St. Ives 24-Hour Moisture Lotion

St. Ives 24-Hour Moisture Lotion
24-Hour Moisture Lotion

Price: $

Price: $

WATER, GLYCERIN, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, UREA, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, DIMETHICONE, PEG-100 STEARATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CARBOMER, FRAGRANCE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA.

on 1/17/2015 12:44:00 AM

In Australia this can normally be purchased at Chemist Warehouse, My Chemist, Priceline and sometimes at Safeway supermarkets. It's not all that cheap at around $7-8 for a 621ml pump bottle. This actually makes it a bit more expensive than Nivea, Vaseline or Garnier which are regularly discounted, but cheaper than Aveeno or Dermaveen.

The best thing about this particular St Ives body lotion is that it is free of mineral oil. The next best thing is that it is fast absorbing and really does leave no greasy residue. The pump bottle gets most of the product out. The fragrance is fairly minimal, and it's free of parabens I don't have dry skin so I can't say whether it is good for dry skin. I don't really need to moisturise my skin every day. I tend to use body lotions when the weather is cold, or if my skin has been exposed to a lot of salt water, sun and wind.

I have ticked that I would not repurchase because I would prefer a non fragranced product and because I don't use body lotions daily. Having said that I probably would repurchase if I couldn't find something else that absorbed quickly and left no greasy residue.

on 4/18/2013 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I dont know what it is about the St Ives formulas but I am never impressed by the product. Great visuals and marketing on the labels but inside...meh...

I love moisturizers and have almost a collection. St. Ives has the most natural scent and offers a lot of moisture! I love the smell and the consistency of it. Highly recommend :)

on 3/28/2013 11:37:00 AM

Packaging is typical tacky packaging. But there is alot of product.
Product is good for desperate measure usage. It is not a highend nourishing cream but did help for a small bit of excema. Did not appear to have too much glycerine as I usually break out in small bumps when there is a lot of glycerine. Decent smell.

I am on my 2nd ginormous bottle of this stuff and its A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!!! Apply it after shower each time skin is SILKY soft literally!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it, scents vary (it depends on flavor and relief intensity etc) BUT overall A+++ (I even use it on my leather jacket after i clean it because it prolongs leather life and is super soft) thumbs up!!

Hair: Other, Kinky, Other

I bought this moisturiser after being recomended it by a friend, I use it everday twice a day after I have washed my face, morning and evening, and it does keep my skin nice and smooth, its most moisturising on my face but dosent really effect other areas, so I use palmers cocoa butter for everywhere else but my face

on 7/13/2011 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was previously using Palmers Cocoa Butter before this but thought I'd change it up as the palmers was feeling a little too heavy/greasy on my skin in the warm weather. This is a really nice lotion; it leaves my skin extremely soft and smooth to the touch. Gets rid of all dryness. It doesn't feel heavy or sticky and doesn't leave a greasy residue. I love the light soft fragrance and how intensely moisturizing yet lightweight it is.

on 6/16/2011 8:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I switched to this from Aveeno 24 hr moisture.
My Pros
- I love the way it smells.
- I love when I put it on it feels like I can feel my skin breathing or something lol It's sooo hydrating and I love it.
- it does keep make my legs smooth but not for 24 hrs

Cons
- doesn't last 24hrs as Aveeno really does
-doesn't dramatically improve my skin

EDIT:

Ive been using this for a month or so now and now I don't like it. The smell that I once liked has now gotten way too strong. It's no longer a fresh scent, it's recently been making me feel barfy. And honestly it doesn't even do much for my skin... I'm thinking about who I can give this to now and I'm going back on my search for a good lotion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've always been a huge fan of St. Ives moisturizers, and this one is no different. I recently picked up a HUGE bottle of lotion for around $5.00 at my local grocery store and have been using it all over my body with great results! My skin has never been softer. I also love that it is absorbed very quickly and has a wonderful, light scent to it. Would definitely repurchase and love the new packaging.

on 9/22/2010 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've always loved St. Ives lotions, but this one turned me off because it has a rather boring package and it's new (I think), so I've never seen or used it before. When I ran out of my normal winter-time lotion, I decided to give this one a try --BEST IDEA I'VE HAD ALL YEAR!

First off, this lotion smells HEAVENLY. It's that clean, fresh, sort-of-liked-Whipped-Silk sort of smell. It also works great; slightly heavier than Whipped Silk but not overly hydrating like Aveeno's lotions. Overall, a great lotion for all times of the year, even when you need a light boost in the summer. I love it!

Popular Lotions / Creams