The Body Shop Olive body scrub

The Body Shop Olive body scrub

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/27/2016 11:29:00 PM

A lovely body exfoliator, I use it in the shower everywhere I shave to stop ingrowns before shaving and on the following day or two. It works fabulously and moisturizes to boot! Nice and creamy.

Smells really good, earthy and subtle. The scent doesn't interfere with other products.

Only complaint is the packaging. Im always terrified that I'll drop it all over the shower while it's open and lose it all. Terrible! Gets water in it from my soaking self.

Definitely getting another when this one runs out and going to try another scent of the cream scrub too.

on 2/25/2016 12:08:00 PM

The Body Shop's Olive Body Butter is one of my all-time favourites, so I was excited to try this body scrub. Unfortunately, this is a perfect example of how two products from the same range can smell dramatically different.

Instead of the fresh olive scent I've come to love with the body butter, this body scrub smelt more like almond marzipan. The scent lessened as I applied it, but the scrub wasn't effective at all. I just find the TBS cream-based body scrubs aren't as good as their sugar-based ones and this was no exception.

I did use it all up, mainly because I'd spent £13.00 on it and didn't want to waste it, but I definitely won't be repurchasing it. I'll just stick with the body butter from now on.

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/25/2016 12:22:00 AM

Nice and gentle body scrub. Very good on sensitive skin and is nice and light. Leaves my skin feeling very soft and clean. I don't know how I feel about the smell, it isn't bad, it is a very "earthy" smell and smells very clean but doesn't really smell anything like "olives" and not how I expected it to smell. Overall I think this is a good product, does the job. Nice packaging and at a decent price but wouldn't go out of my way to repurchase:)

on 6/7/2015 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

it's the first time i've used a body scrub and i had a pleasant experience using this scrub. i like the smell and my body feels so smooth after scrubbing. let's see how my lotion applies after scrubbing. should absorb better.

I actually like this product.

I noticed that using this in my routine has helped reduce my backne.
It is not harsh and doesn't leave the skin dry.

I just wish the container was bigger.

on 1/15/2014 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

BEST-SMELLING PRODUCT EVER. Honestly I had to stop myself from using every single day (for it is after all a scrub) but it smells so heavenly and leaves my skin so smooth and silky and healthy that I didn't believe it was a supposedly harsh product to the skin at all! Highly recommended for those hot summer days - or a nice Sunday pampering sesh.

on 7/29/2011 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The particular Olive body scrub is a must-have for the summer time bronzing kit. It smells sooooo nice in the shower, and has a creamy emolient base with granular beads that helps to remove dead skin and keep the skin feeling soft and moisturised. I got roughly 10 applications work with this tub, working generously on rough patchy areas like the elbow and knees, priming your skin for self-tanning products.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Very unexpected. I have the driest most allergy prone skin in the world and this product made my skin (face) smooth, soft and didn't break me out AT ALL. Very impressed by the smell also. Very mild.

Love love love this scrub! I am sensitive to lots of fragrance and this one doesn't offend - it's lightly scented and not over the top perfumey. I use it on my arms and hands in the shower regularly to keep them soft. Price isn't the best, but the product is. This is HG for me!

on 6/19/2011 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Have used this product for several years. Great body scrub product. Efficient, but no too harsh on sensitive skin. Leaves skin feeling both smooth and moisturized. Smell best of TBS product range.