Ecco Bella FlowerColor Natural Mascara

Ecco Bella FlowerColor Natural Mascara
FlowerColor Natural MascaraEcco Bella mascara - mirror on side + wand

(2012 version) purified water, carnauba wax, palmitic acid (fatty acid from palm oil), kaolin (clay), phenoxyethanol, iron oxides.---(old version had methylparaben & propylparaben as the preservatives)

I had mine in black. Like that it is very natural and contains minimum chemicals. However, I find it a bit pricey and it takes several coats of mascara on the lashes to be visible. I have not decided whether to re-purchase, depending if I can find something better.

on 12/11/2015 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I only use mascara in order to keep my eyelashes curled. They will not remain curled just with an eyelash curler without mascara. I like a very soft eye (with pale face and medium warm-toned lip.). I only use concealer and this mascara as eye makeup. I wish this came in a paler shade than Brown. I wish I had naturally blond eyelashes! My pale blond hair is not natural; however, this mascara makes my lashes even darker, which I do not like. It is a trade-off, in order to keep my eyelashes curled better. Fortunately, this mascara really does not make my eyelashes look perceptibly longer or thicker. I am glad my lashes are short and delicate so that you don't notice much that they are not blond! This product washes off easily; very important to me.

Apparently all the unhealthy, chemically stuff is necessary if you want decent mascara, because this was dreadful. I ordered the brown, and it was the messiest, most difficult mascara I've ever tried to use. Here are a list of issues I had with this:

-it clumps, so you have to comb out your lashes after you apply it.
-the brush always gathers too much product, so you end up with a bunch of product around the lip of the tube, on the outside of the tube, on your hands, everywhere.
-it takes awhile to dry, so woe betide you if you bump your lashes or blink too much before it does.
-it runs like nobody's business. It was lightly snowing outside one of the first times I wore it. I looked in the mirror when I got home and I looked like Taylor Momsen.
-it's more temperature sensitive than my other mascaras. If the tube gets too cold it's even harder to apply.

on 8/10/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was going for a natural look, but the lashes I got did not look very natural. I tried to do more than one coat to see if it would give anything else, but I got no volume out of it. It didn't quite go to the roots, which looked bad and made a slight mess when I tried. Not very pleased with this one. I will say, the mirror on the side of the tube is a cute idea!

on 6/21/2013 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best mascara out there in the eco realm, but perhaps it's because it does have parabens in it. That is really the only downside here. You can get a good mascara at the drugstore for $6 and a good high-end one for $20. I think $10 is a reasonable price. The parabens don't irritate my eyes (like other mascars that aren't eco), and if it helps my mascara last a few more months longer, I'm a happy camper. I only use mascara on special occasions, so I only buy a new one every six months. Maybe the parabens are necessary to that end.

VERDICT: Great with some reservation. Highly recommend buying a $5 Sephora lash comb with this. Easy to clump with the new paraban-free formula. Does not stand to tears/massages, so definitely fix your mu after both lol Will repurchase. A staple in my arsenal.

on 2/6/2014 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After reading reviews on this product I was very excited to try it. Wow, was I disappointed. The mascara made my eyelashes burn and it felt horrible. I had to stop using this product after only a few days!! Perhaps this reaction was individualized just to me. On the plus side, this product has a mirror attached to the back of the tube. It is a very handy tool. I have not throw away the mascara yet, simply because I use the mirror.

on 4/24/2012 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

My former HG mascara was MAC Optimum Black, but I've stopped buying MAC since its parent company, Estee Lauder, started animal testing.

I'm pleased to say that cruelty-free Flowercolor seems to be a strong contender for my new favorite mascara.

Flowercolor(in Black) is a nice deep black, neither conspicuously glossy nor flat dull matte. Applied over primer (I'm using Urban Decay), Flowercolor goes on smoothly, doesn't clump, and it lengthens my naturally unimpressive lashes well. It doesn't impart a lot of volume or thickness, but I'm interested mainly in length, anyhow. It gives a sort of "fluttery,' natural look, and I like that.

Flowercolor is moderately priced, at around $17.95, and it available at eccobella.com, betterlife.com, and other sites. If it wears well on my very oily skin, this may be my new HG.

on 7/17/2012 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Finally, a natural mascara that doesn't bother my eyes! I have tried every other brand out there and either they have strong perfumes, just make my eyes itchy, didn't work well, weren't as natural as I wanted... there was always something! I had worn this and liked it years ago, but it had parabens in it, so I started hunting for something better. Ecco Bella has reformulated this and the new ingredients list has no parabens - yay! So I tried it again.
It doesn't really lengthen much, but that isn't something I'm that interested in. It thickens, darkens, and just makes my lashes look more "there" but in a very nice natural way. It doesn't smudge on me and I have allergies and put eyedrops in a few times a day. Its a little less expensive if you buy on Vitacost or somewhere like that, but I've noticed you sometimes get old product from them, so if you want the new formula, buying right from Ecco Bella might be worth it to you! I'll buy this forever, its perfect!

on 9/29/2012 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have searched high and low for a non-irritating mascara and spent hours researching on the net, and after all the glowing reviews I thought this was finally it, but it doesn't work for me. I've tried so many mascaras in the last few years - normal mascaras, waterproof mascaras, Almay, Clinique, Boots sensitive, fibre/non-fibre, natural/organic, black, brown, you name it. To give Ecco Bella credit, it has probably been the best so far for lack of irritation and has great staying power for a natural mascara, but even though I don't get visibly bloodshot eyes with this it can still make my eyes feel a bit raw and look tired after a couple of hours. It's a lovely smooth formula that goes on evenly and gives a natural 'tinted' effect. Stays on quite well, but I find it hard to remove completely - it seems to come off with either silicone remover or Take the Day off balm (Clinique) - followed by regular cleanser - but in the morning I always find a residue under my eyes that's resistant to removal, and often bloodshot eyes as well from the residue that's gone in my eyes.

In the end the subtle effect from this isn't worth it, and having discovered that tubing mascaras work for me (!!) and don't budge at all, I've realised that all the waxy ones haven't worked because they've all migrated into my eyes to varying degrees. So if you're like me and have virtually given up on mascaras (preferring natural lashes and clear eyes to dark lashes with red eyes!), give something like Clinique Lash Power a shot.

on 4/2/2012 5:51:00 PM

I like this mascara ,it's so cute has a little mirror on the back,does not clump up or dry out eye lashes for me,most products usually would dry out my lashes and make them fall out after awhile, this did not do that at all! GIVES A VERY NAUTAL LOOK. Does not lenghthen dramatically.