Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15
Fresh Sugar Lip TreatmentsFresh Sugar lip balm - deep tube!!Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.6

oxtinoxate 7.49% * oxybenzone 2% * beeswax * castor seed oil * jojoba seed oil * hydrogenated decyl olive esters * grapeseed oil * fragrance (parfum) * carnauba wax * wheat germ oil * sucrose tetrastearate triacetate * blackcurrant seed oil * meadowfoam seed oil * apricol kernel oil * avocado oil * macadamia ternifolia seed oil * safflower seed oil * sunflower seed oil * retinyl palmitate * tocopherol * ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate * citral * benzyl alcohol * benzyl benzoate * geraniol * limonene * linalool * BHT

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

A really good luxurious lip balm. It has a very thick, waxy feel. I think it really soothes my lips when they're chapped. I don't wear this often, maybe because I can't justify the price. I love the lemon/lime scent. The packaging is heavy and made of metal, so it feels expensive too. Not entirely sure if I would buy again tbh but it was fun to try it out ...

on 5/3/2017 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

My brother volunteered at some place and got a HUGE bag of stuff that's supposed to help with sleep. He gave it to my mom, who put it in her closet and it's stayed there for months. Today she and I opened it up and sorted through the stuff. Lavender spray, body oil, a SOUND MACHINE (lucky). Then there was this stuff. I have no idea why there was a $24 lip balm in there, but mom gave it to me, and it's pretty good. I've been dealing with dry, chapped peeling lips all wintertime and it changed the texture of my lips pretty well. There's not much in the tube, and it's super delicate. But I like it. The tube is cute too. It's brownish red and the stuff smells like lemon candy, but lighter. The spf 15 is a plus too. If only it weren't so incredibly overpriced. I just looked up the price and wow. Someone gave away a $24 lip balm.
Good stuff.
I've only used stuff like baby lips and eos, so this is god compared to them. Since I definitely won't be repurchasing, I'm gonna use it ONLY when my lips really need it.

on 3/7/2017 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really don't understand the hype about this lip treatment. It dried out my lips so much. I tried over and over again with different tints because I thought it had to be in my imagination since everyone loved them, but they just didn't work. They're also incredibly overpriced, and would still be overpriced even if they did work. You can get a better lip treatment at the drugstore for a third of the price.

They also melt super easily and broke me out around my lip line. No thank you.

on 11/23/2016 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Best lip balm with SPF ever. This works so well on my super dry, chapped lips. Everyday I struggle with keeping my lips moisturized, but once I put this on, it instantly changes the texture. I love to use this when I plan to put lipstick on. Helps A LOT in preventing my lips from drying due to matte lippies.

on 10/16/2016 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Some lip balms seal in moisture or heal chapped lips or add moisture or provide a base for over lip products. Fresh's Sugar lip balm heals chapped lips and adds moisture. This is why I only use this product at night. This heals my chapped lips and softens them. I cannot apply this as a base for lipstick, everything would slide right off. This lip balm does not have great staying power, hence I liken it more to a night treatment.

I'd only buy this if I had extra funds.

I bought this balm in the shade 'honey' and I really love this! Very moisturizing with a lovely pop of colour left on lips. Lasts forever on lips if you aren't a lip smacker like me lol. It has a nice citrus scent and the tube cap twists on at the base so it will never fall off! Only downfalls are 1) super soft buttery formula, which feels nice on lips but causes melting/denting of product. 2) price is too crazy. If this were 11-15 dollars I would be happy but $24Cad is way too much.
I will repurchase but it will sting my wallet lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This stuff is pretty great. What keeps me from buying again is the price tag. $24 (2016)

I have the clear one and it's glides on so smooth, moisturizes so well. When I was on ACCUTANE. I was digging the last bit out so i could rub in on my lips. It's that fantastic. Also felt it made my lips shiny and full.

I have to say that I like this balm, it's my type of consistency, it glides on very smoothly and is waxy in texture. It moisturises well enough, but the price tag is what puts me off. There is no taste to it, but there is a lovely smell.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I love this product, no doubt! I own at least 5 dozens of lip products, and this might as well be one of the tubes I keep in my top drawer and purse. I used the original colourless one, but I haven't tried the tinted ones yet. I really like the scent of it, it smells some what citrus-y and sweet, and just delicious. Unlike every other brands, the scent does stay in pretty long. To be honest, if your skin is already greasy, I wouldn't suggest this product because hell, it has quite a strong moisturising effect that would last half the day! It softened my lips, and I usually wear this on day time. On night time, I would wear la mer balm, or something more organic, or even the Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment. One of my favourite things about this product is the packaging. In order for you to open it up, you have to twist the cap, which is really handy if you are always on a run and have to stuff things in your purse. Overall, I love love this product and I sure would buy it again if I have the chance.

on 5/19/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I noticed I have not reviewed these yet, which is surprising given the fact I've been using the Fresh tinted balms since they hit Sephora years ago.

My biggest gripes about the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments are:
-The lemongrass taste/smell (I despise this).
-The shade selection! I'm best off buying the clear one because none of the colors impress me. When they released Petal I got my hopes up that it'd be the warm baby pink I had hoped for. Instead it was a medium brown toned pink. {Editing to add 10/4/2016: I rediscovered a full size Rose shade I had bought a few years ago and abandoned. It's actually quite nice, but still not that baby pink I want.)
-The price. If I'm not in love with the shades and therefore only getting a clear one, I should be paying about $10. Not $20+.

What do I like about the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments then? The formula. These give my chronic dry lips relief almost immediately. I love to sleep with it on overnight. My lips are always left soooo soft, plumped, and hydrated. I like the formula so much that I'm willing to forgive the cons and still give it a high rating. Editing to add: Im taking away a lippie because I experimented for a few nights and am disappointed with the results. These DEFINITELY add hydration to my lips. That hasn't changed. However I noticed something very odd recently - the skin on my lips doesnt peel off in the morning like it does with other quality balms. The dead skin stays put on my lips even though its thoroughly hydrated. :\ I prefer for the dead skin to peel off when i go to wipe my lips because that leaves my lips exfoliated. If any of you need clarification on this, feel free to PM me.

These should come in tube form or something. I would hate a tub as that's unhygienic. But the lipstick form makes them super easy to break. I wouldn't want Fresh to make them less soft because that might affect the formula that I love so much.

Are they my favorite lip products? No.
Is there a drugstore option I'd prefer? Yes, Burt Bees tinted balms (no sugar though).
Is there a dead on drugstore dupe? Covergirl tried with their Oh Sugar! balms but the Fresh is much more balmy. I prefer the Fresh but CG has better shade options.
Would I repurchase? Probably.