3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This lipstick is not, as someone here wrote, 'bright red' - on me it's more orange-red, it has a tone of terracotta which I did not expect nor want. Someone also wrote that it makes her teeth sparkling white, but unfortunately it does not do that to my teeth :)
But all and all, it's a nice lipstick and a nice color!
The staying power though is unbelieveable, it lasts almost all day without any touch ups!
One lippie off for not living up to my expectations.

I'm not sure if I would buy this again, I think (besides the color) that it's a little too matte, I wish it was more creamy and shiny.

The chase for the perfekt lipstick continues!

on 12/8/2005 11:40:00 AM

Jungle red has an accompanying lip liner in the same exact shade making the perfect red lip that much easier. This red is blue based and is fairly bright, definitely the classic screen siren red. If you prefer something a little bit more subdued but still very red, try Red Lizard, which I think is infinitely more easy to wear and flatters most skintones, Jungle red will not flatter everyone, but those who it looks good on REALLY look good in it.

on 7/29/2005 10:34:00 AM

I'm suprised that this great red has received so few reviews, especially given the Nars love on the boards. That being said, this is a medium cool-toned red that really brightens skin and leaves teeth looking whiter. Unlike many reds, this shade also works for a daytime look when paired with neutral eyes.