NARS Jungle Red

NARS Jungle Red
NARS jungle redJungle Redjungle red <3

4.6

on 5/12/2012 7:43:00 PM

This is a blue based pink-red which I do not like. It's also a bit drying. I do not find this lipstick any special. In fact there are many drugstore reds that are much better in colour and quality.

on 5/2/2010 7:19:00 PM

junge red is a very bright orangey red matte. while i love the colour, i don't often find myself reaching for it because i find it far too drying. this is another of those lipsticks that requires alot of prep work before application.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is NOT a orange-red. It is a bright blue based red. I have golden olive undertones and this doesnt quite work with me. It looks bad actually. For a real orange-red go for heatwave. That color is phenomonal. Jungle red is great for blue cool toned gals.

on 10/23/2008 11:51:00 AM

This is a great bright red color (with orange, not blue undertones), so the shade is great for my pale white skin. The only problem I have with this lipstick is the formulation. It is quite a dry lipstick. I always put lip balm on first, before I ever apply lipstick. But that doesn't seem to help in this instance. When I apply this lipstick, I have to really blend it in with the pad of a finger and almost try to make it into a "stain" on my lips. This is not therefore going to look like a nice moist, creamy red lipstick. Because of the dry formulation, it will look extremely matte on your lips.

on 6/16/2004 6:54:00 AM

As a girl with yellowish undertones, I wasn't overlly awed with this one. It is very blue so if you are coll toned, this might be something for you. It wasn't bad but it was just not for me. As always, it has a great formulation as do all NARS lipsticks

on 1/19/2016 11:08:00 PM

I have been looking for my perfect red lip shade. I have tried tons of products, and I love how Jungle Red falls on my lips. The colour is stunning, but somehow on me it leans more to orange, but not too much, but enough to complement my skin tone (I am NC20). The price is a bit expensive, but hey, it does last pretty long. The colour payoff is good and it does last on your lips. I will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Jungle Red is an amazing lipstick that will transform your look and attitude for the day.

on 10/8/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bought this for a birthday party and really loved the colour. I also normally don't like lipsticks, but it was this one by NARS that kind of turned me into an amateur lipstick junkie. :) I thought it had good staying power, as well, for all that I'm not that well versed in wearing lipstick "properly".

I do wish the lipstick was cheaper, but I understand there are far pricier brands out there.

Would purchase again.

This is my signature red. This is a retro red that I accidentally stumbled upon in Sephora while looking at Red Lizard, which looked off on me (NC 25 with strong yellow undertones, for reference). I don't know what it is, but putting this on instantly makes me feel better. It lasts a while since it's a semi-matte finish, but it will transfer and dry out your lips. NARS lipsticks have a strange scent to them, which makes me nauseous but it goes away rather quickly. NARS' semi-mattes are my favorite HE lipstick so I don't really mind this, but another possible con is the amount you get for the price you pay.

on 1/17/2012 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've bought a few red lipsticks, but so far none compare to this! My preference for the perfect red lip is a red that's bright - but not overly bright; orange undertone (instead of blue) and matte. Jungle red ticks all the boxes! I think it makes a cute AND sexy red. The only 2 things I have to complain about is the amout of product that you get. To me, you don't get as much product as other lipsticks - the bullet is slightly shorter and it does dry out my lips even though I put a lip balm before I apply this, as well as on top after application. Other than that, staying power is good, it lasted a few hours after eating a meal (although I was being careful), and it fades evenly which is another plus. Will be buying this again!!!