St. Ives 24-Hour Moisture Lotion

24-Hour Moisture Lotion

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

WATER, GLYCERIN, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, UREA, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, DIMETHICONE, PEG-100 STEARATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CARBOMER, FRAGRANCE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA.

I use this daily after my shower. It really locks in the moisture on my dry arms and I feel baby smooth all day. The scent is a little perfumed but quite relaxing to me. The downside? My dog loves the stuff too and tries to lick it off!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My HG body lotion. It's cheap and works really well. I have dry sensitive skin and my legs become particularly dry from shaving/using a loofa/taking hot showers. However, slathering this on after the shower locks in the moisture and my legs are sooooo soft and smooth. If used continuously, your skin actually changes. Before, I had visible "wrinkles" on my legs - dry scale-y appearance , but now it's soft and smooth!

on 6/29/2018 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Love this lotion for my hands. It's got almond oil and now flax seed oil. It does restores dry hands and is perfect for the body too. Love it!

on 4/18/2013 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I dont know what it is about the St Ives formulas but I am never impressed by the product. Great visuals and marketing on the labels but inside...meh...

on 6/16/2011 8:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I switched to this from Aveeno 24 hr moisture.
My Pros
- I love the way it smells.
- I love when I put it on it feels like I can feel my skin breathing or something lol It's sooo hydrating and I love it.
- it does keep make my legs smooth but not for 24 hrs

Cons
- doesn't last 24hrs as Aveeno really does
-doesn't dramatically improve my skin

EDIT:

Ive been using this for a month or so now and now I don't like it. The smell that I once liked has now gotten way too strong. It's no longer a fresh scent, it's recently been making me feel barfy. And honestly it doesn't even do much for my skin... I'm thinking about who I can give this to now and I'm going back on my search for a good lotion.

on 4/10/2010 5:32:00 PM

I am lavish with my body lotions, I don't have particularly dry body skin, but I enjoy the application, and the effect of smooth soft skin.

However in these current straightened times, it does not do to slap on Kiehls Creme de Corps or Philosophy Amazing Grace body lotion because I don't have the funds.

I find that many high street body lotions are just not moisturising enough or are too greasy or have an unpleasant smell.

I would never have tried this body lotion if I hadn't gone to stay at my sister-in-law's, I had forgotten my body lotion and this was lurking in the cabinet, and I love it!

I like the pump, I like the texture - enough to stick to the hand and not slip everywhere when you apply, but not so thick that you get exhausted applying. The smell is faint, and the effect is lasting. And the price, at around 4.50 for 400mls, this is affordable and I am delighted.

Why only 4 lippies? It is a tinsy bit slimey, but only a tinsy bit.

It's winter time again and my skin has been just absolutely at it's worst. Extremely dry, itchy, flaky, cracking skin! I've tried Johnson's baby oil, Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion,Vaseline intensive care, Ponds, Fruits and Passion creams, Body shop lotions, Victoria secret creams, crabtree and Evelyn etc. and still, nothing compares to St Ives. Just absolutely amazed at how well this works for me. It sinks right in, no sticky after feel, no over powering scent, works right away! My goodness it's the cheapest lotion you can find too! Great bang for your buck. I must say the price did go up, but still cheaper and works better than the rest. I always go back to this after trying others. It's my holy Grail. Gotta give this a chance people. Hope it works for others as well as it works for me.

on 8/4/2016 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I am a huge fan of St Ives body lotion line. I have tried five different types ( cranberry, pear, shea butter, coconut and....can't remember the last one but it's a leaf green and white bottle). They are all unique with nice fragrance.
I love the almond 24-hour intense moisture because it is not thick in consistency compared to shea butter. I use it as a face moisturizer while I pamper my entire body with the shea butter. I kept the pear in the visitor's restroom as hand Cream. The pear fragrance is also my emergency cream when I forget to moisturize and on a hurry. All the line are parades free and cruelty free. I like the almond and yes...will repurchase when I am done with the other fragrance.

on 12/8/2015 1:17:00 PM

I switched to this because it is cheaper than aveeno but i was not impressed. Maybe because aveeno makes my skin softer. This moisturize your skin for a while but doesn't last. You need to re apply it again and again. It's good if you're in a tropical country because it's not sticky,but if it's winter that can make your skin very dry, this is not advisable. Will not re purchase this:/

on 1/17/2015 12:44:00 AM

In Australia this can normally be purchased at Chemist Warehouse, My Chemist, Priceline and sometimes at Safeway supermarkets. It's not all that cheap at around $7-8 for a 621ml pump bottle. This actually makes it a bit more expensive than Nivea, Vaseline or Garnier which are regularly discounted, but cheaper than Aveeno or Dermaveen.

The best thing about this particular St Ives body lotion is that it is free of mineral oil. The next best thing is that it is fast absorbing and really does leave no greasy residue. The pump bottle gets most of the product out. The fragrance is fairly minimal, and it's free of parabens I don't have dry skin so I can't say whether it is good for dry skin. I don't really need to moisturise my skin every day. I tend to use body lotions when the weather is cold, or if my skin has been exposed to a lot of salt water, sun and wind.

I have ticked that I would not repurchase because I would prefer a non fragranced product and because I don't use body lotions daily. Having said that I probably would repurchase if I couldn't find something else that absorbed quickly and left no greasy residue.

Popular Lotions / Creams