NARS Cosmetics Jungle Red

NARS jungle redJungle Redjungle red <3

4.8

on 5/11/2017 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have tons of red lipsticks but this has a special place in my collection. It's extremely versatile: it is a very casual red, think jeans, leather jacket and minimal eye make up but it can be equally worn more formally, think evening/cocktail dress/ red carpet. I am NC15 and it pulls neutral with a slight warm twist on me.
The red lipstick I would take anywhere with me!

on 12/6/2014 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm writing this review after a few weeks of applying Jungle Red on a daily basis and I must say that I LOVE IT.

The shade of red is just perfect. The right red without orange and without blue either. It's pure red. It's elegant, classy, glamourous and flattering. Not tacky in the slightest, not screaming on your face because it's a red that speaks by itself without yelling. The shade is a clean red that doesn't need shine, glitter or s....t to make a statement. The amount of moisture is also perfect. It doesn't shine at all but it's not very matte either. It makes your lips look matte but not dry, not cakey. I would say Jungle Red is the only red I can either wear in the morning but also in the evening because it works for any occasion. In addition, as all Nars lipsticks, it has no scent at all so it doesn't interfere with your parfum or with your taste. It's just fantastic. I'll be repurchasing over and over.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Lovely, balanced bright red in a great formula. I have medium skin with warm yellow undertones (NC30) and Jungle Red is an easy to wear, brightening red on my complexion. Its lack of strong orange or blue undertones means that it'll work for a huge range of skintones. On me, Jungle Red seems to lean slightly warm, but it's an almost completely neutral red. This is my first NARS Semi Matte lipstick, and I absolutely love the formula. Though it is matte, I don't find it drying, and it lasts around 4-5 hours. The lipstick doesn't have much slip and is very lightweight, feeling like it really melds with your lips. I feel like Heat Wave is NARS' famous red, but this baby definitely deserves more attention. If you're in the market for a playful, cheery bright red, Jungle Red might be the one you're looking for!

on 2/6/2013 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this after seeing Selena Gomez in Elle and I've found my perfect red! For my skintone I love that it leans a lil orange, but still red. I was scared of how matte it would be, but it just glides on! Feels good, great pigment. Exactly what a red should be.

on 1/17/2012 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've bought a few red lipsticks, but so far none compare to this! My preference for the perfect red lip is a red that's bright - but not overly bright; orange undertone (instead of blue) and matte. Jungle red ticks all the boxes! I think it makes a cute AND sexy red. The only 2 things I have to complain about is the amout of product that you get. To me, you don't get as much product as other lipsticks - the bullet is slightly shorter and it does dry out my lips even though I put a lip balm before I apply this, as well as on top after application. Other than that, staying power is good, it lasted a few hours after eating a meal (although I was being careful), and it fades evenly which is another plus. Will be buying this again!!!