NARS Jungle Red

NARS jungle redJungle Redjungle red <3

4.7

on 5/11/2017 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have tons of red lipsticks but this has a special place in my collection. It's extremely versatile: it is a very casual red, think jeans, leather jacket and minimal eye make up but it can be equally worn more formally, think evening/cocktail dress/ red carpet. I am NC15 and it pulls neutral with a slight warm twist on me.
The red lipstick I would take anywhere with me!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit - 17Mar2016:
This morning I panicked! I forgot to bring Jungle Red with me to work today. Enough said how much I love, and still love this lippie (I was a lippie casanova). Have not strayed much since acquiring Jungle Red.
------------------------------------------------------
I have tons of red lippies in my drawer – most I rarely wear for more than 3 days in a row – they turned out either too shiny, too matte, too glossy, with glitter that turned out too pronounced, too much organgy or too much pink after oxidisation on my pigmented lips, the list goes on and my quest in tracking the perfect red continues – but it finally stopped two weeks ago and I have been wearing Jungle Red on my lips and nothing else since!
I dare say this is my perfect red – matte but not too drying or stark against my Asian tan/sallow complexion, and I always prefer matte lipstick provided they are not drying or accenturate my lip lines. Also, although it is a warm red with a very slight orange (which I prefer rather than blue-based ones), this does not make my teeth look more yellow than they are!
It’s just perfect and I think this may be my signature lipstick.

on 8/24/2015 6:44:00 PM

Jungle Red is a flattering soft red with a slight warmth. The texture is gorgeous, matte but velvety and not drying on my lips. Also creates a classic look, a muted bright colour so very wearable.

on 12/6/2014 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm writing this review after a few weeks of applying Jungle Red on a daily basis and I must say that I LOVE IT.

The shade of red is just perfect. The right red without orange and without blue either. It's pure red. It's elegant, classy, glamourous and flattering. Not tacky in the slightest, not screaming on your face because it's a red that speaks by itself without yelling. The shade is a clean red that doesn't need shine, glitter or s....t to make a statement. The amount of moisture is also perfect. It doesn't shine at all but it's not very matte either. It makes your lips look matte but not dry, not cakey. I would say Jungle Red is the only red I can either wear in the morning but also in the evening because it works for any occasion. In addition, as all Nars lipsticks, it has no scent at all so it doesn't interfere with your parfum or with your taste. It's just fantastic. I'll be repurchasing over and over.

on 5/12/2011 9:45:00 AM

I love this lipstick! Especially if you will be shopping all day and would like your lips to be lovely all day long through kisses, snacks etc! This is the one I love to wear. My wife borrows it all the time and she loves it too! Definitely one of the best red lipsticks around!

on 6/1/2010 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE this red. So red. On the warm red side, but really mostly a true true red.
It doesn't smell good, and shows every imperfection. I apply lipliner first over my entire lips, then slide it on. Stays forever and totally worth the price.

on 10/23/2008 11:51:00 AM

This is a great bright red color (with orange, not blue undertones), so the shade is great for my pale white skin. The only problem I have with this lipstick is the formulation. It is quite a dry lipstick. I always put lip balm on first, before I ever apply lipstick. But that doesn't seem to help in this instance. When I apply this lipstick, I have to really blend it in with the pad of a finger and almost try to make it into a "stain" on my lips. This is not therefore going to look like a nice moist, creamy red lipstick. Because of the dry formulation, it will look extremely matte on your lips.