Garden Botanika Heart perfume spray

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.5

on 4/20/2017 8:10:00 AM

There used to be a Garden Botanika store in a mall near me. I loved their products and Heart became a favorite of mine. The store closed years ago and when I ran out of Heart I used other scents. I don't know what triggered my memory but I repurchased Heart from a seller on eBay a few weeks ago and am so glad I did. Heart is very floral, yet light with a hint of cedar wood thrown in. It lasts all day on me and after a yoga session in the evening, I can still smell it. This is one unobtrusive scent. I only wish it was easier to find. Garden Botanika used to have a pretty catalogue but is now part of a larger website. It's makeup is gone but some of its fragrances and skincare exist. It is a great line and affordable.

on 7/6/2012 1:09:00 AM

This is a light, fresh, floral scent that is not powdery or sugary sweet, but very light. I love how crisp it smells and I find that I wear it all the time night or day, or for many occasions where I wear fragrance. Sometimes when it's too crisp for my mood, I layer it w/a spritz of Amazing Grace, which to me has a clean, soapy smell and the blend works well for me. I really enjoy this combo, esp after a shower! :-)

I received a sample of the body lotion in this scent and really liked it. My son gave me a bottle of the EDP for Christmas and I love it. It is very fresh and clean. Almost like a strongly scented french soap. Although it doesn't say it has rose in it - I get a light bit of it (maybe it's the peony). Soft, fresh, floral. I do not get any citrus. I will buy this again when I run out!

Update: 1/24/11. I am so in love with this. It has become my signature. I can barely tolerate other scents now - they seem so "overdone" and strong. I do get a hint of citrus - like a light lemon at first spritz. But still such a soft, beautiful, clean fragrance. I won't run out of this!

on 11/1/2010 9:14:00 AM

This has been my Holy Grail perfume or body mist. I have both and use the perfume whenever I'm going out in the night or when I needed a stronger staying power, and I use the body mist whenever I would just go out for a while or I use it to school.

I have allergic rhinitis and my nose is VERY sensitive when it comes to perfume that I can't even walk past the perfume alley in malls without sneezing and getting allergies the next day. I have been using glow by J.Lo and I really loved it because that's the scent I was looking for. But it became too expensive for me and it just never helped my allergic rhinitis.

My mom bought me a milder yet almost similar scent which is this heart perfume by garden botanika. I LOVED IT. Even my friends notice how good I smell and they just can't stop whiffing my clothes! What's more to love about heart is that it is affordable and will last you a long time.

Definitely will continue using it until the rest of time <3

on 12/12/2006 8:37:00 PM

I am so confused by all the good reviews! All this reminded me of was a dryer sheet! I tried it twice, but couldn't shake the sense that I rubbed myself with fabric softener, :-0 I just don't see what all the raves are for?
EDIT: Ok, I gave it a few more shots...and surprise, it really dries down to a nice soft vanilla type scent, very subtle. I upped my review to 4 lippies, but it still has that initial 'dryer sheet' scent, although that fades pretty quickly!

on 5/1/2006 12:05:00 PM

I have never smelled such a clean and delicious scent! I found it the way most people do -someone I was near was wearing it. When I asked about it she said that EVERYONE always asks about it and that I should get ready to give out the same information once I start wearing it. Well, it's true; I've turned so many people onto Heart. I've even tried going back to my prior favorite scent (I had been wearing Annick Goutal eau d'Hadrien for years) and just couldn't bear being without Heart - so I re-showered and put on Heart! IT saves me a LOT of money too; it costs a fraction of Annick.

on 11/21/2005 6:38:00 PM

This is my mom's signature fragrance. I love walking into her bedroom after she's just taken a shower in the master bath - she layers with the body lotion and with the spray, and the scent fills both rooms. It's so warm and cozy and clean and sweet, and it's become a comfort scent for me, as it reminds me of home.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have loved this fragrance for about 10 years now. There is nothing else like it and it is very hard to describe...kind of soap-like, yet sweet. When I wear this I keep smelling myself because it smells so good. I wish GB had kept Soul around too, cause that was also a very nice fragrance.

I feel guilty giving this a less than stellar review, having read glowing reports about Heart; however, I found that, while it has a pleasantly floral and somewhat soapy scent, it was nothing I could get very excited over. The dry down did indeed reveal a small aspect of cedar (as promised), but I didn't detect citrus (not on me, anyway). It faded fairly significantly within a short time, leaving a watery watermelon-ish scent behind which didn't exactly sparkle on and on. I will certainly finish the bottle, for it feels refreshing when first applied, but I'm not knocked out so that I'd buy it again.

on 11/22/2003 8:36:00 PM

My high school boyfriend loved this scent.

Popular Fragrances