NARS Jungle Red

NARS Jungle Red
NARS jungle redJungle Redjungle red <3

4.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm always on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick for a redhead. I use MAC Dubonnet but it seems more winter appropriate than summer.
For reference, I am PPP with very pink undertones and red/auburn hair. I love how Heat Wave looks...but not on me. I saw Jungle Red next to it and gave it a try and loved it. It's definitely retro red and the perfect amount of matteness. It is a but drying though so I keep lip balm with me too. You can tone it down by blotting and it still look great. I will definitely buy again when needed.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This semi-matte red lipstick is my total HG, and I live in fear that they will discontinue it! I am on my 7th tube right now, and I wear it every day with the matching Jungle Red lipliner. I buy them 3 lipsticks and 2 lipliners at the time, and they are not cheap but they ARE worth it! I work in sales, so I need lipstick that doesn't constantly need reapplying, has a color that stays true all day and won't feather; this answers all those criteria. I have very, very fair skin (I am #2 in Giorgio Armani, Shell in Estee Lauder Double Wear, Porcelain Ivory in Laura Mercier), blue eyes, and dark brown hair if that's any indication. This is my very very favorite EVER.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This lipstick is not, as someone here wrote, 'bright red' - on me it's more orange-red, it has a tone of terracotta which I did not expect nor want. Someone also wrote that it makes her teeth sparkling white, but unfortunately it does not do that to my teeth :)
But all and all, it's a nice lipstick and a nice color!
The staying power though is unbelieveable, it lasts almost all day without any touch ups!
One lippie off for not living up to my expectations.

I'm not sure if I would buy this again, I think (besides the color) that it's a little too matte, I wish it was more creamy and shiny.

The chase for the perfekt lipstick continues!