3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Not to be confused with the advanced version which is heavenly. This one sucks. I feel ripped off especially with the high price tag.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

I bought this because I had a Sephora gift card and was recommended it by a friend. First of all, the price (CAD$29) is ridiculous, and I would never buy this if I didn't have a gift card. The packaging is quite nice and feels nice to hold, hasn't accidentally opened in my bag etc., but the actual product leaves something to be desired. I was hoping for a tinted lip balm that gave me a bit of colour so I purchased the shade Ruby, but it's honestly more like a lipstick. It's very smooth and creamy so applies easily, but I find that it doesn't last very long before my lips start feeling dry and I need to reapply. Unlike a lipstick that sinks in/stains a bit, the colour kind of sits on top of the lips, so if you accidentally touch your lips it just comes right off. I found it really annoying to have to keep reapplying this, especially since I usually don't like to wear lipstick because it's so fussy, and you have to keep an eye on it in case it rubs off and you're left with partially-covered lips. Even as a "lip treatment" I didn't really think it did a very good job, and I get better results with my favourite drugstore lip balm that costs $5.99. Would not repurchase.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This Fresh Sugar Lip Balm is super emollient, applies easily, and lasts forever. The cost is quite high for a lip balm and I am not fond of the scent. I am overly sensitive to "flowery" scents so it might just be me - which is why I gave said I would not buy it again.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This balm feels emollient but I find that the moisture doesn't last long and I have to reapply frequently. Although it's marked SPF 15, it lacks ingredients needed for UVA protection. For the price ($30 CAD), I would expect UVB AND UVA protection.

About reviewer (446 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I got balm "candy" a true fuschia shade and smells like soda or sthg. The scent is ok. Best lip balm ever! I lov the sweet pink color on my lips and the product is buttery soft .. (careful not to smear the soft mushy wax). It looks like lipstick and lasts and lasts even after meals and leaves a stain. I understand why ppl lov this in winter but right thru summer this shade rocks!! This baby is def gonna accompany me for my beach vacay!! I prolly get another shade like petal, rose or plum. I'm even planning using this shade for a wedding look for bridals cos its a sweet color and very hydrating. This is the most expensive lip balm price i have ever paid but the color payoff and long lasting quality justifies the price. You get a lot of product in the tube. I also like the bright pink bullet that looks nice and easy to find in my makeup bag. Celebrities endorsing this:- Megan Markle, Sophia Vergara Recommend Yes, buy!

About reviewer (284 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

This is a repeat splurge for me. I first received it as a Sephora birthday gift a few years back and I've been hooked ever since. There is just something about this formula that works really well for me; I've tried their other lip products and they just don't seem to perform as well as this one does. I use this over lip liner and under lip gloss or lipstick and my lips stay nice and hydrated all day. I bought a spare for my purse because I never want to be without it.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Tan, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

It is a great product (although my lips don't usually get too dry) but I like to use it occasionally to indulge in the smell. The only thing is, the price is RIDICULOUS. For that reason I'm not sure I'll buy it again, plus I only use it occasionally anyway so I don't run out.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

3 years ago

A really good luxurious lip balm. It has a very thick, waxy feel. I think it really soothes my lips when they're chapped. I don't wear this often, maybe because I can't justify the price. I love the lemon/lime scent. The packaging is heavy and made of metal, so it feels expensive too. Not entirely sure if I would buy again tbh but it was fun to try it out ...

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

from

3 years ago

My brother volunteered at some place and got a HUGE bag of stuff that's supposed to help with sleep. He gave it to my mom, who put it in her closet and it's stayed there for months. Today she and I opened it up and sorted through the stuff. Lavender spray, body oil, a SOUND MACHINE (lucky). Then there was this stuff. I have no idea why there was a $24 lip balm in there, but mom gave it to me, and it's pretty good. I've been dealing with dry, chapped peeling lips all wintertime and it changed the texture of my lips pretty well. There's not much in the tube, and it's super delicate. But I like it. The tube is cute too. It's brownish red and the stuff smells like lemon candy, but lighter. The spf 15 is a plus too. If only it weren't so incredibly overpriced. I just looked up the price and wow. Someone gave away a $24 lip balm. Good stuff. I've only used stuff like baby lips and eos, so this is god compared to them. Since I definitely won't be repurchasing, I'm gonna use it ONLY when my lips really need it.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

3 years ago

I really don't understand the hype about this lip treatment. It dried out my lips so much. I tried over and over again with different tints because I thought it had to be in my imagination since everyone loved them, but they just didn't work. They're also incredibly overpriced, and would still be overpriced even if they did work. You can get a better lip treatment at the drugstore for a third of the price. They also melt super easily and broke me out around my lip line. No thank you.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool