NARS Jungle Red

NARS Jungle Red
NARS jungle redJungle Redjungle red <3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit - 17Mar2016:
This morning I panicked! I forgot to bring Jungle Red with me to work today. Enough said how much I love, and still love this lippie (I was a lippie casanova). Have not strayed much since acquiring Jungle Red.
------------------------------------------------------
I have tons of red lippies in my drawer – most I rarely wear for more than 3 days in a row – they turned out either too shiny, too matte, too glossy, with glitter that turned out too pronounced, too much organgy or too much pink after oxidisation on my pigmented lips, the list goes on and my quest in tracking the perfect red continues – but it finally stopped two weeks ago and I have been wearing Jungle Red on my lips and nothing else since!
I dare say this is my perfect red – matte but not too drying or stark against my Asian tan/sallow complexion, and I always prefer matte lipstick provided they are not drying or accenturate my lip lines. Also, although it is a warm red with a very slight orange (which I prefer rather than blue-based ones), this does not make my teeth look more yellow than they are!
It’s just perfect and I think this may be my signature lipstick.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Lovely, balanced bright red in a great formula. I have medium skin with warm yellow undertones (NC30) and Jungle Red is an easy to wear, brightening red on my complexion. Its lack of strong orange or blue undertones means that it'll work for a huge range of skintones. On me, Jungle Red seems to lean slightly warm, but it's an almost completely neutral red. This is my first NARS Semi Matte lipstick, and I absolutely love the formula. Though it is matte, I don't find it drying, and it lasts around 4-5 hours. The lipstick doesn't have much slip and is very lightweight, feeling like it really melds with your lips. I feel like Heat Wave is NARS' famous red, but this baby definitely deserves more attention. If you're in the market for a playful, cheery bright red, Jungle Red might be the one you're looking for!

on 12/2/2012 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok to put things in perspective.... I am a total amateur when it comes to lipsticks. I own NARS Cruising and Senorita but these are nude colours which I can apply without a mirror and I seldom wear them because I prefer lip glosses. I'm definitely a no fuss kinda gal.
I don't know what made me go into Mecca Cosmetica and look for a red lipstick but I did and basically now my life has changed haha!

I never thought that red lipstick would suit me but this is an amazing colour. I exfoliate the lips and use a Chanel lip balm to prep. I don't use a lip liner, I just apply a few layers (blotting in between) and it looks gorgeous. It has great lasting power as well. As I said I don't use a lip liner and I tried applying it with a brush but it's not really my thing. I just go straight from the tube and manage to get a pretty good application.

Yes it is a bit drying but you can apply a bit of lip balm over it as you need, it's no biggie.

Anyways, this has now opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me. I absolutely love wearing this colour.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Really sets off my fair complexion without taking over or being too much. It's an easy way to look polished quickly with little effort too. It is a bit drying but a bit of lip balm could probably fix this. It is fairly long lasting but does come off while I'm eating & drinking.

on 10/9/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is warm red with a satin finish. Can be swiped on over balm for a red stain, or more carefully applied with a brush for a classic look. I'm a warm-toned, pale-skinned sort, but don't find this an alarming, loud red at all. I have no problem wearing this in the day.