Clinique Acne Sol. Emergency Lotion

Clinique Acne Sol. Emergency Lotion

on 9/23/2013 7:35:00 AM

Quite simply the Emergency Lotion Gel is a miracle in a bottle!!! A family member's face broke out in the worst possible way this weekend and it was a mess. On Friday evening I ran out after reading the reviews here on MUA and purchased for her the 3-Step Acne System (foam cleanser, toner and moisturizer,) in addition to the amazing Emergency Lotion Gel and by this morning, Monday, her face was completely clear. I would never have believed it if I did not see it with my own eyes. The true hit of the Acne Solutions line is the Emergency Lotion Gel which started working overnight ..... by Saturday morning I saw a good improvement, by Sunday, her face was 85% clear and by this morning, Monday, there was no acne, it was completely gone and I owe her success to the Emergency Lotion Gel which works fast! Her only complaint was redness and dryness, which is minor compared to the acne mess she had just a few days ago.

on 12/3/2012 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have dry skin and occasionally get some small spots. At any sign of inflammation or redness I apply this and find that it usually clears up overnight! It doesn't dry out the skin at all so I can use it under makeup during the day. For actual pimples, I agree that it probably brings them to a head as other reviewers have said, but I imagine that means its speeding up the process...? I'm still using the gift with purchase size and have had it for a year now. I will definitely repurchase.

To Read all 60 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/26/2011 3:15:00 PM

Definitely a worthwhile investment - clears up blemishes in about 3 days, really easy to just use a tiny amont and sits nicely under foundation too.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Alleluia! This is the only thing that saves me during breakouts! I used to use the other Clinique Spot Healing Gel (the one with Sacycilic Acid), but that used to burn and left a weird film on my skin. This however, is perfect! It's a creme so it's blendable and it great for putting under foundation, I even put it on top sometimes for touchups throughout the day. It calms the redness instantly and if used consistently will clear up a blemish in about 3 days. The only con is that it tends to bring the pimple to a head which is kind of gross. But all in all, love love love!

on 12/20/2009 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am 30 and dealing with persistent acne. I usually stay away from bp products as I find any 'results' to be temporary and the products tend to lose their effectiveness overtime for me. On the plus side, this formula is to be used as a spot treatment and was less drying than other brands I have tried. I have been using it for about 1 month and am about 3/4 of the way through my first tube (which is small at 15ml). I do not plan to repurchase and plan to seek out more 'natural' ways to treat my skin...no more chemicals, harmful preservatives, or synthetic fillers for me!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff works for me, usually any sort of makeup/facial stuff from Clinique breaks me out and so I was a bit skeptical if this would help me at all. Ive had the same tube of this stuff for a long time and I guess it hasnt lost its potency because it still works wonders for me. I actually developed a pretty bad breakout from using their 7 day scrub cream and this was the only acne medication i had laying around so i used it. I had a few blemishes already coming up and I could feel some pretty big painful ones under my skin. I put this on before I went to bed and when I woke up I can already tell they were getting smaller.
So this cleared up my breakout and prevented the one that I was about to have so I really like it. I still use it and would probably re purchase for sure.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is one of the better spot treatments out there, but I don't like using BP as it is still very drying. However, I have had success using a tiny amount on only the SPOT, not in a large area as your skin will get scaly looking. But it does dry up the zit in a couple of days. Kind of pricey though, $20 for a little tube, but it has lasted me a while since I use it sparingly.

T_T" what a waste of money. doesn't work for me. it worsened my pimples instead of healing it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because Paula recommended in her book it as one of the best topical disinfectants. I have to say - she is right! It is a very light-weight, non-sticky cream with little/no fragrance. It helps clear up my existing pimples and stops new ones from coming up. It is far less irritating and drying than generic BZP creams I have tried. It's also more effective than the Dermalogica Medibac Overnight Gel imo. My only gripe it that it is a little hard to work into your skin at first and the tube is very small for the price. But, I would def. repurchase.

on 3/22/2009 12:08:00 AM

Excellent product. One of two products I have ever found that really clear up blackheads especially. It clears very quickly and does not dry out the non-blemished parts of my face, although sometimes it's a bit tight so remember to moisturize! The 5% BP formula is the perfect amount for me. I have used 10% formulas but they do dry out the rest of my skin horribly. This product also mattifies the skin pretty well. It's a bit pricey but for how effective it is, I don't mind. I wish I had found it sooner!