Garden Botanika Heart perfume spray

No Image

4.7

I feel guilty giving this a less than stellar review, having read glowing reports about Heart; however, I found that, while it has a pleasantly floral and somewhat soapy scent, it was nothing I could get very excited over. The dry down did indeed reveal a small aspect of cedar (as promised), but I didn't detect citrus (not on me, anyway). It faded fairly significantly within a short time, leaving a watery watermelon-ish scent behind which didn't exactly sparkle on and on. I will certainly finish the bottle, for it feels refreshing when first applied, but I'm not knocked out so that I'd buy it again.

on 7/6/2012 1:09:00 AM

This is a light, fresh, floral scent that is not powdery or sugary sweet, but very light. I love how crisp it smells and I find that I wear it all the time night or day, or for many occasions where I wear fragrance. Sometimes when it's too crisp for my mood, I layer it w/a spritz of Amazing Grace, which to me has a clean, soapy smell and the blend works well for me. I really enjoy this combo, esp after a shower! :-)

on 12/12/2006 8:37:00 PM

I am so confused by all the good reviews! All this reminded me of was a dryer sheet! I tried it twice, but couldn't shake the sense that I rubbed myself with fabric softener, :-0 I just don't see what all the raves are for?
EDIT: Ok, I gave it a few more shots...and surprise, it really dries down to a nice soft vanilla type scent, very subtle. I upped my review to 4 lippies, but it still has that initial 'dryer sheet' scent, although that fades pretty quickly!

on 8/27/2006 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Garden Botanika describes this as "citrus, floral and cedar notes, deepened with a hint of warm musk". I smell a soft, soapy floral with cedar. I like it, and look forward to wearing it more in the fall. Will likely be using this bottle for quite a while; unlikely that I will repurchase as it is not a favorite of mine.

on 7/25/2005 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of my favorites for a clean, refreshing fragrance! Beautiful, feminine, sexy, soft and slightly soapy, Heart is a slightly sweet, fresh floral with notes of rosebuds, and pink jasmine.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love Heart. I just repurchased the EDP online for $22.50 for a 3.38 oz size. It smells fantastic! Clean, slightly soapy smelling, fresh, citrus floral with a hint of cedar and musk. I don't get any watermelon here! It is hard not to like this scent. A great value & I will definitely keep this as a staple.
Minus one lippie- the cedar note in the opening is a bit sharp, but it wears off quickly. Smells better layered.

not a really nice package, but its the best smelling of all the others (purity, etc)and its only about 15 bucks

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

For all of you who are having difficulty finding Garden Botanika Heart products, Amazon carries them all. I even have the lotion sent to me automatically every three months. I love the clean smell and receive compliments regularly on how good I smell. Hope this helps.

on 4/20/2017 8:10:00 AM

There used to be a Garden Botanika store in a mall near me. I loved their products and Heart became a favorite of mine. The store closed years ago and when I ran out of Heart I used other scents. I don't know what triggered my memory but I repurchased Heart from a seller on eBay a few weeks ago and am so glad I did. Heart is very floral, yet light with a hint of cedar wood thrown in. It lasts all day on me and after a yoga session in the evening, I can still smell it. This is one unobtrusive scent. I only wish it was easier to find. Garden Botanika used to have a pretty catalogue but is now part of a larger website. It's makeup is gone but some of its fragrances and skincare exist. It is a great line and affordable.

I generally don't like perfume very much, but this one changed my mind. Once I smelled it I was hooked. I get compliments every time I wear it. A light, beautiful, clean scent.

Popular Fragrances