NARS Jungle Red

NARS jungle redJungle Redjungle red <3

4.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Jungle Red is an amazing lipstick that will transform your look and attitude for the day.

on 12/6/2014 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm writing this review after a few weeks of applying Jungle Red on a daily basis and I must say that I LOVE IT.

The shade of red is just perfect. The right red without orange and without blue either. It's pure red. It's elegant, classy, glamourous and flattering. Not tacky in the slightest, not screaming on your face because it's a red that speaks by itself without yelling. The shade is a clean red that doesn't need shine, glitter or s....t to make a statement. The amount of moisture is also perfect. It doesn't shine at all but it's not very matte either. It makes your lips look matte but not dry, not cakey. I would say Jungle Red is the only red I can either wear in the morning but also in the evening because it works for any occasion. In addition, as all Nars lipsticks, it has no scent at all so it doesn't interfere with your parfum or with your taste. It's just fantastic. I'll be repurchasing over and over.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a beautiful neutral red. I find it looks beautiful with just mascara and bronzer. Makes a statement even if it's more of a quiet red. Great pigmentation. Formula is lovely, a soft matte with a tad sheen to it. I pay attention, hehe. Smells great! I love the aroma of NARS lipsticks. I do wish it came with more product, though.

on 5/30/2013 6:09:00 PM

If I want just straight up, no orange, no pink, no fuschia red, this is the red lipstick I reach for. In fact, this is the lipstick that finally made me feel like I could pull off red! If you need a blue toned red or very warm red I would not recommend this, but if you have neutral skin and need something in between this is perfect. I feel great whenever I wear this! Very sophisticated color.

on 10/8/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bought this for a birthday party and really loved the colour. I also normally don't like lipsticks, but it was this one by NARS that kind of turned me into an amateur lipstick junkie. :) I thought it had good staying power, as well, for all that I'm not that well versed in wearing lipstick "properly".

I do wish the lipstick was cheaper, but I understand there are far pricier brands out there.

Would purchase again.

on 7/19/2012 11:08:00 PM

I've been on the hunt for a red lipstick that's not too overpowering but still bright for a while now. I wanted something I could wear every day, and this is it! The lasting power of this lipstick is great. I ate and drank water with it on and it still remained, no touch up needed. Like other reviewers have said, it is a bit drying so you'll need a gloss or a balm. It's a beautiful and versatile red that I'll continue to repurchase!

This is my signature red. This is a retro red that I accidentally stumbled upon in Sephora while looking at Red Lizard, which looked off on me (NC 25 with strong yellow undertones, for reference). I don't know what it is, but putting this on instantly makes me feel better. It lasts a while since it's a semi-matte finish, but it will transfer and dry out your lips. NARS lipsticks have a strange scent to them, which makes me nauseous but it goes away rather quickly. NARS' semi-mattes are my favorite HE lipstick so I don't really mind this, but another possible con is the amount you get for the price you pay.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

The longest lasting and the reddest lipstick I have ever worn. I ate a cheeseburger and my lips were still matte red. It's kind of pricey but I guess if you want long-lasting quality, you need to splurge a bit.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Really sets off my fair complexion without taking over or being too much. It's an easy way to look polished quickly with little effort too. It is a bit drying but a bit of lip balm could probably fix this. It is fairly long lasting but does come off while I'm eating & drinking.

on 1/17/2012 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've bought a few red lipsticks, but so far none compare to this! My preference for the perfect red lip is a red that's bright - but not overly bright; orange undertone (instead of blue) and matte. Jungle red ticks all the boxes! I think it makes a cute AND sexy red. The only 2 things I have to complain about is the amout of product that you get. To me, you don't get as much product as other lipsticks - the bullet is slightly shorter and it does dry out my lips even though I put a lip balm before I apply this, as well as on top after application. Other than that, staying power is good, it lasted a few hours after eating a meal (although I was being careful), and it fades evenly which is another plus. Will be buying this again!!!