Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15
image 1image 2image 3

3.5

oxtinoxate 7.49% * oxybenzone 2% * beeswax * castor seed oil * jojoba seed oil * hydrogenated decyl olive esters * grapeseed oil * fragrance (parfum) * carnauba wax * wheat germ oil * sucrose tetrastearate triacetate * blackcurrant seed oil * meadowfoam seed oil * apricol kernel oil * avocado oil * macadamia ternifolia seed oil * safflower seed oil * sunflower seed oil * retinyl palmitate * tocopherol * ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate * citral * benzyl alcohol * benzyl benzoate * geraniol * limonene * linalool * BHT

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product, no doubt! I own at least 5 dozens of lip products, and this might as well be one of the tubes I keep in my top drawer and purse. I used the original colourless one, but I haven't tried the tinted ones yet. I really like the scent of it, it smells some what citrus-y and sweet, and just delicious. Unlike every other brands, the scent does stay in pretty long. To be honest, if your skin is already greasy, I wouldn't suggest this product because hell, it has quite a strong moisturising effect that would last half the day! It softened my lips, and I usually wear this on day time. On night time, I would wear la mer balm, or something more organic, or even the Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment. One of my favourite things about this product is the packaging. In order for you to open it up, you have to twist the cap, which is really handy if you are always on a run and have to stuff things in your purse. Overall, I love love this product and I sure would buy it again if I have the chance.

on 5/19/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I noticed I have not reviewed these yet, which is surprising given the fact I've been using the Fresh tinted balms since they hit Sephora years ago.

My biggest gripes about the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments are:
-The lemongrass taste/smell (I despise this).
-The shade selection! I'm best off buying the clear one because none of the colors impress me. When they released Petal I got my hopes up that it'd be the warm baby pink I had hoped for. Instead it was a medium brown toned pink.
-The price. If I'm not in love with the shades and therefore only getting a clear one, I should be paying about $10. Not $20+.

What do I like about the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments then? The formula. These give my chronic dry lips relief almost immediately. I love to sleep with it on overnight. My lips are always left soooo soft, plumped, and hydrated. I like the formula so much that I'm willing to forgive the cons and still give it a high rating. Editing to add: Im taking away a lippie because I experimented for a few nights and am disappointed with the results. These DEFINITELY add hydration to my lips. That hasn't changed. However I noticed something very odd recently - the skin on my lips doesnt peel off in the morning like it does with other quality balms. The dead skin stays put on my lips even though its thoroughly hydrated. :\ I prefer for the dead skin to peel off when i go to wipe my lips because that leaves my lips exfoliated. If any of you need clarification on this, feel free to PM me.

These should come in tube form or something. I would hate a tub as that's unhygienic. But the lipstick form makes them super easy to break. I wouldn't want Fresh to make them less soft because that might affect the formula that I love so much.

Are they my favorite lip products? No.
Is there a drugstore option I'd prefer? Yes, Burt Bees tinted balms (no sugar though).
Is there a dead on drugstore dupe? Covergirl tried with their Oh Sugar! balms but the Fresh is much more balmy. I prefer the Fresh but CG has better shade options.
Would I repurchase? Probably.

To Read all 577 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Some products just aren't worth the hype and Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment balms are a prime example.
I got two trial size balms from Sephora and while they're nice, I don't think they're worth the full retail price.
Why?
They melt very easily so carrying them around in my makeup bag during the summer is a
no-no. They also break off easily and that shouldn't happen given the price point. RoC makes a similar textured lip balm that doesn't melt or break off and it's a lot cheaper too. Unfortunately it gives me white bumps along my upper lip line so I can't use it.

Fortunately, the Fresh ones don't give me that reaction. I've used up these trial size ones and I'll be glad to toss them.

I love this stuff it keeps my lips soft all day long and smells divine.

on 2/14/2016 11:14:00 PM

Oh, Holy Grail, I wish I knew how to quit you. You're expensive and fragile - you melt easily and tend to break just before I'm officially done with you. But how can I when you're the only one who works?

Seriously. I thought I was absolutely doomed to have a lifetime of chapped, dry lips; everything I tried before would just sit on top of them, totally useless. All through high school and beyond I'd try Lush balms, Burt's Bees, Chapstick, Blistex... all failures. But as cheesy as this sounds, when I tried these, my life was changed. I'm now a lipstick addict partly because these got my lips to a state where I could actually wear them. I'm forever grateful to the Sephora employee who first turned me onto these.

So far, I've gone through tubes of Rosé (my personal favorite color, a pinkish-red), Honey (a brownish nude), and the untinted balm in a mix of the deluxe sample and full sizes. They have a nice citrus flavor/scent, leave a subtle tint, and completely renew my lips. The price tag pains me (especially now that it's gone up to $24), though at least I know I'm paying for something that a) consistently works for me; b) that I know I'll finish.

If you want to try these, I'd recommend going for a mini set first (or wait until Sephora offers them as a point perk, since they've done that before). However, the downside is that the minis tend to break more easily once you've neared the end of them - in my experience, the full sizes have been sturdier in that regard. Also, do NOT put these in your pocket or leave them in a hot area, because they WILL get soft and possibly melt.

If I was being objective, these should probably be 4 lippies because of the price tag and fragility problems, but they've been SO beneficial to me that I can't rate them anything less than 5. I love them to death.

on 12/7/2015 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this in a Fresh gift set. I LOVE it. Super moisturizing and I love that the tops twists on and off. I will definitely get another when I run out

I'm sorry but why do companies sell $30 lip balms that don't actually moisturize? My blistex lip medex pot is so much better than this. It really doesn't make your lips feel much better, they still feel dry and cracked. BUT i will say that i gave this extra stars simply because of the thickness and the scent of the lip balm, i love the lemon smell and on days when my lips arent having issues, it's alright.

on 11/27/2015 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is absolutely amazing! EVERYTHING that goes on your lips either triggers a cold sore or causes an allergy. I'm usually left with only vaseline to try to moisturize. I was given the old liquid version of this and was blown away. This is just as good. It moisturizes my always dry lips, and causes zero reaction! Amazing product, last forever too so the price doesn't bother me at all!

on 10/16/2015 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Probably the best tinted lip balm I've ever tried. I rely on tinted lip balms like burt's bees for my everyday makeup look, and this kept my lips super moisturised throughout the day. My packaging is beautiful. The texture of the balm is drier and less oily than a lot of the other ones I have but it's perfect for going out. My only issue is that it's ridiculously overpriced ($33 here) and I'm currently considering if i want to repurchase it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A nice lip balm that moisturizes dry parched lips for hours. You don't have to keep reapplying it every 20 mins or so. I would repurchase it if I have a surplus of cash and want to be wasteful otherwise it's just too pricey to justify buying all the time.

Update: worked well during the warm months but now that it's cooler, this lip balm does not moisturize and makes the lips feel super dry and cracked. Glad I didn't purchase a back up.

Popular Lip Treatments