NARS Jungle Red

NARS Jungle Red
NARS jungle redJungle Redjungle red <3

4.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I thought a pure red with no visible blue or orange tones would be boring. Never have I been so wrong... We have been so obsessed with our timeless Ruby Woo's and our trendiest neon oranges we have forgotten the beauty of truly red lips. When you wear this, you will be telling the world you are wearing red lipstick. Not cherry, not tomato, not berry, not brick: it is the most gorgeous and sexy pure RED you will find around, in a super smooth matte finish, which makes it more sophisticated. It's a hot statement and a mood lifter.
I wear this when I want to impress or seduce.
If you have blue eyes, this will make them pop like crazy. A personal must-have and one of NARS's best lipsticks.

on 5/30/2013 6:09:00 PM

If I want just straight up, no orange, no pink, no fuschia red, this is the red lipstick I reach for. In fact, this is the lipstick that finally made me feel like I could pull off red! If you need a blue toned red or very warm red I would not recommend this, but if you have neutral skin and need something in between this is perfect. I feel great whenever I wear this! Very sophisticated color.

on 12/2/2012 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok to put things in perspective.... I am a total amateur when it comes to lipsticks. I own NARS Cruising and Senorita but these are nude colours which I can apply without a mirror and I seldom wear them because I prefer lip glosses. I'm definitely a no fuss kinda gal.
I don't know what made me go into Mecca Cosmetica and look for a red lipstick but I did and basically now my life has changed haha!

I never thought that red lipstick would suit me but this is an amazing colour. I exfoliate the lips and use a Chanel lip balm to prep. I don't use a lip liner, I just apply a few layers (blotting in between) and it looks gorgeous. It has great lasting power as well. As I said I don't use a lip liner and I tried applying it with a brush but it's not really my thing. I just go straight from the tube and manage to get a pretty good application.

Yes it is a bit drying but you can apply a bit of lip balm over it as you need, it's no biggie.

Anyways, this has now opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me. I absolutely love wearing this colour.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm always on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick for a redhead. I use MAC Dubonnet but it seems more winter appropriate than summer.
For reference, I am PPP with very pink undertones and red/auburn hair. I love how Heat Wave looks...but not on me. I saw Jungle Red next to it and gave it a try and loved it. It's definitely retro red and the perfect amount of matteness. It is a but drying though so I keep lip balm with me too. You can tone it down by blotting and it still look great. I will definitely buy again when needed.

on 8/7/2011 4:36:00 PM

I am pale (117 in MUFE HD) and most red look garish on me, they either look blue and clown like or orange and radioactive. This is perfect. It has a coral-ish base, which makes it soft instead of harsh. It looks like a true red on me, but it doesn't overpower my face. My HG red. I'm on my 2nd tube.

on 6/1/2010 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE this red. So red. On the warm red side, but really mostly a true true red.
It doesn't smell good, and shows every imperfection. I apply lipliner first over my entire lips, then slide it on. Stays forever and totally worth the price.

on 5/29/2009 2:51:00 AM

i have rouge d'enfer (which is a really nice subtle brick red) and i wanted a bright "RED" red...stoplight kinda red! this color is very pretty on my warm fair complexion. i have no idea why older posts called it blue based or pink! its very much orange based. there is no color like this at mac, i believe its very unique! the formula is very nice! it's a semi-matte, so it looks creamy, opaque, and matte but it is still comfortable. staying power is great and it doesnt bleed! i didnt give it 5 yet b/c i need to wear it a few more times before i give it HG bold red l/s status.

on 1/26/2009 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I recieved this as a gift from someone who apparently knew me a lot better than I realized :D

It's a true matte red, slight orange undertones, pretty dry, very pigmented. Lasts for ages and fades in a pretty way :)
Lends a very retro look.

I recommend taking care of your lips before wearing this - any flake will show. Also apply a light lip moisturizer if you're paranoid about dry lips.
I prefer applying this with a lip brush since it's so pigmented, any mistake will show :P

all in all, a great lipstick and a staple in my collection.

on 12/23/2008 9:00:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I only recently 'discovered' this colour and I've fallen in love with it! I could see how on some people it could go orange or terracotta, but on me it is an intense, tropical flower or lacquer red - a more high voltage version of MAC's Ruby Woo.

My local NARS stockist recently got in more of this, and it's still for sale online, so hopefully the earlier post about it being discontinued was a false alarm.

on 7/12/2007 2:43:00 AM

An absolutely stunning red. This is perfect: matte, red (as opposed to pink, orange or brown), long-wearing, and easy to apply and wear. This lipstick does not bleed on me, and fades very nicely. I hardly have to retouch all day, which, considering how lazy I am about re-applying, is fantastic. The NARS quality is phenomenal. My search for the perfect red is over, although I will probably buy the other NARS reds for the fun of them. I also have the lipliner, but I find that the lipliner has a brown undertone of which I am not very fond. I prefer not to use that.