Pureology Pure Volume

No Image

3.4

Not tested on animals

Botanicals of Rose, Sandalwood, Geranium, Basil (Certified Organic), Cetearyl Alcohol, Quaternium 91, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cyclomethicone, Glycereth 26, Polysorbate 60, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polyquaternium 37, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, C11 15 Pareth 7, Laureth 9, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Wheat Amino Acids Protein Complex, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract (Heligenol), Cinnamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride (sunscreen), Melanin, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Super Oxide Dismutase (antioxidants), Butylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 55, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1, Trideceth 6, Hydroxypropyl Guar Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Aromatherapy Fragrance

If you have fine hair, please please please don't waste your money on this garbage! NOT like the other Pureology formulas!! My hair felt like straw and started falling out. Not 100% sure if the hair falling out was a coincidence, but I know for a fact that it tangled my hair and made it feel awful! And the jumbo bottle was $66!!!

on 8/25/2017 2:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Avoid if you have fine and dry hair. I like a nice volumising product as I have fairly fine hair. I usually only buy cheap shampoos and wanted to try something more expensive and special. Was really disappointed however with this as it completely dried my hair out. It barely lathers and made my hair really tangly and knotty and didn't give volume either. Only used it twice and won't be using again due to such bad results.

I'm taking off one lippie because of the scent. It smells like a men's aftershave and is strong and lingers on the hair. I can live with the scent because the shampoo itself is quite nice, but I do find the scent quite offputting and so an equally good shampoo with a better scent would pull me away from this one and cause me never to buy it again.

Other than the scent, this is a wonderful shampoo. It made my hair look nice and smooth by not weighted down. I have long, straight hair that is prone to a frizz halo, especially with certain shampoos, but this shampoo tamed everything down and made my hair look nice and full and yet straight and shiny and bouncy.

If only they would give it a nicer scent. Companies need to test product scents with a test panel before putting them in their product. Just look at how many negative comments there are in these reviews about the scent of this shampoo!

on 5/31/2015 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the biggest disappointments ever. I bought this recently just because I wanted to try something completely new, and volumizing shampoos are typically ok for my hair though I don't really need them.

This stuff smells not so good. I used to have this lavender scented patchouli and that is exactly what this smells like. It is strong and off putting, but at least it doesn't linger for long after washing.

It does give some volume, but not that much. Left my hair really dull and lifeless. After using it a few times it's better now but still not a good product.

I cannot believe I paid $27 for such a small bottle or something that works the same as a $3 bottle from the drug store. Never again!

I have naturally thick dark short hair that is chemically relaxed and colored monthly.

For all of you who relax their hair chemically you know how the hair becomes limp and 'bone straight' making it somewhat difficult to style ( think spikes- semi Mohawk)

I was using Kerastase for years and years until I came across this which is also owned by L'Oréal.

Can I say I absolutely love this shampoo. Its ability to supercharge my bone straight and cleanse it very well simultaneously is beyond me.

For those who have longer hair I would probably suggest the matching conditioner or whatever you feels works best as it does leave the "squeaky clean" but volumised for sure.

A little squirt makes heaps and heaps of bubbles. It's so concentrated it's beyond me.

I hope Pureology does not "improve" the formula as I usually find this means the opposite.

10/10!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My hair - fine (but lots of it!), coloured (natural dark blonde, dyed nearly black), and wavy, with a tendancy to go flat on top with a frizz halo (my nickname in highschool was "christmas tree hair"). I have a few long layers but anything other than that and my hair looks stringy. Anyways, I've tried so many different shampoos/conditioners and never really found anything I was happy with. I have access to a Cosmoprof so I mix between drugstore and salon brands. My most recent failure was Redken Frizz Dismiss line paired with Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil.

A few weeks ago, I had an Olaplex treatment done, and the stylist used Pureology Volume shampoo and conditioner, followed by L'Oreal Mythic Oil. I let my hair air dry while driving home and OMG the waves...the softness...amazing. I bought all 3 products last week and I'm really happy with them - a coworker commented that my hair looks fuller, so something must be working! I paid $35 CAD for a litre at Cosmoprof (stylist price), but I would definitely pay retail. Doesn't come with a pump, but that can be purchased separately.

on 9/16/2014 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I treated myself to a trial bottle of this as a birthday gift to myself, mostly to satisfy my curiosity around the hype that this brand in general seems to get. My hair is very oily and fine, so I welcome any product that gives even a little lift and volume to it.
I've been using it for almost a month now, and my hair has been looking much fuller and much bouncier the day after I wash it with this (no conditioner or styling products afterwards. I think this one actually delivers on its volumizing promises. I don't particularly love the smell, it is a bit masculine for my taste, but don't think it's horrible or overpowering in any way. A quarter-sized amount lathers up really well, and my hair feels really clean.
As far as retaining color goes, I don't really feel qualified to give my opinion one way or another, mainly because I use henna on my hair, not conventional dyes.What really hurts though is the pricetag. I knew it was going to be expensive, but even the price of the trial bottle caused me to raise an eyebrow. I don't think I can justify the high price, even though it is nice, just not amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Just awful in everyway. I would give this shampoo and conditioner NEGATIVE stars if I could. I got pushed into buying this product from a hairstylist in a salon, he promised me this would be a great product for volumizing. Sadly did not live up to that promise. To be blunt it is one of the worst buys of 2014.

1) $60 + TAX for shampoo and conditioner that is crap quality
2) This shampoo STINKS!!! I HATE the way my hair smells after I wash with these products.
3) Makes my oily scalp OILER, and dry ends DRIER. Awful.
4) Doesn't make my hair shiny at all.

60 bucks down the drain.

on 4/25/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I hated the original formula my former colorist insisted my hair needed. I'm long, fine, blond highlighted. Revisited the brand independent of my wonderful current colorist. The updated formulation is equally lousy as the original. I despise the scalp sensation, think I'm having an aneurysm during shampooing. Leaves my hair straw like and nasty smelling. If you really want some volume have a pro keratin treatment every few months. I won't be returning to Pureology any time in the future unless I can return unused product.

on 1/24/2015 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not for fine hair! I couldn't believe how dull, heavy and lifeless this shampoo made my hair look, even when I used the corresponding conditioner. Very disappointed.