Shu Uemura Face Powder Matte in Colorless

No Image

4.1

talc , synthetic fluorphlogopite , zinc laurate , methicone , paraffinum liquidum / mineral oil , dipentaerythrityl tetrahydroxystearate/tetraisostearate , octyldodecanol , diisostearyl malate , dimethicone/methicone copolymer , silica , aluminum dimyristate , , may contain: mica , ci 77492, ci 77499, ci 77491 / iron oxides , ci 77891 / titanium dioxide , ci 77007 / ultramarines , ci 73360 / red 30 , ci 15850 / red 7

on 11/16/2011 7:34:00 AM

I like shu products so this powder was disappointing. In comparison to my Laura Mercier powder, it didn't have good staying power. My foundation started to wear off my early afternoon. I also found that I had to use more product for better staying power and it left a bit of a white cast over my foundation for a powder that is apparently "colourless".

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's colorless and it very finely milled so it doesn't show up on my skin (fair! NC15-NC20). It's supposed to be mattifying. Well, I do get the mattifying effect the first half an hour, that is it. I am not going to re-purchase because it's just doesn't cut it for me. Packaging is horrible and makes it uncontrollable, it's just all over the place. You'll get too much product if you are not careful. It doesn't break me out - one good thing. I am really looking forward to finishing it so that I can buy something else!

on 6/30/2010 10:22:00 AM

This is my favourite loose powder, I came across it when I got it as a GWP in HK. When that ran out I bought the full sized one. The powder is so finely milled and the mesh lets through a good amount of product. Usually I find loose powders can get a bit messy, but the packaging is excellent and no fuss.

I like the fact that it is colourless and sets my makeup beautifully. It doesn't look obvious and just gives a lovely veil over my face. I use a mac 187 brush to apply as puffs get a bit yucky after a while.

All in all, this is definately a keeper, love it!

on 5/6/2011 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Overall: EXCELLENT, I'm very happy to have this product in my collection and use it daily. It is the only loose powder that has an effect on my combination skin - it sets my makeup, controls my shiny areas without highlighting my drier patches. Since I am so pale, it really is colourless on me - you would never know I was wearing powder.

Price: I believe it's around 26. I find all Shu products to be excellent value for their quality and this is no exception.

Packaging: A sturdy clear jar with a white lid and a mesh to control the powder. Nice and clean and not too bulky.

Would I buy this product again? Yes, absolutely. I will probably also buy the non-matte version for the colder months when I am not oily.

on 9/25/2009 12:28:00 PM

Love this! It truly is a matte powder and it makes my skin look great. Recommended for all skin types, although it is a bit dry!

Those of you who break out from this might want to check out octyldodecyl lanolate. I'm pretty sure it's a form of lanolin, which in it's pure form isn't supposed to be bad for acne prone skin. Neither is cosmetic grade mineral oil. Even at my greasiest stage at 15, I could still use mineral oil on my face. But I have (still have, at 33) problems with some forms of lanolins and silicones. YMMV.

I bought this due to its placement on In Style magazine's "best of" list. I agree with a previous reviewer -- it's okay, but nothing outstanding, particulary for the price tag. I agree that I can't justify spending this kind of money on loose powder when I can get a container of Coty Airspun for a fraction of the cost.

on 8/19/2006 5:13:00 PM

Not bad at all! I have light brown skin so was wary of this at first - it does look rather pink in the container. However, it is almost colourless (not fully - I do change colour slightly after putting it on, but nothing noticeable unless I overdo it!).

The container is a pain, but then again, it limits the amount that you use so that could be a blessing in disguise. I haven't had any reactions to it. Wish it controlled shine a bit better (I wear it over moisturiser, without foundation).

It's definitely the best loose powder I've found so far so I'll keep buying it until I find better.

Basically,I guess this is one of the shu uemuras clever ways of describing this loose powder as 'colorless'.In my opinion,it basically means 'translucent' powder.goes on with a white hue on it but after buffing it with my mac powder brush,it blends in flawless,however my complexion does appear lighter after the application of powder.The powder is very finely milled,once applied onto face,it feels silky to touch with a matt finish.The overall packaging is very nice,comes packaged with a powder puff fitted inside the tub,with a very tight fish netting so powder doesnt overun.No fragrance and had no allergy to it.I will be buying this product again.However this is a translucent powder,colorless is just a way of attracting more customers to a new 'so called' new dimension of powder,I hope you all agree when you try this,and you will see what I mean =).

on 8/11/2007 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

For the price of this, I would not buy it again. I found the product average; the only thing I liked was that it was finely milled, but I didn't find that it had any more staying powder than other brands.