NARS Jungle Red

NARS jungle redJungle Redjungle red <3

4.6

on 12/2/2012 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok to put things in perspective.... I am a total amateur when it comes to lipsticks. I own NARS Cruising and Senorita but these are nude colours which I can apply without a mirror and I seldom wear them because I prefer lip glosses. I'm definitely a no fuss kinda gal.
I don't know what made me go into Mecca Cosmetica and look for a red lipstick but I did and basically now my life has changed haha!

I never thought that red lipstick would suit me but this is an amazing colour. I exfoliate the lips and use a Chanel lip balm to prep. I don't use a lip liner, I just apply a few layers (blotting in between) and it looks gorgeous. It has great lasting power as well. As I said I don't use a lip liner and I tried applying it with a brush but it's not really my thing. I just go straight from the tube and manage to get a pretty good application.

Yes it is a bit drying but you can apply a bit of lip balm over it as you need, it's no biggie.

Anyways, this has now opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me. I absolutely love wearing this colour.

on 9/12/2010 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I've finally found the perfect red lipstick! I've gone through so many reds but something was always wrong - too dark (NARS Shanghai Express), too brick (MAC Dubonnet), too cool (NARS Cruella and Red Lizard), etc. Jungle Red is the perfect bright red on me. I consider it to be a neutral red with just enough pop but isn't too garish like Red Square was on me. It's a bit drying but not too bad. Nothing a little lip balm can't fix!

For reference my foundation colors are: MAC NC30, BE 1.2/2.0 light, Nars Budapest/Ceylan/Fiji.

on 5/2/2010 7:19:00 PM

junge red is a very bright orangey red matte. while i love the colour, i don't often find myself reaching for it because i find it far too drying. this is another of those lipsticks that requires alot of prep work before application.

on 5/29/2009 2:51:00 AM

i have rouge d'enfer (which is a really nice subtle brick red) and i wanted a bright "RED" red...stoplight kinda red! this color is very pretty on my warm fair complexion. i have no idea why older posts called it blue based or pink! its very much orange based. there is no color like this at mac, i believe its very unique! the formula is very nice! it's a semi-matte, so it looks creamy, opaque, and matte but it is still comfortable. staying power is great and it doesnt bleed! i didnt give it 5 yet b/c i need to wear it a few more times before i give it HG bold red l/s status.

on 12/8/2005 11:40:00 AM

Jungle red has an accompanying lip liner in the same exact shade making the perfect red lip that much easier. This red is blue based and is fairly bright, definitely the classic screen siren red. If you prefer something a little bit more subdued but still very red, try Red Lizard, which I think is infinitely more easy to wear and flatters most skintones, Jungle red will not flatter everyone, but those who it looks good on REALLY look good in it.